Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you care if Obama is constitutionally eligible to be President?
Yes - And if he is not eligible he should remove himself 133 75.57%
Yes - I care but think he should still be able to be President 6 3.41%
No - I don't care, and would still vote for him if not eligible 33 18.75%
No - I don't care - and will not be voting for him 4 2.27%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 04:48 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,307,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
He was born in the US. He has the right to be president. Next.
He cannot prove he was!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 04:51 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,307,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
This has only been debunked months ago... Not even worth the read...
It has not been debunked. The media is picking up on it now. Sooner or later the truth will come out. It just needs to come out sooner - before Americans vote.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:16 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,641,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
I did not say that. What a stupid comment...
So, let me try a simple question for you, Kooter...

What authority would you believe on this? Whose word or verification would you accept?

I ask this the certificate provided to a variety of organization matches the information that was in the Hawaiian newspapers a few days after his birth.

Politifact was one of the organizations that received a birth certificate and verified it with the Hawaiian Department of Health. "It's a valid Hawaii state birth certificate," said spokesman Janice Okubo.

Let's go a bit further. You've claimed that Obama's grandmother admitted that he was born in Kenya. I presume that you are referring to the claim by Attty. Berg that he has a statement from the woman that says this.

Unfortunately, he had yet to have it translated or presented to a non-partisan official. He told the court about it in a document (according to a news story I read), but did not give them the tape he claims to have.

Further, his birth certificate was sufficient for the Dept. of State to issue him a passport.
So, we have the Hawaiian Dept. of Health, the U.S. Dept. of State, a Newspaper at the time... all verifying that he was born in Hawaii, plus at least 3 U.S. fact checking groups that concur.

On the other side, we have Atty. Berg, some internet photoshop experts, an Italian Wikipedia article, and a claim that his father's mother was there in the birthing room in Kenya, where there were no birthing rooms at the time of Obamas birth - and with no actual recordings of it that anybody else can have translated.

Again, what evidence would you accept? What source would you consider valid, given that you, yourself, are NEVER going to have the ability to personally verify this?

Who would you trust?

Old 10-25-2008, 05:39 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
no it hasnt been explained. people buy the LIE mccain was born on base in a us controlled territory when he wasnt. McCain still lies about it !! why dont you read the info?

It has everything to do with this topic. This is another smear on Obama, when McCain is the one with the problem. AND lets just say McCain is okay to run even though he was not born in the usa, or on a base OR in us controlled area.. nada--all lies... if he can run, If obama was born in kenya to a us mother, he would be able to as well. It's connected to the topic on that basis.

Well, that says it for me. Neither one of the presidential hopefuls are eligible. Time to start the primaries all over again Maybe Hillary will win this time. Wonder where she was born. . . . . .

Old 10-25-2008, 05:45 PM

858 posts, read 1,501,612 times
What proof?? Are you talking about the birth certificate on factcheck that cannot be trusted?? Or are you talking about the this??

from another site...

http://obamabarack.blogspot.com/2008...es-barack.html

Yup - that's right - endorsed Obama earlier in the year.

That means they have no real credibility in supporting Obama or trashing McCain.

Again, if Berg actually has a tape of Obama's grandmother saying she was in the room when Obama was born in Kenya...

Because here's the kicker if he was born in kenya then flown to the US a day or two later - it isn't impossible the newborn was brought to the hospital and they lied about his birth to obtain US citizenship so that he could stay in the US with his mother - who didn't qualify to make her son a natural born US citizen. In such as case he'd get a Hawaiian birth certificate and things would look legit, even to a background check.

All I have been saying - there's enough story out there combined with Obama's actions to appear suspicious enough to warrant further investigation.

another interesting view..

IF he was born outside of the US - HE WOULD NOT BE A NATURAL BORN CITIZEN as his mother didn't not meet the legal requirements. As of yet - no undeniably VALID document has been produced by Obama that I have seen online proving his place of birth beyond a reasonable doubt - especially considering this:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=78931
"This has been a real sham he's pulled off for the last 20 months," Berg told Savage. "I'll release it [the tape] in a day or two, affidavits from her talking to a certain person. I heard the tape. She was speaking [to someone] here in the United States."

If the tape is as Berg says - Obama and the DNC is likely ****ed. Why? Well, figure that he's been unwilling to comply with a very simple request and that tape, that all but confirms Berg's contention that Obama is lying out of his ass.

On the otherhand, IMHO, the Indonesian bit is likely bull****. I'm not a lawyer, but it's been discussed here a few times and I tend to agree. There's no merit behind that claim.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:54 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,764 times
Quote:
It has not been debunked. The media is picking up on it now. Sooner or later the truth will come out. It just needs to come out sooner - before Americans vote.

So your saying that McCain and the ENTIRE Republican party with millions of dollars hasnt found anything on this yet? I mean trailing in the polls but maybe they are waiting til November 5th to reveal it.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:56 PM

858 posts, read 1,501,612 times
Again...

McCain would be a dumbass to step in the middle of that one and get the partisanship BS spun up. Right now a democrat is going after another democrat, I would let them hack that one out on their own too. Never mind the fact that even if he does know for a fact Obama isn't a citizen - he obtained said information illegally and can't use it without crucifying himself. Again, privacy laws of Hawaii.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
please stop its not an issue its already been demonstrated his mom is american.
he is by law a us citizen since birth regardless of where he was born.
stop the smear please.
obama 08

Old 10-25-2008, 06:02 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
I don't know whether he is a natural born citizen or not, but if he were not and is not qualified to be president and no one stops his being sworn in, that would set a president and possibly change American law. Whatever happens the American people have a right to know. I should think this would be a basic right.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:03 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Quote:
Much has been said about whether Barrack Obama is constitutionally eligible to be President.

To be entirely honest, I've only seen it mentioned on internet political forums by rabid right wingers frothing at the mouth with Obamaphobia.

Quote:
Poll Question: Do you care if Obama is constitutionally eligible to be President?
My question:

Why don't you not trust the FBI to conduct a thorough background investigation? Do you hate long-standing American law enforcement agencies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections