Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 10:38 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,529,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Cool..! Our first lady hates America,,, Just what we need....
Maybe someday when she and her terrorist hub rule America, she can finally be proud of it...
The OP asked ilk like you to stay off this board, for useless posts like these.
Michelle Obama is a class act and a sweetheart.
You won't see her just acting like a bimbo and just taking it if her husband offered her up for a topless contest in public.

Political Radar: McCain Gaffes, Volunteering Wife For Topless Contest
McCain at a STURGIS rally made me proud that we have poeple like ... He offers the crowd a glimpse of his wife's breasts ... I'd MUCH rather have Cindy McCain as first lady; at least ...

blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/08/mccain-voluntee.html · Cached page
Firedoglake » McCain Volunteers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 01:35 AM

2,441 posts, read 7,010,497 times
I love Michelle. She's intelligent, personable, and genuine. You can tell she wants the very best for her families and other families, as well.

Cindy McCain looks submissive, unstable, and opinionless. She would be a terrible first lady.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:56 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,838,527 times
I think Michelle Obama has a great deal of substance and intelligence. She's strong, educated, well spoken and I don't think she's any kind of shrinking violet. She's not a girly-girl by any means and I can see where that might make her seem less attractive as a first lady.

Although I have immense respect for Hillary Clinton, she definitely did not fit the mold of the average first lady, while our current first lady does. I also have a great deal of respect for Laura Bush- what a fantastic mother and a wonderful first lady. But I also can't help but root for a woman who is married to the most powerful man in the world but doesn't get lost in the shadows. I believe Mrs. Obama will not be lost in her husband's presidency.

Michelle Obama will be featured on Larry King this Wednesday night. You might consider watching so you can learn a little more about her.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:05 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
I love and admire Michelle. Thanks for the reminder about Larry King, pirategirl.

Why hasnt she been on the cover of Time or Newsweek? I think she should be doing a lot more TV and women's magazine cover stories. Maybe a column in some women's magazine - Good Housekeeping, why not. All those doctor's waiting room magazines. Prevention, Vogue, Reader's Digest.

Seriously, it's annoying that she hasnt done this.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:21 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
I really admire Michelle Obama, she's intelligent, classy and comes off as genuine.
She's got vitality and energy; it would be nice to bring some happenin' vibes into the White House.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:27 AM

874 posts, read 1,855,958 times
I want a president who chose the person they would spend the rest of their life with based on more than hormones. I want to think that they are living with someone and having children with someone whom they respect and can have an intelligent conversation with. I see that in the Obama's interactions. I don't catch glimpses of that kind of relationship in the Mccain or Palin marriages. I haven't seen Biden with his wife yet. Admittedly this opinion is based on a few glimpses of each couple so I am judging based on nothing really. That's just my gut feeling.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:17 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,254,417 times
Great posts folks ... maybe she'll warm up to me

Old 10-06-2008, 09:58 AM

Biden's wife is appealing to me as well. She's a community college professor but not overly intellectual. I can identify with her much more than Sarah Palin. I admire her for stepping into the role of Mom for Biden's two boys who lost their own mother.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:03 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,856,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Wasn't there all this media about her being anti-American? I tried to google some info about it but there wasn't a whole lot. I didn't get to keep up with current events when it happened so maybe I'm remembering it differently. Any thoughts?
Look up: "michelle obama" and "not proud of her country". A statement she made that ruffled a lot of hyper-patriot feathers.

I think Michelle Obama is alright. "Doesn't give me the creeps" like some other Washingtonians. But I can't even remember the last time I saw Laura Bush other than at the State of the Union address (waving). Other than being a dignitary, the First Lady's role is pretty much pomp and circumstance, IMO.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:07 AM

So, Foma did you watch Mrs. Obama on Larry King last night?

She was charming and very clearly rose above the fray that the McCain campaign is trying to create.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections