Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 08:47 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,857,631 times

Advertisements

I really thought it wouldn't start until July 4th, or maybe around the time of the Democratic convention, but no Grover Norquist decided to test the waters early and see how far the Republican party could go with the race card.

"Obama is just John Kerry with a tan."

Subtlety has never been Norquist's strong suit. We'll see if McCain decides to "distance" himself from this kind of behavior, or just grin and see how long it lasts on the (non-Fox) news. Kind of like the woman at the campaign stop who asked him; "how do we stop the **tch". Referring to Hillary. He just grinnned and moved on down the receiving line.

Yeah, I'm Mr. straight talk. Charlie Black can play up the terrorism card and Grover Norquist can play the race card, but if it doesn't last more than one news cycle I'll ignore it.

Time for Kirbijon to crank up another website.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 09:11 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,443,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
I really thought it wouldn't start until July 4th, or maybe around the time of the Democratic convention, but no Grover Norquist decided to test the waters early and see how far the Republican party could go with the race card.

Subtlety has never been Norquist's strong suit. We'll see if McCain decides to "distance" himself from this kind of behavior, or just grin and see how long it lasts on the (non-Fox) news. Kind of like the woman at the campaign stop who asked him; "how do we stop the **tch". Referring to Hillary. He just grinnned and moved on down the receiving line.

Yeah, I'm Mr. straight talk. Charlie Black can play up the terrorism card and Grover Norquist can play the race card, but if it doesn't last more than one news cycle I'll ignore it.

golfgod
Earlier this year the RNC did some polling to see how far they could go in playing the race card. They didn't reveal their results but, obviously, this is just the first salvo in what promises to be a strong Republican appeal to whites that don't feel entirely comfortable with a person of color as president.

It's never about the issues with the Repubs, polls show they lose on the issues, it all about smears and playing to people's fears.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:27 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,959,274 times
Obama's supporters played outright racism in the primaries; now they are left with few names to call whitey.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:39 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,003,719 times
Quote:
It's never about the issues with the Repubs, polls show they lose on the issues, it all about smears and playing to people's fears.
Sorry, but the democrats are the racists and the sexists. They displayed that lovely behavior right through the democrat primaries.

Can I just say how delighted I am that they showed the world what kind of people they really are, something the republicans/conservatives have known all along.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,200,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post

golfgod
You call this racism? Sorry but its not, its simply stating Obama is like Kerry, but darker skin.. Racism would be if they tell people to not vote for him because he has darker skin, but in this instance, they are saying dont vote for him because he's like Kerry.

Everything in life isnt racism, and while you sit here and blame the Republicans of playing the race card, its funny to see that you had to place the race card in order to blame Republicans for doing so..

Old 06-27-2008, 09:44 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,448,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Sorry, but the democrats are the racists and the sexists.
Do you really believe that JUST the Democrats are racist and sexist? Come on now.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:44 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,200,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Sorry, but the democrats are the racists and the sexists. They displayed that lovely behavior right through the democrat primaries.
And forum websites..

Old 06-27-2008, 09:50 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,178,125 times
Only a racist would think """Obama is just John Kerry with a tan."..is not racist.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:53 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,003,719 times
If Obama were white he wouldn't be the nominee. Hillary would.

Can you imagine the democrat party nominating an inexperienced, young, first term senator (who really only served 1 year so far), who was the most liberal guy in the senate? No chance. That leaves one thing - his race.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:53 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,462,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Only a racist would think """Obama is just John Kerry with a tan."..is not racist.
It's not. It would be racist if he said Obama is just like John Kerry, except with a tan so we shouldn't vote for him! But he is saying Obama is just as naive, stupid, and bad for this country. The only thing separating the two is skin color. Not racist whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections