Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you care if Obama is constitutionally eligible to be President?
Yes - And if he is not eligible he should remove himself 133 75.57%
Yes - I care but think he should still be able to be President 6 3.41%
No - I don't care, and would still vote for him if not eligible 33 18.75%
No - I don't care - and will not be voting for him 4 2.27%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 09:01 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,063,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post

Let's just hope if Obama wins the election that we don't learn afterwards that he was not eligible. Then what happens?
One of a number of things.

John McCain sues (he does have standing) to have the election overturned.

The Congress proceeds to initiate articles of impeachment.

That about sums it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 09:02 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,307,742 times
Obama's years at Columbia are a mystery: Obama's Years at Columbia Are a Mystery - September 2, 2008 - The New York Sun

Why is Obama hiding his school and medical records?
» Obama Medical Records, College, University, Other Records Still Secret - Blogger News Network

The American people (SHOULD) want to know about this man that might be the next president of the United States!

Old 10-25-2008, 09:08 PM

For those of you who think Philip Berg, who is filing motions against Obama, is just some attorney that wants to make a name for himself - Philip J. Berg was the former Democrat Deputy Attorney General for the state of Pennsylvania.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:10 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,797,602 times
Quote:
For those of you who think Philip Berg, who is filing motions against Obama, is just some attorney that wants to make a name for himself - Philip J. Berg was the former Democrat Deputy Attorney General for the state of Pennsylvania.
That is so amazing. I am shocked. I better change my vote now. I mean all of us Obama supporters better change our votes now. We can't let a black man in the white house. It would just be so wrong.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:16 PM

Everyone should listen to this interview with former deputy attorney general Philip Berg explaining his suit against Obama and the evidence he has.

Part 1 of 2:
YouTube - Philip J. Berg/Michael Savage Interview (Part 1 of 2)

Part 2 of 2:
YouTube - Philip J. Berg/Michael Savage Interview (Part 2 of 2)

Old 10-25-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
That is so amazing. I am shocked. I better change my vote now. I mean all of us Obama supporters better change our votes now. We can't let a black man in the white house. It would just be so wrong.
Has nothing to do with race! You are the one with a race problem, and just want to 'get something started' about race that just isn't there in any way, shape, size, form or color...

Old 10-25-2008, 09:19 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,797,602 times
Quote:
Has nothing to do with race! You are the one with a race problem, and just want to 'get something started' about race that just isn't there in any way, shape, size, form or color...
Wrong. Did you forget your earlier post already?

Old 10-25-2008, 09:19 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,063,115 times
Quote:
Everyone should listen to this interview with former deputy attorney general Philip Berg explaining his suit against Obama and the evidence he has.
I don't know what it says about my adopted state that a former deputy attorney general (which in reality is no great claim to fame despite the hi falutin title) can't get past the most basic part of his law suit, that being that he didn't have standing to initiate the suit in the first place and that his arguments were found to be ridiculous and completely without merit by the presiding judge.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:20 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Yet you think Obama didn't have to be checked and double checked, why is that?
Because there are different standards in the military and for elected officials. I would have thought senators were checked out too, but was told on another thread that they were not. Elected officials have privileges others do not have. They have clout!

Old 10-25-2008, 09:34 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
I just got this in an e-mail and am sharing only part of it. The last part really got insulting. I am not passing that on. Does anyone care to comment on any of these. The comical person asking the question was Columbo. LOL

Could you help me please find these things, sir?

1. Occidental College records
2. Columbia College records
3. Columbia Thesis paper
4. Harvard College records
5. Selective Service Registration
6. Medical records
7. Illinois State Senate schedule
8. Law practice client list
9. Certified Copy of original Birth certificate
10. Embossed, signed paper Certification of Live Birth
11. Harvard Law Review articles published
12. University of Chicago scholarly articles
13. Your Record of baptism
14. Your Illinois State Senate records

I don't really care to see most of these things, but I found the list interesting. I would just like to be sure of his qualifications by the constitutional rules. That newspaper announcement was the most positive information about this I have seen. Thank you to the one who posted that. I don't really want to find out he is not qualified by natural born, but I do think he should be respectful to the voters enough to stop the questions by factual information. I would be very uncomfortable to have a president that I was not sure about his citizenship.

When one is running for the highest office in the land, there are some things that should be on the resume. Personally I don't care to see a candidates tax return or their medical records, but proof of citizenship should be included as a minimal requirement when one is running for president or vice president.

Last edited by NCN; 10-25-2008 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: I really did not look to see if these things were released or not and did not want to post false information if they have bee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections