Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 01:38 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
LMAO...Obama: no leadership skills??? WHAT?

And Palin is willing to go after her party to do what's right? Please.

Obama is head and shoulders above Palin.

Try this:

Palin: barely graduated with a journalism degree from the Univ of Idaho
Obama: Harvard law graduate
Try this

Sarah Palin: Mayor, Governor with 80% approval rating

Obama : Community Leader???

Spare me

Obama is an empty suit.

And why are you comparing your Presidential Candidate to the other side's VICE Presidential candidate???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 01:50 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,780,592 times
This thread obviously spilled back into the mindless back and forth jabs (which was not my intention). I am glad that it lasted a few pages before doing so though ...

And by the way, nothing in my OP had anything to do with Obama. It was moreso a simple question: after last night's debates, can you say with a straight face that you feel comfortable having Palin as a world leader? I don't see how anyone could, and whether you love or hate Obama has absolutely nothing to do with the answer to that question.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:54 PM

172 posts, read 608,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Try this

Spare me

Obama is an empty suit.

And why are you comparing your Presidential Candidate to the other side's VICE Presidential candidate???

I agree completely. Why are the Democrats comparing their Presidential candidate to the GOP's VP Candidate? Good question, it is probably because the Democrats realize they made a flat out terrible choice in Barack Obama. Had they chosen Hillary Clinton this race would be over already, no question about it. Joe Biden is even more qualified (by miles) to be President than his running mate. I think that the Democratic ticket should have been Clinton/Vilsack. But, hey, they chose an inexperienced Senator to be their Presidential candidate. I still think Obama will win, but the election will be closer then it should be. If the Democrats do not win this election in this political climate they should go away into a corner and dream it all up again (and by that I disband and come up with another party).

Old 10-03-2008, 01:59 PM

10,068 posts, read 14,444,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Try this

Spare me

Obama is an empty suit.

Obama is an empty suit? Where'd you get this notion? He's extremely intelligent. I think McCain is intelligent too, as-is Biden.
Palin is a clever lady, but she is very green and embarrassingly so. Did you watch the Katie Couric interview??? Palin couldn't even tell Couric what newspapers she reads. She couldn't even pull the NY Times out of her rear?

As to why I'm comparing Obama to Palin, what's the problem there? They are both running for exective offices. It doesn't automatically make Obama's candidacy "in trouble" because he's been compared to a VP candidate...that's silly.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
I agree with most of what you said. Not about Hussein though, he was an operative for the US for many years. He was a distraction from the real issue which was the Taliban.
I agree with the right to bare arms, however, I DO think high powered weapons MUST not be leagal and should be off the streets.
Everyone in the media is biased. Sucks, but it seems that way. Some more than others.
Well then we seem to agree on more than we diasagree on so that's a good thing isn't it? BTW I keep my high powered rifles in the closet....locked.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:01 PM

10,068 posts, read 14,444,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken.k-la View Post
I agree completely. Why are the Democrats comparing their Presidential candidate to the GOP's VP Candidate? Good question, it is probably because the Democrats realize they made a flat out terrible choice in Barack Obama. Had they chosen Hillary Clinton this race would be over already, no question about it. Joe Biden is even more qualified (by miles) to be President than his running mate. I think that the Democratic ticket should have been Clinton/Vilsack. But, hey, they chose an inexperienced Senator to be their Presidential candidate. I still think Obama will win, but the election will be closer then it should be. If the Democrats do not win this election in this political climate they should go away into a corner and dream it all up again (and by that I disband and come up with another party).
Well, when Obama wins, we'll know he's a solid choice. McCain's camp is in dire straits now, so the need to regroup and gain ground is imminent.
I think Obama will win come election day.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Well, when Obama wins, we'll know he's a solid choice. McCain's camp is in dire straits now, so the need to regroup and gain ground is imminent.
I do not agree that Obama is a solid choice but I do agree with you he will probably win. The sun will rise on January 21, 2009 too! Let's see what he can do...He can't do much worse than Bush!

Old 10-03-2008, 02:07 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,736 times
Quote:
Well then we are screwed....bottom line.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:10 PM

172 posts, read 608,987 times
Quote:
Of course he will win on election day, but it still does not mean it is a solid choice at all. It means people voted between two candidates, two extremes, and thus have no real choices. I cannot believe how many Americans are blind to the fact that your nation needs more than two major political parties to remain a "functioning, healthy democracy." It is getting disturbing how many people will completely ignore "the other side" just because they disagree with them. You should respect/understand the other persons opinions, while still disagreeing with them. By the way, to answer the original post, at this point Gov. Palin is not ready to be "World Leader." I think that she will in time learn more about foreign politics, and then become a better candidate for President. Mind you, she is only running for VP, and I do not know the Constitution off by heart (so I will sound ignorant now), but I am fairly certain it does not take much to be VP (ie. Dan Quayle, Sarah Palin is definitely more intelligent this that fellow).

Old 10-03-2008, 02:15 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
She should not be Vice President. Period. Case closed.

She could be PTA president, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections