Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 08:04 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
No, what bothered me was how rude Obama was by cutting in before McCain had even finished his point. But it does explain why his supporters here on CD are so rude, they are following their leader..
DId you watch the same debate the rest of us did? McCAIN was the one butting it and interrupting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 08:04 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,252,545 times
Quote:
Well they are right about one thing, he is a looser.
He was a lot looser this debate, you're right. He seemed much more comfortable with the issues.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:05 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
Different perspective...Senator Obama seemed very polite (too polite) as opposed to McCain who kept butting in and interjecting remarks when it wasn't his turn.
On the contrary, it seemed to me that McCain was the polite one, letting Obama finish his point, and Obama kept interrupting when it was McCain's turn to speak.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:07 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,252,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
On the contrary, it seemed to me that McCain was the polite one, letting Obama finish his point, and Obama kept interrupting when it was McCain's turn to speak.
Au contraire! My husband, an "impartial" european, said that neither one was rude, but McCain did seem more aggressive.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:11 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mappy View Post
It seemed condescending, but that is McCain. When he wasn't smirking, he looked constipated.
LOLOL Im going to send you a bill for the coffee you made me spit out on the carpet

Old 09-27-2008, 08:12 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,489 times
All his smirking and posturing was very similar to ...ohhh who was that other moron who always smirks when he gets caught with his pants down???? BUSH.
McCain was smug, condescending, self-righteous. And he was getting REALLY testy and obviously angry. Temper, temper Johnny...

I can't BELIEVE he actually called himself "The Maverick of the senate." What a sick joke. That may have been true many years ago, but now he has a new name : The SELL-OUT of the senate. HE sold out all his principles to crawl in Bush's back pocket. He is disgusting.

McCain also appears to have a big of a martyr complex, yet again bringing up his POW years. Why doesn't he just get a big cross and nail himself to it.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:13 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,451,943 times
Quote:
No, what bothered me was how rude Obama was by cutting in before McCain had even finished his point. But it does explain why his supporters here on CD are so rude, they are following their leader..
The only times he cut in was whenever McCain lied and Obama tried to correct him, McCain just kept mumbling on and on and on and....

Old 09-27-2008, 08:13 AM

13 posts, read 19,226 times
Yes McCain facial expressions stressed me dearly. I don't know what his problem is but he has difficulty staying on point. It may have a lot to do with his med's. I know one thing he can't fool me. I have never saw someone like this man who want to benefit twice for serving his country. I know in the real world you only get paid once for doing a job. Reagan has placed him in Congress. Enough is enough already. I thank him and the many soldiers who have served this country and have not been handed a silver platter for doing so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
What was McCain on last night?
I've popped mushrooms and never been so giddy in all my life.
Whatever he was on, I want some.
He really gets giddy when Obama talks about McCain's refusal to meet with Spain.
He was so giddy he forgot his flag pin. Where is the flag pin???
Check this short giddy school girl clip out. Just say NO McCain.

YouTube - Barack Obama Slams John McCain on Foreign Policy

Old 09-27-2008, 08:14 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
Ahhh come on now. I liked his character. It shows he has a happy side.

As far as the lapel pin, I think he's shown his patriotism more from his service to this country and that IMO is a permanent pin!
Nope, according to the GOP if your not wearing the pin, you hate our troops. I wonder why McCain hates our troops so much.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:16 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,808 times
I thought McCain looked the the joker smiling all the time. Between the not looking at Obama and the way he acted like Obama wasn't a member of the club he was in because he was better. That came out very clear and people don't like that. Obama went toe to toe with this man who was suppose to be more experience on this debate suject than Obamaas. The real win was that Obamna showed he was a leader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections