Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 11:53 PM

4,909 posts, read 2,059,477 times

Advertisements

Jay Inslee wants 1.1 Billion dollars to study the killer whale population when our schools, throughout the State are in trouble. The same guy who wanted to add another .56-.75 cents per gallon on gas, as well as adding additional surcharges on everybody monthly electric bills... To help reduce the carbon footprint on the State, which isn't that bad at all with all the other environmental protection laws that are on our books... Which was soundly defeated at the ballot box last November. Also, if you're living in the most heavy populated part of the State, Western Washington/Seattle metro area, be prepared to pay an insane yearly fee to register your car/truck to help fund projects that won't be completed until 2050... If at all!!! Case and point, for a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, I paid $650.00 for the ONE YEAR registration on this ONE non commercial, family vehicle.

Plus, he is super soft on crime, which is another long story, causing the lowering of the QoL.

Basically, he's a train wreck and causing the working middle class families to flee the State, which is fine in his books since they're being replaced with the super rich, high tech workers and the homeless since the police will no longer arrest them for any type of property crimes or drug related offenses, which has destroyed the quality of life in this once great State since it's basically a free for all for the homeless since they know they will get a free pass.

Trust me and many MANY more Washington State residents that he no friend to the working middle class families making between $50Ks to $100Ks a year But!! He loves being in the pockets of the super rich and the powerful high tech industries.

Please research on your own before you fall for the BS about him being the greatest thing since sliced bread... Because he's not. Plus, I bet he couldn't even win his own home State in a national general election.

And yes, I'm planning to put my home on the market and move to a more common sense State within the next two years since I can't keep up with all the yearly tax increases... We currently pay one of the highest sales tax in the nation, but Inslee supports keeping the high sales tax rates WHILE introducing a State income tax for everybody. They try to push it as only for the super rich, but that code for within two to three years, everybody!!

Don't believe the hype!! Research on your own and come to your own conclusions!! But if you love high taxes on the working class, extra "surcharges" on using energy, soft on hardcore criminals and spending billions on useless projects, than he's your man!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 05:28 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Jay Inslee wants 1.1 Billion dollars to study the killer whale population when our schools, throughout the State are in trouble. The same guy who wanted to add another .56-.75 cents per gallon on gas, as well as adding additional surcharges on everybody monthly electric bills... To help reduce the carbon footprint on the State, which isn't that bad at all with all the other environmental protection laws that are on our books... Which was soundly defeated at the ballot box last November. Also, if you're living in the most heavy populated part of the State, Western Washington/Seattle metro area, be prepared to pay an insane yearly fee to register your car/truck to help fund projects that won't be completed until 2050... If at all!!! Case and point, for a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, I paid $650.00 for the ONE YEAR registration on this ONE non commercial, family vehicle.

Plus, he is super soft on crime, which is another long story, causing the lowering of the QoL.

Basically, he's a train wreck and causing the working middle class families to flee the State, which is fine in his books since they're being replaced with the super rich, high tech workers and the homeless since the police will no longer arrest them for any type of property crimes or drug related offenses, which has destroyed the quality of life in this once great State since it's basically a free for all for the homeless since they know they will get a free pass.

Trust me and many MANY more Washington State residents that he no friend to the working middle class families making between $50Ks to $100Ks a year But!! He loves being in the pockets of the super rich and the powerful high tech industries.

Please research on your own before you fall for the BS about him being the greatest thing since sliced bread... Because he's not. Plus, I bet he couldn't even win his own home State in a national general election.

And yes, I'm planning to put my home on the market and move to a more common sense State within the next two years since I can't keep up with all the yearly tax increases... We currently pay one of the highest sales tax in the nation, but Inslee supports keeping the high sales tax rates WHILE introducing a State income tax for everybody. They try to push it as only for the super rich, but that code for within two to three years, everybody!!

Don't believe the hype!! Research on your own and come to your own conclusions!! But if you love high taxes on the working class, extra "surcharges" on using energy, soft on hardcore criminals and spending billions on useless projects, than he's your man!!
To say nothing of embracing criminal aliens, places for drug addicts to shoot up and giving up your civil rights. In other words-right up there with the other far-left clowns running for the Democratic primary.

Old 02-01-2019, 09:33 AM

15,873 posts, read 14,487,406 times
I think every elected official in the country with a D after their name is going to throw their hat into the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination race.

Old 02-01-2019, 10:01 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I'm in WA, where Inslee is governor. I doubt that he has a chance at the Democratic nomination, but of course I never thought Trump had a chance at the GOP nomination. Inslee is often called 'Sleepy Jay' around here. He's a very listless, uninspiring speaker who makes Jeb Bush look like a dynamo.

My guess is that he is running for Energy Secretary or some such thing.
LOL.

Old 03-05-2019, 01:45 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,922 times
I watched Jay Inslee on Maddow and found this candidate checked a lot of boxes.

#1 Issue for America is global warming and job growth by encouraging conversion away from fossil fuels

#2 Both Washington DC experience and Washington State Governor

#3 Not too old not too young

#4 Sane policy on minimum wages
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections