Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 02:45 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,240,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I thought they way he said that was so kindergarten like....

McCain had just spoken about wearing a band around his wrist in honor of a person....than Obama said I have one too!

Is that presidential? I really thought there were too many times that Obama behaved not like a presidential cadidate although he did better than I expected but McCain was outstanding after having to warm up for 5 min.
Obama was going down the longer he was speaking.
I agree with this. Mrs. Amploud and I actually laughed out loud at Obama last night.

McCain's bracelet story was lame. Obama's need to fabricate/share his own bracelet story in an effort to compete was far more lame.

Libertarians don't make up bracelet stories! Vote Libertarian!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 03:00 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amploud View Post
I agree with this. Mrs. Amploud and I actually laughed out loud at Obama last night.

McCain's bracelet story was lame. Obama's need to fabricate/share his own bracelet story in an effort to compete was far more lame.

Libertarians don't make up bracelet stories! Vote Libertarian!
Here is a link to Matthew J Stanley:

Matthew J Stanley* - Iraq War Heroes, Fallen Heroes Memorial

Old 09-27-2008, 03:26 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Did you see Ryan David Pocheck? I controlled F and typed in Ryan and no P's came up.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:27 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Did you see Ryan David Pocheck? I controlled F and typed in Ryan and no P's came up.
Oh it's jopek

http://www.iraqwarheroes.org/jopek.htm

Old 09-27-2008, 03:31 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,530,947 times
Quote:
So just because Obama "thought" he was lying that it is ok to be disrespectful and unpresidential?
This is exactly why Obama is not ready to be President! Foreign leaders are forever saying things that the US President does not like so than it is ok to cut them off and get "your" point across because you think they are lying? OMG that sort of behavior does not even cut it in the corporate world.
That is kind of child and immature like don't you think?
Lame post. That example about foreign leaders, usually does not involve a debate format.
Besides, when Obama did that, all he said just about all the time was "That's not true", I don't think that is a full blown interuption.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Lame post. That example about foreign leaders, usually does not involve a debate format.
Besides, when Obama did that, all he said just about all the time was "That's not true", I don't think that is a full blown interuption.
Really........
When you are meeting with a foreign leader trying to find resolution to a situation what do you think happens in there?
They go back n forth on what their stance is on the topic.... and have to come to a compromise or not.
You must be able to listen patiently to the other and give them the respect of that wait your turn to interject and you cannot interrupt that is disrespectful and could end that meeting cold!

Obviously you have only had people around you that agree with you in life and never in a position of authority to be able to delegate or come to compromise in situations.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Really........
When you are meeting with a foreign leader trying to find resolution to a situation what do you think happens in there?
They go back n forth on what their stance is on the topic.... and have to come to a compromise or not.
You must be able to listen patiently to the other and give them the respect of that wait your turn to interject and you cannot interrupt that is disrespectful and could end that meeting cold!

Obviously you have only had people around you that agree with you in life and never in a position of authority to be able to delegate or come to compromise in situations.
You seem like a Limbaugh like hack. Apples and Oranges, comparing a private meeting between two people, with a structured debate format.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
You seem like a Limbaugh like hack. Apples and Oranges, comparing a private meeting between two people, with a structured debate format.
Either you have the discipline of respecting others or you dont and Obama does not........... plan and simple.
Also do you think name calling me is adult. It only makes you look stupid and unintelligent.

Oh afterthought:

I have not listened to Rush in years and years years....... so........

Old 09-27-2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Either you have the discipline of respecting others or you dont and Obama does not........... plan and simple.
Also do you think name calling me is adult. It only makes you look stupid and unintelligent.

Oh afterthought:

I have not listened to Rush in years and years years....... so........
I've seen you call others names like "libs", which is like me calling you a hack. Just because you don't listen to Limbaugh, does not mean you're not Limbaugh like with you're willingness to post negative, after negative post about Obama and praise, praise McCain, no matter what he does, like the stunt about "suspending his campaign".
I've placed credit on here when it's due for McCain (I still feel he lost last night, but did not do poorly) and have knocked or pointed out things that are against Obama (like his experimental drug use in the past) on my posts.
So I got fired out with your rant about "obviously you never look at another point besides only the one you like", not exact words, but close, when you don't even know my first name.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:20 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Quote:
Actually McCain was respectful to Obama.
Obama was continually trying to cut off McCain in mid speech because he was clearly flustered and just had to get his point out and could not wait until his turn. Not very Presidential I might say!
That is exactly what I thought. Respect to let the other finish and response to that...but Obama with his inex finger was many times like " I want my turn, please give me my turn....just to get the last word in....it isn't about the last word it is about what the answer means and what is coming from the heart and not from the paper or from the 3 days of practice that Obama needed to have to go over and over the answers of questions they expected!
We all know Obama is bright and smart but is no leader and has no experience and a huge lack of judgment.....there are many bright intelligent people out there, but to become the president of one of the most powerful and biggest Countries in the world, you need more than what Obama has to offer!

McCain has the experience and judgment skills and strategy knowledge to at least have a conversation with General Petraeus....Obama needs to go over that game "Stratego" first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections