Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 07:16 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,807 times

Advertisements

"Most people live like us"?!

I don't think most have a close, criminally charged associate who is able to set us in a $1.6 million dollar home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 07:20 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,032,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
"Most people live like us"?!

I don't think most have a close, criminally charged associate who is able to set us in a $1.6 million dollar home!
Or a 1.6 million dollar fund raiser to get us elected to the Senate.

Go McCain at least he is married to.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:43 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,848,172 times
no, ugly people like barack and michelle are capable of leading people. you should never judge someones ability on looks. nor should you judge someones ability to lead on their ability to give a good, scripted, speech on change. yet, that is what the obama supporters have done. it must suck to loathe yourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
Very much agreed. Ones looks have nothing to do with intelligence and ability to lead people. I HATE it when people dismiss someone's capabilities because they don't like how they look. I'm particularly annoyed when it occurs with women, because lets face it, both McCain and Obama are not the traditionally attractive men (although my mom thinks Obama is sort of cute) and you don't see people clucking on about that in the way that people like Michelle Obama and Hillary Clinton have to suffer comments about their appearances.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:57 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,595,893 times
Exclamation Michelle Obama stating "most people live like us"

Wow, so the Presidency has even exposed those who wish it to be a spousal Beauty Contest. Amazing.

These comments diminish the very essence of the work women and equal rights organizations have fought for, for years. This sinister line of bias is sickening to behold and I would hope that we can all come to the point where it is the heart of a person we see and not the outward appearance.

Absolutely amazing.

In response to the OP......maybe because she pumps gas like the rest of us...lol.

PS - ask Californians what a "million" dollar home looks like, you may be surprised. Chicago isn't the cheapest place to live, but neither is Jersey, New York, Cali, and a myriad of other places....

Old 05-01-2008, 08:00 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,733,632 times
Michelle Obama wants us to move past the rev. something they didn't do for the last 20 years and now we have to do it within weeks...... What is wrong with this women. It is all about being selfish and what about what the rev. was saying about slavery... why aren't they getting over it as soon as we have to get over the rev. with his racist remarks!
I don't want any one to forget slavery or any bad thing that happened and is part of the World History. For a candidate for the presidency of the most powerful country in the world, to come out and keep treatening us as fools..... this is too much!

Old 05-01-2008, 08:02 AM

too funny. I would ask someone in california what a million dollar home looks like, but I don't think that they know. what was a million dollar home two years ago is probably selling for $350,000 now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Wow, so the Presidency has even exposed those who wish it to be a spousal Beauty Contest. Amazing.

These comments diminish the very essence of the work women and equal rights organizations have fought for, for years. This sinister line of bias is sickening to behold and I would hope that we can all come to the point where it is the heart of a person we see and not the outward appearance.

Absolutely amazing.

In response to the OP......maybe because she pumps gas like the rest of us...lol.

PS - ask Californians what a "million" dollar home looks like, you may be surprised. Chicago isn't the cheapest place to live, but neither is Jersey, New York, Cali, and a myriad of other places....

Old 05-01-2008, 08:03 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,733,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post

Absolutely amazing.

Okay people shouldn't judge on looks, I agree although she looked very mean in the interview and that has nothing to do with beauty but just being a angry mean looking wife of a candidate.
As far for the million dollar home....they are stating all the time that they are from unprivelaged come backs.... wow, how many can even afford the "small" million dollar homes as you are mentioning. Do we have to feel sorry for 2 people who had a change on getting an education at Harvard and Princeton? How many kids are everyday waiting for letters from the University's in the hope of getting admitted.....

Old 05-01-2008, 08:04 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,595,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
too funny. I would ask someone in california what a million dollar home looks like, but I don't think that they know. what was a million dollar home two years ago is probably selling for $350,000 now.
Ahhh......Touche

Old 05-01-2008, 08:37 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,084,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
it must suck to loathe yourselves.
I beg your pardon?

Old 05-01-2008, 08:41 AM

it's just a little ironic that people say don't judge someones ability to lead on looks, but those same people are judging someones ability to lead on a tired old slogan. the last thing we need in washington is another guy begging for change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
I beg your pardon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections