Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 05:25 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I believe we already confirmed that of you seeing as you needed urban dictionary to help you and it backfired LOL.
This topic is about Pete Buttigeig and not the Urban Dictionary. Why do you constantly go off on nonsense like this in topics about Pete Buttigeig?

Is it that you are scared of his fast and huge rise in popularity in a field of otherwise crazed Democrats? The media can't get enough of the man. "beh toe" better be watching out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2019, 05:40 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This topic is about Pete Buttigeig and not the Urban Dictionary. Why do you constantly go off on nonsense like this in topics about Pete Buttigeig?

Is it that you are scared of his fast and huge rise in popularity in a field of otherwise crazed Democrats? The media can't get enough of the man. "beh toe" better be watching out.
None of your post make sense, especially since im one of the people here supporting the man. Maybe you should go back and read the post I was responding to.

Old 04-09-2019, 07:59 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,669,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
A chimp would be better than the one in office now.

We have a chimp in the office and we have also had those in the office in the recent past. The WH is a zoo.

Old 04-09-2019, 08:34 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
I can see that this is a little too complicated for you. No, Pete is not virtue signaling, it is the folks that support him simply because he is gay. It is a false front. A charade. Condescending. And ultimately insulting to, in this case, gay people.

Also, if you need help with the example in the Urban Dictionary, go find an adult to explain it to you.
Who supports him simply because he’s gay?

Do you have interviews to share?
Survey results?

Or is this yet another example of “because I said so?â€

If so, it is you who is being condescending.
It is you who has completely dismissed all of his other qualifications by focusing solely on this one aspect.

Could have focused on his age or his education or his military service...

But you didn’t because you want to emphasize the fact that he’s gay lest anyone forget or didn’t know.

I wonder why that might be the case.
Never mind.
I don’t wonder at all.

Old 04-09-2019, 12:30 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,665,551 times
He is smart, put together and presents himself well. I can see why he's getting the press right now. He comes across as straight forward and not as "political" as some who've been around a long time. His youth gives him an air of a bit of naivety, which people like, too. When I first saw him, I thought he was so young, but as I've watched him, he's pretty polished for his age and short hx in politics.

Old 04-09-2019, 12:34 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I doubt he’d be getting the same amount of attention if he was straight. He’s gone from nobody has heard of him before to articles about how his partner would be the first husband if he ran for president and won. That’s quite the leap.
If he was straight, there would be very little that Republicans could hate him for. Him being gay is a huge gift to the GOP.

And you're right, he'll never be President. It's a shame because aside from the issue of him being gay, he's much better than any of the other Dem contenders and I think he has the charisma to really speak to people, much in the way Obama did.

Old 04-09-2019, 12:47 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Nate Silver's 538 says he could win the nomination.

How Pete Buttigieg Could Win The 2020 Democratic Nomination

Old 04-10-2019, 10:00 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,739,575 times
I think the key words from the article here are that Buttigieg "detaches progressive policy positions from the culture war." This is the quality that gives him mass appeal.

I think he by far has the best chance in the general, I only hope he can get through the primary.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:21 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
He'll never be president (not yet, anyway), but he's an interesting participant.

Why You Love Mayor Pete
Why are people so in love with the mayor of South Bend, Ind., who almost nobody had heard of until he did a CNN town hall on March 10?

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...buttigieg-utak
I met a superfan in Frederick, Maryland, who says that every few hours she calls the campaign to give another $10.
lol Why would they print that lie? No one does that. Is she a hooker or a drug dealer that gets money every few hours?

Old 04-10-2019, 03:08 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I met a superfan in Frederick, Maryland, who says that every few hours she calls the campaign to give another $10.
lol Why would they print that lie? No one does that. Is she a hooker or a drug dealer that gets money every few hours?
Nah. I know women who do that almost daily watching the TV sales channels. Some women love the thrill of spending, especially when they crush on someone.

$10 sounds about right; it isn't enough to really hurt one bill at a time. If "every few hours" means 3 or 4 times a day, she may end up only donating $200 or less in all, and that's no huge amount of money either.

She won't keep it up for very long before moving on to the next crush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections