Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2018, 08:39 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The Democrats were not expected to win Texas. It was expected to be competitive (which it was), but O'Rourke was never expected to win. Missouri was always expected to be a pure toss up.
Hahahaha

Then why did they spend $100M there?

That was a stinging blow to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 08:42 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
did I ever say polls or commentators said the Dems would pick up senate seats? You need to re-read what I said. I was referring to posters here. The usual ones that thought the dems would clean house. Of course the experts never gave the senate to the Dems, but my point which went over your head was and this is being said this morning pretty much: never did the dems or really anyone else think that 4 senate seats would flip right.

Wht the heck does you living in a Dem or A Republican district have to do with this thread? HELLO!!!!!
It has everything to do with it when the district flips after 37 years.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:42 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
did I ever say polls or commentators said the Dems would pick up senate seats? You need to re-read what I said. I was referring to posters here. The usual ones that thought the dems would clean house. Of course the experts never gave the senate to the Dems, but my point which went over your head was and this is being said this morning pretty much: never did the dems or really anyone else think that 4 senate seats would flip right.

Wht the heck does you living in a Dem or A Republican district have to do with this thread? HELLO!!!!!
Oh I'm just looking at things with a less cynical lens....if a Republican district can turn for the first time in 37 years, in spite of Trump's glowing endorsement and actual pushing of the Republican candidate -- anything can happen.

You are right , I misunderstood. I thought you were saying the 'predictions' in general were that the Dems would get some Senate seats.

I apologize.

The Dems did clean THE House...lol.

Dems made significant inroads.......they did.

Did it wipe out Republican control -- no -- but it will impede or be a check on Trump. It just will be.

This wasn't a huge win or lose in general for either party and for the country it is a big lose -- we are just more divided.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:43 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Good grief. Stop with the party line already. The economy is booming in spite of Trump not because of him. He entered office with a 4% unemployment rate. He seem to forget that every time he speaks of it, however. Anyway, the races went pretty much as expected. House flipped to Democrats, and the GOP maintained control of the Senate. I'm looking forward to seeing Trump's tax returns
What does this have to do with Trump's tax returns? I do not think they can be demanded, I might be wrong. Show me where it says they are not private property. t

Old 11-07-2018, 08:58 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
What does this have to do with Trump's tax returns? I do not think they can be demanded, I might be wrong. Show me where it says they are not private property. t
When this law said that the chairmen of the now-Democrat controlled House Tax Committee can examine them.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:59 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It has everything to do with it when the district flips after 37 years.

In defense of the criticism of my comment -- In my giddiness I didn't explain it well. LOL.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:02 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIL9 View Post
I think the blue ripple may have reached wave status if it not for Kavanaugh and the migrant marchers.
Both the Kavanaugh debacle and the migrant marchers were orchestrated by the Democrat left. If they were just able to stay out of their own way, then the blue ripple may well have reached blue wave status. But they could not do it in this years elections, they will not be able to restrain themselves in the House and the upcoming Democrat presidential contest is going to be a political circus beyond anything any of us have ever seen before.

This should be entertaining, if nothing else.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:05 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:

I thought the Senate was going to be a wash, though I did think a couple seat GOP was possible, I was a bit surprised at four. On the flip side many Republicans on here (yourself included) though the GOP would lose seats, but not enough to flip the House.

At the end of the day it seems Republicans on here tended to underestimate the losses in the House, and Democrats tended to underestimate the losses in the Senate.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:06 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
When this law said that the chairmen of the now-Democrat controlled House Tax Committee can examine them.
No problem. Trump can classify them as confidential, and then make them available to the chairman of the House Tax Committee in a SCIF room, where the documents can be viewed by the chairman, but not copied or removed or distributed to others. If the content of the documents is disclosed to the media, it will just be the one person who had access, so the FBI will know who to lock up without the need for any lengthy investigations.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:09 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I'm not sure why you say this. Democrats losses in the senate races were quite stunning given what happened in Florida, Missouri and Texas. Republicans who have been votiing against Trump are now gone.
The senate simply aligned along historical red/blue divisions. What was a dem doing in SD in the first place? On the other hand, the Dems made huge inroads into red suburbia winning some stunning upsets (Brat, Sessions among them). As for the senate now the shoe is on the other foot with many Rs in blue states looking down the barrel for 2020. I think more than a few will start to hedge their votes. Bottom line, though, is that the GOP agenda is dead other than judicial appointments. Trump got his wall - but it is around him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections