Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 07:05 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,573,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Im fine with that, do you disagree with the virtue being signaled ????
You need to look up what the term "virtue signaling" means. It isn't what you think

I fully support LGBT rights, but it is pathetic to promote a candidate based solely on sexual orientation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
FDR, Ike, JFK, LBJ, Nixon, Clinton all cheated. It is wrong, but is neither here nor there regarding their performance as president. FDR is ranked 3 by the CSPAN survey of historians, and Ike is ranked 5.
Nixon? Really? Kinda difficult to imagine that.

Old 04-07-2019, 07:16 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Jason Kander was getting the same kind of attention before he dropped out of the running. I get that you want to attack the left for "identity politics", but this isnt a case of that.

He is a new face, and people genuinely like him.
You have no way of knowing what's motivating the interest in this guy. The fact of the matter is, Mitch Landrieu and Seth Moulton have also been floated as running in 2020. Are they getting the same attention?

Of course not.

Old 04-07-2019, 07:18 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Nixon? Really? Kinda difficult to imagine that.
According to writer Ronald Kessler, Nixon had an affair with a woman in Hong Kong when he worked there as a young lawyer. J Edgar Hoover had it in his files, and when Nixon was about to fire Hoover, Hoover made sure that Nixon knew that Hoover knew. Hoover kept his job, so I guess it was probably true.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/m...ss-bb7dzqj5mft

Quote:
Nixon reportedly had a long-running affair with Marianna Liu, who was nearly two decades his junior and worked as a hostess in Hong Kong.

Old 04-07-2019, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
According to writer Ronald Kessler, Nixon had an affair with a woman in Hong Kong when he worked there as a young lawyer. J Edgar Hoover had it in his files, and when Nixon was about to fire Hoover, Hoover made sure that Nixon knew that Hoover knew. Hoover kept his job, so I guess it was probably true.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/m...ss-bb7dzqj5mft

Thanks - sounds legit to me.

Old 04-07-2019, 07:43 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,378,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
More like having representation from their party make-up. And you are not speaking for all liberals just as anyone saying that all conservatives are racists is a dumb thing to say.
You're right, I do not know every liberal in the country, but I have seen my share and I know how they generally think, just as I know how conservatives think generally, because my partner and I are members of that club.

Generally, liberals are unsure of themselves and many of them are mentally ill, so they try to make up for that by supporting causes which make themselves feel better.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:25 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
It's the Democrat party, not the Republican party, who finds Pete Buttigeig unacceptable as a candidate simply because he's gay.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:31 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's the Democrat party, not the Republican party, who finds Pete Buttigeig unacceptable as a candidate simply because he's gay.
What exactly are you basing this off of? Out of the members of Congress, Senate, Governors, of those who are gay, how many are Republican?

Old 04-08-2019, 09:31 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
As popular as the other dozens of Democrat dimwits running.
Are you claiming Buttigieg is a "dimwit?" The guy who learned Norwegian (along with the 7 other languages he knows) because he wanted to read a book in Norwegian, he's Rhodes Scholar, volunteered for a tour in Afghanistan when he did not need to go near the place, turned the course of a town around?

Really? You think Buttigieg is a "dimwit"? The guy is brilliant, articulate and can answer every single question put to him on policy. You want to put him up against the 'stable genius' who cannot speak or write English?

Setting a president? Oranges of immigration policy? Covfefe?

Please. Don't insult our intelligence. Trump is the only dimwit running for president. And the biggest one.

Old 04-08-2019, 12:02 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
What exactly are you basing this off of? Out of the members of Congress, Senate, Governors, of those who are gay, how many are Republican?

Why the comments here. And the fact that you can only defend the Democrats with a fallacy of relative privation only proves it. You guys are horrified of a Pete Buttigeig nomination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections