Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 12:10 PM

6 posts, read 7,217 times

Advertisements

remember to remove the [URL] on both ends of the address if you're going to copy and paste! Its worth listening to, it's funny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 12:54 PM

438 posts, read 503,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChicago View Post
Black people well most black people vote for obama because he black
You know this how?

I'll counter your assumption by mentioning Al Gore received 90% of the Black vote. African American have always overwhelmingly voted Democrat.

Alan Keyes didn't get the Black vote and neither did Ezola Foster.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:17 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwine View Post
How many of the black voters vote for Obama because he is black and not because of his politics? And how many white Democrats choose not to vote at all because the candidate is black?
Do you think this election will have a bigger turnout then normally because of Obama?

No...

I'm convinced we'll have a bigger turnout because of 8 years of Bush/Cheney. We're (the public) slow learners, but once we get it, we really get it.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:22 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,061,990 times
Question.

Why did Irish Americans vote overwhelmingly for Kennedy?

Old 10-15-2008, 01:29 PM

281 posts, read 380,774 times
As another poster pointed out, I want to know why the curiosity with black voters all of a sudden. There has never been a concern before now.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:31 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natchezbreed View Post
As another poster pointed out, I want to know why the curiosity with black voters all of a sudden. There has never been a concern before now.
Great point. That's quite interesting, now isn't it?

Old 10-15-2008, 01:32 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,494,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterinAmerica View Post
Question.

Why did Irish Americans vote overwhelmingly for Kennedy?

Because they were Catholic?

Old 10-15-2008, 01:40 PM

3 posts, read 4,392 times
WHY DO WHITE PEOPLE VOTE FOR MCCAIN? Thinking people will not vote for McSame. He is too much like George W. Bush and we got screwed by him - royally. Race has nothing to do with this election. It is a matter of who offers hope and who doesn't. McCain doesn't offer the leadership we are looking for. Obama is the man who sweep 50 out of 50 on November 4, 2008. Put on your dancing shoes to dance on GWB's grave.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:46 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,637,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natchezbreed View Post
There is no answer to the question because peopleits jusgt meant to justify a view. The question doesn't even pass the critical thinking test, but it has just enough drama attached to create a knee jerk reaction.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:26 AM

6 posts, read 7,217 times
Default If Obama were white....

If Obama were white, I guarantee you McCain would win this election hands down! He (Obama) has done a great job selling to a lot of white people that he will make some changes, and a few have bought into it. But it is most certainly, the Black vote that will put him over the top this time. I know without any doubt, there are MORE Black people voting for Obama just because he's black, then there are White people that vote for McCain just because Obama is Black! And the really sad thing is, not only have the majority of these Black Voters NEVER Voted... they have no idea, other than Obama is Black, why they will do it this time. After you listen to the interviews made in Harlem by Howard Sterns guy, that the majority of them cant even read! Oh, but thats the Republicans Fault we have so many Black people that cant read, right? That explains why they (the Blacks) will buy into this crap, and the only excuse for the white people that believe it, is that they believe everything Hollywood tells them and aren't capable of thinking for themselves! Obama will probably win, but you idiots will be very ashamed of your choice, trust me. by the way, before you start, I'm not a republican, I didn't Vote for Bush, I believe you Vote for the man that has earned this privilege, Obama hasn't even come close! McCain is, and has been serving this country his entire life, Obama served this country for less than a few hundred days and decided he's run for President, he's nothing but a professional liar!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections