Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 05:59 PM

956 posts, read 1,235,069 times

Advertisements

This doesn’t sound like the hope and/or change we were promised to me … this sounds like even more of a reason to keep some checks and balances in government and not allowing liberals complete control.

Biden is setting Obama supporters up early for all the dead promises that once they're elected. He's going on record now because he knows their current foreign policy cannot stand given the state of the world today.

Maybe we should elect someone who won’t tempt the world to test us because of our flawed and inexperienced president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 06:00 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,368,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I don't understand how his name in a post 9/11 world makes a difference. I mean, yes -- he will no doubt be tested by either Russia or another terrorist attack within his first year in office. And his inexperience is really going to show at that point. But how the hell does his name figure into it? Why muddy the waters with inflammatory crap when there is a sound argument to be made about obamas inexperience in a leadership role?
His name figures in because it is an Arab Name. How could anyone vote for someone with an arab name after 9/11? I think him to be more than black, imo he is arab.
Biden I feel knows this now, so made that statement.

Diane G

Old 10-20-2008, 06:05 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
His name figures in because it is an Arab Name. How could anyone vote for someone with an arab name after 9/11? I think him to be more than black, imo he is arab.

Diane G
Well your opinion is incorrect in this case. Fact is fact. The man is the son of an African and a US citizen. My dog's name was Jake, but the last I looked, he was not Jewish. It is time to grow up and start living in the real world where people name their kids all kinds of name and that is just great.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:05 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Yet you have no problem with someone with that kind of name fighting and dying for your country, you need to learn the meaning of "extremist".

http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...an-fallen.html

Old 10-20-2008, 06:08 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,529,163 times
The OP probably listens to from sunrise to sundown, Limbaugh, Ingrahm, Hannity and Savage and morons that can't let go of the "muslim" crap.
Timothy McVeigh had a so called proper white name, look what he did?
Please base your irrational fears about an Obama presidency about something that looks even a tiny, tiny bit rational.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:09 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
He was named "Barrack Hussein Obam" by his parents. How could he have any control over that? I'm not a Barrack supporter but how about we focus on the issues rather than his name?

BTW, it does seem apparent that he will be our next President. If and when that happens, he has a HUGE task ahead of him and I hope that we as Americans can support him where it counts. Hold him to his word, and watch what he does, but get behind the man where it counts.

McCain has fumbled time and time again; not that I supported him in the first place.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:13 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,495,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Everytime I come on this board, I am reminded of how many rednecks still exist in this country. God.
Is Redneck synonymous with colored negro folk?

Old 10-20-2008, 06:14 PM

513 posts, read 2,112,217 times
Quote:

Diane G
We are all fascinated by your "opinion" that Obama is "more than black" and an Arab. You are clearly an intellectual whose opinions are based in fact and are worthy of serious consideration. GMAB.

1,958 posts, read 2,495,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Anyone who is proud of their lack of sophistication.
Oh, you mean like rap "singers" and their ilk?

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
marblmom;5777382]What are you talking about? "Americans hate towards catholic churches", and "hate towards irish and german people"?
im speaking of the past(american history), during the war german families were being discriminated against in america, forced/ removed from politics.. german families had to change their names from german to something american(though there is no such thing but english type names)
PBS has a documentary on Germans in America, mainly in wisconsin...

Quote:
I have no idea what you are talking about. WHat does any of that have to do with the presidential race anyway? I'm Irish, German, Catholic AND an Obama supporter, so what does that make me I wonder?
i stated that simply because he has an arabic name and the people who were hired by (humour->gw bush) had arabic names and were muslims from saudi arabia.

Quote:
And for the OP, how does Obama's name have anything to do with 9/11? I think it says a lot for this country that we are finally considering electing a president with African heritage.
i agree, but take a look at america and its history of fear patterns.
when africans took control of haiti, europeans in the colonies were terrified spite africans not outnumbering them.
if there were polish terrorist and what not people with polish last names would be looked at funny.

Quote:
If only the small minds weren't determined to see him fail just because he doesn't fit the typical good old boy image that so many still seem to think our president must fulfill.
most of the time the good old boys turn out to be not so good after all. but people still support those types...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections