Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2008, 01:37 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
ok, so?

The poster i was responding to implied that McCain is showing leadership, hence my reply.

Try to keep up!
I just read the entire thread, dood, you're not helping your argument any. YOU should attempt to "keep up."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

1,862 posts, read 3,342,665 times
From what I read on "USA Today" just now, it sounds like Obama is the one who called on McCain to do something.

McCain is acting like HE started it. HAHAHA

Obama to speak in 5 minutes.

2,079 posts, read 4,951,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
Fine they can both go and work during the day then take a couple of hours off to have the debate that night. Problem solved.
Sounds like a simple solution to me. Afterall, isn't the President already in Washington.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:38 PM

210 posts, read 671,446 times
It is a classic move... as the team makes an offensive move toward the goal, the apposing team calls TIME OUT to slow the momentum....

McCain is out of touch and Obama is rising in the polls. TIME OUT!!!

Old 09-24-2008, 01:38 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,660,830 times
Quote:
All three senators involved in this race should have been back in DC before the hearings began. No one gets a pass on this.
I agree with you on that.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:39 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,660,830 times
Quote:
It is a classic move... as the team makes an offensive move toward the goal, the apposing team calls TIME OUT to slow the momentum....

McCain is out of touch and Obama is rising in the polls. TIME OUT!!!
Good point!

5,340 posts, read 13,950,197 times
McCain is such a moron it is getting painful for me to watch the news anymore. OMG, this man has gone from someone who I actually had respect for to a pathetic right wing hack with nary a clue. God help us all if this team should win.

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
"We must meet as Americans, not as Democrats and Republicans..."

paraphrased there.

So what's your deal? Too good for that? McCain just took ahold of Ohio and edged closer to Obama in this race.

I don't care what y'all say, this is one very tight race. If you want to use this as an opportunity to bash McCain, go ahead. I say shame on you folks.
Senator McCain has bashed himself. He's put together a concerted effort to circumvent the press, shown poor judgment repeatedly, tossed the Republican mantle in the fireplace, and stomped all over the intelligence of the Republican Party.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:41 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
So, if he were the POTUS would he ask Iran and NK to "hold on" while he addressed domestic issues?

What a total joke show!!!

Old 09-24-2008, 01:41 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,526,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
So you are saying as a Senator, running for President, to avoid looking as if this is a politcal move, he should do nothing? He is showing leadership and true presidential qualities. McCain will direct getting a deal done and getting it done now! You libs are incredible, he puts country first and you still crticise him? what a joke! If Obama had made this move, you would have all been singing the praises.
I would have looked at that as strange and negative, if Obama did this.
However, he's up in all the national polls.
McCain's has been behind 80 to 90 percent of the time since the nominations where known and has run a sleazier campaign with way more lies and half truths than Obama has (see a USA today editorial this week). That's why he's being mocked by anyone who gets it, except the Hannity like crowd, like Carolina Cowboy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections