Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 06:44 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
I'm a working single mother- am successful but have overcome many challenges in my life.

I have a hard time relating to Hilary Clinton- I would have loved to see a woman in the White House or in the VP seat but she's not like most of America. She's led a fairly privileged adult life. Never struggled financially, never was on her own.

Biden, on the other hand, faced the challenge of helping his two young sons recover from the untimely death of their mother and baby sister in an accident in which they were injured. This was during the time he was first elected to Senate and his boys were very young. He struggled with balancing career, family, and life. And he did that successfully. His sons have thrived. He has a very successful second marriage. He's far from "rich." He seems very fulfilled and knows what's really important.

I know politics are important- and Biden's experience in foreign policy is priceless. But for me, an attractive demographic (late 30s, middle class, middle of the road) I'm looking for someone who understands me, my concerns, my hopes, my challenges. Biden fits that bill and he appeals to me as a human being. That's much more important than politics.
obviously if you never liked hillary you would not mind biden as the vp candidate, but there are a lot of hillary supporters out there who are going to be very disappointed with mr. obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 07:06 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,984,135 times
What a bogus topic. Very few feminists will view it that way.

I think we have a concern troll here. The thread starter's odd attempt at starting some sort of conflict between Dem voters.

Weird.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:08 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,772,368 times
Some of these women just make me want to scream with their stupidity. I expect low class white males to be stupid and vote against themselves. They are very good at that. But women, you would think, would have the intelligence not to vote against themselves and their kids. A vote for McCain and the Republicans IS a vote against women and children. There is simply no other way to cut it. McCain is a womanizer, an adulterer and opposes abortion rights, women's rights, opposed the ERA, lied and cheated on his old wife, called his new wife names in public, opposes children's healthcare, opposes anything else for children.
So women have a choice to make and they had best choose wisely between President Obama who is 100% with them and Johnny Mac who is 100% against them.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:26 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,229,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
What a bogus topic. Very few feminists will view it that way.

I think we have a concern troll here. The thread starter's odd attempt at starting some sort of conflict between Dem voters.

Weird.
So only feminists support Clinton?

Do any men support her?

I hope you are right at that there will be healing in the Dem party. But since you think there are very few feminists that see a rift, there is nothing to heal. Right?

Old 08-23-2008, 07:32 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
As a woman in her early 50s who lived through the height of the women's lib movement, and so on, I would have loved to have had a female candidate worthy of being president. I always admired Sen. Clinton, although more during Pres. Clinton's first presidential campaign than now. I thought she was smart, accomplished and that she set a wonderful model for her daughter and mine.

The 'deal-breaker' for me was her vote for the Iraq 'conflict' - I knew in my heart that it was wrong then and nothing that has transpired since has changed my mind.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:42 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,412,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Some of these women just make me want to scream with their stupidity. I expect low class white males to be stupid and vote against themselves. They are very good at that. But women, you would think, would have the intelligence not to vote against themselves and their kids. A vote for McCain and the Republicans IS a vote against women and children. There is simply no other way to cut it. McCain is a womanizer, an adulterer and opposes abortion rights, women's rights, opposed the ERA, lied and cheated on his old wife, called his new wife names in public, opposes children's healthcare, opposes anything else for children.
So women have a choice to make and they had best choose wisely between President Obama who is 100% with them and Johnny Mac who is 100% against them.
I am a registered Independent and a black woman. Because of his OBL and amnesty positions, I will not vote for Obama. That being said:

Obama like every other nominee that has run for the office of POTUS has a right to choose the person that he feels is more suited for the job and he would be most comfortable with as his VP.

Both Hillary and Bill have insulted Obama at every turn on both a personal and professional level. The fact that she implied he could possibly be asassinated ala Bobby Kennedy style (like many of the Clinton's former now mysteriously dead associates) along with being forced to endure 4 years of Bill living out his 3rd term, is a more than adequate reason for not choosing Hillary as his running mate.

I think these whiny (primarily white women) need to grow up and get over it. Hillary lost. The fact that she is a woman and Obama rejected her is not an adequate reason to whine like 3 year olds. They are collective representatives of all that is wrong with the giant set of testicles known as Hillary Clinton.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:43 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,229,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
As a woman in her early 50s who lived through the height of the women's lib movement, and so on, I would have loved to have had a female candidate worthy of being president. I always admired Sen. Clinton, although more during Pres. Clinton's first presidential campaign than now. I thought she was smart, accomplished and that she set a wonderful model for her daughter and mine.

The 'deal-breaker' for me was her vote for the Iraq 'conflict' - I knew in my heart that it was wrong then and nothing that has transpired since has changed my mind.
Tiger

Is Biden's record on Iraq much different from Clinton's?

Old 08-23-2008, 08:08 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
The typical bash by an uninformed poster using no logic!
And your post contributed soooooo much!

Thank you for your really stupid analysis!

Democrats in office are better for the woman's movement than the Repressed Repugs!

Old 08-23-2008, 08:15 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Builder View Post
Tiger

Is Biden's record on Iraq much different from Clinton's?
I wouldn't have voted for Biden for President either.

Old 08-23-2008, 08:20 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,772,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I am a registered Independent and a black woman. Because of his OBL and amnesty positions, I will not vote for Obama. That being said:

Obama like every other nominee that has run for the office of POTUS has a right to choose the person that he feels is more suited for the job and he would be most comfortable with as his VP.

Both Hillary and Bill have insulted Obama at every turn on both a personal and professional level. The fact that she implied he could possibly be asassinated ala Bobby Kennedy style (like many of the Clinton's former now mysteriously dead associates) along with being forced to endure 4 years of Bill living out his 3rd term, is a more than adequate reason for not choosing Hillary as his running mate.

I think these whiny (primarily white women) need to grow up and get over it. Hillary lost. The fact that she is a woman and Obama rejected her is not an adequate reason to whine like 3 year olds. They are collective representatives of all that is wrong with the giant set of testicles known as Hillary Clinton.
I have bad news for you- McCain also supports amnesty. Amnesty is going to happen no matter who wins. It is not even an issue anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections