Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:25 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,050,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
It's an angry face; not ugly. She comes across as an angry woman.
By her words or her deeds or is it her facial appearance? Your words say what about you? I know and accept what mine say about me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 11:28 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Hate to be mean, but tried to watch her interview, just could not get past that ugly face!

I can relate, because every time I hear the name Obama I get sick
I hate the way he walks, talks, and looks!
And will he ever be able to say the word COUNTRY??
yuck and double yuck!!!

Old 05-01-2008, 11:31 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,090,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I can relate, because every time I hear the name Obama I get sick
(
I seriously don't understand this pathological hatred of someone I doubt you've ever met. I certainly don't feel that way about Clinton, McCain, or even George Bush (and I'm not fan of his by any stretch of the imagination). This sounds more like a personal problem rather than a legitimate political difference.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:39 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,602,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
I seriously don't understand this pathological hatred of someone I doubt you've ever met. I certainly don't feel that way about Clinton, McCain, or even George Bush (and I'm not fan of his by any stretch of the imagination). This sounds more like a personal problem rather than a legitimate political difference.
I'm very interested in political differences. Many of the aforementioned posters will not engage in policy discussions, so the opportunity to engage is relegated to gossip or trivial matters vs. the all too important Economy.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:50 AM

1,330 posts, read 5,095,221 times
If she thinks most people live like her family and their multi-million dollar income I seriously wonder how sheltered or deluded she is.

The average American lives 2 paychecks from being out of their house, 45 million people and counting are uninsured and 1 illness from being in the streets, many losing their 401K, many are losing their homes as we speak..and it is affecting whites, blacks and other minorities in our cities and even our rural areas. Even when they were "only" making 200K a year they were still much better off than the average american household's 48K.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:01 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,050,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post
If she thinks most people live like her family and their multi-million dollar income I seriously wonder how sheltered or deluded she is.

The average American lives 2 paychecks from being out of their house, 45 million people and counting are uninsured and 1 illness from being in the streets, many losing their 401K, many are losing their homes as we speak..and it is affecting whites, blacks and other minorities in our cities and even our rural areas. Even when they were "only" making 200K a year they were still much better off than the average american household's 48K.
They are like most American families not born into wealth but working hard to secure their now and their childrens future. They are just more successful then most should they be slammed because they worked in school and life and have made advancements. Perhaps the resentment is because they believe in the American Dream and have achieved it and some of you are still failures.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:03 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post

you are so riight she has completely lost reality and has been living on their island with the rev. It is not only Barack Obama who is the issue, his wife is just as much an issue. I just saw some polls and either way the dem. are going to have a bad time. I wish there could be good debates about serious issues but we are only dealing with Obama's lack of judgment the only accomplishment he really can put on his resume.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:14 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,095,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
They are like most American families not born into wealth but working hard to secure their now and their childrens future. They are just more successful then most should they be slammed because they worked in school and life and have made advancements. Perhaps the resentment is because they believe in the American Dream and have achieved it and some of you are still failures.
Not sure who you are refering to with this "some of you are still failures" is but I live far better off than the average American and was not born into wealth. There will always be a 3 class society, and when you lose touch with the bottom 2 you run into problems. Ask the French.

I am also not delusional enough to believe that my life, a 29 year old SAHM (who could be pulling 75K in salary easily) living in a new built custom home with 2 kids, 1 on the way, and nearly 6 figures in reserve savings, is comparable to the average American making half what my husband makes and struggling with an average of 8K in cc debt with NO savings.

"Most people live like us". Well I guess by your theory, Warren Buffet once wore diapers, crawled and had to learn how to read, so that means he is still just like the boy next door right?

Last edited by winnie; 05-01-2008 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-01-2008, 01:21 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,081,070 times
Born to a stay at home mom, a salesman dad, living in a steel town from PA, my nephew went the neighborhood Catholic school, got a scholarship for high school, worked really hard and got a full scholarship for his undergraduate work, and then full scholarship to Yale for his masters and then a partial Scholarship at Boston University for law. This is a kid who spent his summers at the shore, or coming out to whatever AF base his aunt happened to be at. He never had any money, drove a 17 year old car until recently and has about 80000 in student loans. He will probably take in about 250000 this year at age 32, delayed gratification since he was not working, but going to school until he was 29. Does that make him an elitist? He is paying off his debt, paying off his parents house, helping his sister with her college costs. That is what we hope and pray for as middle class parents.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:24 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,734,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
It's an angry face; not ugly. She comes across as an angry woman.
I wonder what she "clings" to in her bitterness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections