Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2010, 01:23 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
So then why does my staunchly Republican friend (runs a women's Republican club in her town), happily married, well off, beautiful children, despise her then?

Is she jealous too?
So does she really dispise Sarah or does she not like what Sarah is preaching? I am one who is getting a little tired of her, doesn't mean I dispise her. Actually I give her credit for standing up for what she believes in, even if I don't beleive in everything she preaches.

NIta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 03:24 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
So does she really dispise Sarah or does she not like what Sarah is preaching? I am one who is getting a little tired of her, doesn't mean I dispise her. Actually I give her credit for standing up for what she believes in, even if I don't beleive in everything she preaches.

NIta
She absolutely despises her, blames her for the loss of the election, and thinks she makes Republican women look bad.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:00 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
She absolutely despises her, blames her for the loss of the election, and thinks she makes Republican women look bad.
I think a lot of it is also due to her anti-intellectualism type of attitude. I live on Long Island, its generally Democratic leaning though we do have quite a few Republicans here. The area I grew up in was fairly Republican, the area I am in now is marginal to slightly GOP leaning. I have a Republican Congressman (who is garbage) and McCain did win my Congressional district, However, whether your male or female, Democrat or Republican education is viewed as very important.

The whole if your well educated your some horrible intellectual elitist attitude that Palin has just doesn't fly here, no matter of party or gender.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:21 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
palin @ prom queen = jealousy....from liberated women ??? Liberated women don't GO to proms...we hang out under the moon in convertible cars tying up good looking men, and running our tongues up...and down their...spines.....

Old 06-02-2010, 06:00 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,917,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
palin @ prom queen = jealousy....from liberated women ??? Liberated women don't GO to proms...we hang out under the moon in convertible cars tying up good looking men, and running our tongues up...and down their...spines.....
If this was true I'd pay liberal women a lot more attention that's for sure! Around here ALL the girls (except maybe the socially awkward ones) go to prom.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:01 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Do you realize how sad and narrow minded it sounds to say "I hate anybody"
Yeah I suppose you're right. I probably could never stop hating some people, though. I try to only hate people for important things, if that makes any difference. *shrug*

Old 06-02-2010, 06:44 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,054,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJackman View Post
I think Palin is hated by liberal woman because she represents all that they failed at. It is pure jealousy. She represents the prom queen that they all hated at school. They love Obama because he is so different from us and is thus no threat to them.
That's a really interesting take on things, but it's completely inaccurate. On the surface, my domestic life looks a lot like Sarah Palin's life, and I don't hate her. I'm frequently appalled by her political positions, because they are, for the most part, completely opposite of what I consider good and just for this nation; however, I can find no fault with her career ambition nor with her role as a wife and mother.

Last edited by formercalifornian; 06-02-2010 at 07:46 PM..

Old 06-02-2010, 08:14 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
That's a really interesting take on things, but it's completely inaccurate. On the surface, my domestic life looks a lot like Sarah Palin's life, and I don't hate her. I'm frequently appalled by her political positions, because they are, for the most part, completely opposite of what I consider good and just for this nation; however, I can find no fault with her career ambition nor with her role as a wife and mother.
Ditto. I have also supported her parenting decisions, even when I might not have made the same decision. Like all moms, she's d***** if she does, and d***** if she doesn't.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:52 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Hate is a powerful word. Maybe dislike would be better?

Old 06-03-2010, 10:43 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Hey. It took this clown 7 colleges before she found one to give her a diploma and the one that did had a scandal of female students being closer than acceptable to male profs for grades.

She has that cutsy-flirty speech delivery system but has no brain, reinforcing the suspicions that some have of how she got her credentials.

She is so dedicated to 'truth, justice and the American way' that she dropped out of a job that she COULD be an effective force for change and opted for the speech circuit and book deal because they put change in her pockets.

She's cashing in on her name while she can.

Her entire life seems to be motivated by selfishness. I even question whether her kid would have had her kid, had Sarah not been running for office at the time.

I mean - "What do you read, Sarah?"
Ummm - "everything?"

Really! Every one of us who read publications on a regular basis can spew out a slew of periodicals without thinking because they are such a regular part of our lives.

And then the little twerp actually called that a TRICK question????

To call her a bird brain is an insult to our feathered friends.

The question should properly be rephrased to -
Why would any thinking woman not have disdain for Sarah?

We do not educate ourselves and work and slave long hours for years on end only to have this pretender represent herself as some sort of figurehead for successful women.

She is a laughing stock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections