Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 10:30 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,634,713 times

Advertisements

No matter who wins, we will all have to suck it up for at least the next 4 years as we work to rebuild our economy. That's just reality.

I may not like having a President McCain or (God forbid!) President Palin, but I'm an American before I'm a Democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 10:31 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,634,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
..Paranoia is a very serious disease. ..
your are very poor girl .. without a brain ..
What the he*@ are you trying to say?

Old 10-11-2008, 11:02 AM

573 posts, read 801,808 times
Redesigning America - a 6 step rehab program - Pacifica, Redneckistan, New American Republic

"Whenever something is wrong, something is too big." --- Leopold Kohr

The USA has gotten too big - the solution - divide it into more cohesive nations

-- image: Creative Commons --

Old 10-11-2008, 11:04 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,318,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis702 View Post

"Whenever something is wrong, something is too big." --- Leopold Kohr

The USA has gotten too big - the solution - divide it into more cohesive nations
Honestly, I have thought about this for years.

Redneckistan reporting in.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:09 AM

35 posts, read 49,046 times
Thumbs up The Divided States of America

Your post is spot on!!! Well-reasoned arguments have become a thing of the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian View Post
Hi all,
I have been pretty engrossed in all of the campaigns from early on in the primaries. I watched how ugly the Hilary - Obama campaigns got, but I must admit, it is nothing like what we have now between McCain and Obama!

Watching the McCain/Palin crowds who are not only misinformed but are down right hateful. Some of the things they are chanting could certainly cause a lot of harm. I mean it, almost looks like they want to start riots!

Then here on City Data we are seeing a lot of the same thing. People here are no longer trying to argue their point of views...now it is all about the gatchya game. We all know you are not going to change someones vote here so now it is all about racists, sexist, etc. remarks that are just intended to **** people off. The venom posted here is down right disgusting!

Lets face it...the McCain supporters are behind him no matter what happens. Same thing for the Obama fans. And on that note, the Barr fans and the Paul fans are no different! (They just hate everybody! )

So what we have now is a truly divided country. No matter who gets into office, they are going to have a challenge that is nearly impossible to beat. Having a divided country who doesn't support the president is certainly not going to help him. My question is if your candidate does NOT win, are you going to be able to support the new president after a bit of time? Maybe after he proves himself a bit and/or after the initial pain wears off?

I will start off:
As an Obama supporter, I would support McCain/Palin as I know just how hard the next 4 years are going to be. He will have to make some of the hardest decisions of his life and I would hope that he keeps us working folks in mind as much as the CEO's. (I think he will...) I know he will not keep most of his campaign promises (This applies to both canidates!) due to the economy so I will not hold that against him.

What say you?

Old 10-11-2008, 11:25 AM

690 posts, read 1,015,707 times
Hi Shoppingcartlaw (Cool name BTW)
Yes I have seen these now being played in the news and I HAVE to say, "many props to John McCain!" I give him lots of credit for attempting to tame his crowd! I hope Sarah does the same soon.

Thanks,

Old 10-11-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
So if your opponent has done bad things you're supposed to just ignore it and act like it didn't happen?
Well at that point, and the person is now elected and I think you should show at least "some" respect. After all, this person is now POTUS. There have been a lot of presidents I am sure you were not happy with. When the general public doesn't respect the president, he has a hard time getting anything done. As an example, look at Bush now. Because his ratings are at 25%, when he speaks, nobody takes him seriously.

Thats basically all I am saying...

Old 10-11-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
No matter who wins, we will all have to suck it up for at least the next 4 years as we work to rebuild our economy. That's just reality.

I may not like having a President McCain or (God forbid!) President Palin, but I'm an American before I'm a Democrat.

LOL! I think you just said in a few sentences what I was trying to say in my long post! I agree 100%

Old 10-11-2008, 03:49 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian View Post
Hi all,
I have been pretty engrossed in all of the campaigns from early on in the primaries. I watched how ugly the Hilary - Obama campaigns got, but I must admit, it is nothing like what we have now between McCain and Obama!

Watching the McCain/Palin crowds who are not only misinformed but are down right hateful. Some of the things they are chanting could certainly cause a lot of harm. I mean it, almost looks like they want to start riots!

Then here on City Data we are seeing a lot of the same thing. People here are no longer trying to argue their point of views...now it is all about the gatchya game. We all know you are not going to change someones vote here so now it is all about racists, sexist, etc. remarks that are just intended to **** people off. The venom posted here is down right disgusting!

Lets face it...the McCain supporters are behind him no matter what happens. Same thing for the Obama fans. And on that note, the Barr fans and the Paul fans are no different! (They just hate everybody! )

So what we have now is a truly divided country. No matter who gets into office, they are going to have a challenge that is nearly impossible to beat. Having a divided country who doesn't support the president is certainly not going to help him. My question is if your candidate does NOT win, are you going to be able to support the new president after a bit of time? Maybe after he proves himself a bit and/or after the initial pain wears off?

I will start off:
As an Obama supporter, I would support McCain/Palin as I know just how hard the next 4 years are going to be. He will have to make some of the hardest decisions of his life and I would hope that he keeps us working folks in mind as much as the CEO's. (I think he will...) I know he will not keep most of his campaign promises (This applies to both canidates!) due to the economy so I will not hold that against him.

What say you?
What say I is this- I have never wanted to be united with the Republicans. I don't frankly give a rat's ass how "divided" the country is. This is about the future of the country and your and my kids and I do not wish to have the place become a neo facist crap hole like China or a neo capitalist society like Hati where 5% of the people have 95% of the wealth and the other 95% of the people live in shanty towns. No thank you. And if that hurts the feelings of the Republicans, I don't care. Maybe they can take their nutty ideas and religious dogma and move somewhere else if they can find anyplace that wants them. Or maybe they can all follow that goofy reverend that wants to establish a "conservative Christian paradise" in South Carolina. Maybe they can go there and establish their own nutty nation. I would gladly let them have South Carolina for that purpose. Oklahoma too for that matter.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:50 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post

Rebuild our economy destoryed by the Republicans!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections