Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 12:20 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,546,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor92 View Post
I really hope the National Enquirer runs the story. I really do. It's just another log to throw onto the fire that shows how the media is trying to smear Palin.

If the Enquirer runs the story, it'll do nothing but help her and McCain's ticket.
The Enquirer isn't "the media". They're a tabloid. Just like Drudge.

That's why Obama/Biden are staying on the high road, and taking their economic case to the people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 12:34 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,050,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
I would like to keep playing with you but I have a buisness to run. Plus my assistant say's I scare her when I am on this forum. Have fun kids and hopefully I can break this addiction of reading this garbage.
I am retired and well established so I can play all day. Work hard and you to may be some day.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:36 PM

Quote:
I really hope the National Enquirer runs the story. I really do. It's just another log to throw onto the fire that shows how the media is trying to smear Palin.

If the Enquirer runs the story, it'll do nothing but help her and McCain's ticket.
Hate to tell you but this thread is about the fact that they already have.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
I truly believe that it will prevent any rage or disaffection from his supporters. But I don't think that discounts the sympathy and affection that will flow to the other side.

As far as Troopergate, it's only something that's perpetuated by those that have grossly ignored the facts. The fact is that there's no factual link showing any abuse of power continues the story line of people and media harping on an issue which there is not smoking gun or evidence to make her look bad. Those that perpetuate such stories without any factual basis are doing nothing but helping her.
Palin aide bails on talking to Legislature: Walt Monegan firing | adn.com
That appears to contradict a background paper recently released by the McCain-Palin campaign that says the family never knew that Wooten had been disciplined, which is one reason Todd kept pressing the point.

this is the Anchorage paper and they have needless to say been covering the story for weeks and there reason weeks ago to help Obama was? Want more readers just follow the link and read previous articles from up north.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:44 PM

Palin aide bails on talking to Legislature: Walt Monegan firing | adn.com
Bailey, the governor's director of boards and commissions with a $78,500 annual salary, has been on paid leave since Aug. 19 as a result of what Palin has called a "smoking gun" conversation with a trooper lieutenant about Wooten. He is paying for his own lawyer.

Even Palin has called it a smoking gun. However that was prior to her need to coverup since being asked to be McCain's running mate. Now there are bigger stakes and a time line to be elected. If the truth can be delayed until the right time then all will be well?

So has Palin grossly ignored the facts herself as some posters claim?

Old 09-04-2008, 12:52 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,548,962 times
Great, now McCain and Palin have something else in common. Infidelity.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:55 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,470,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
OMG!! You actually believe that stuff in the National Enquirer???

You probably believe everything Obama says too
Nobody on the right was complaining when they were talking about Edwards 'eh?

Old 09-04-2008, 12:59 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Nobody on the right was complaining when they were talking about Edwards 'eh?
Of course not.

Now they can wallow in their own filth.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:16 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,546,306 times
According to Andrew Sullivan, the man who Palin is alleged to have cheated with, has filed an emergency motion to have his divorce papers sealed.

Working in the law field, I know what this means: there's something in the file that's damaging. And quite possibly to Palin.

I didn't want to give the Enquirer any due, but this story may take shape.

The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

Old 09-05-2008, 01:23 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,235,056 times
It wouldn't surprise me if she did have an affair. Those who scream "family values" and point fingers at everyone else are usually the biggest offenders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections