Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you care if Obama is constitutionally eligible to be President?
Yes - And if he is not eligible he should remove himself 133 75.57%
Yes - I care but think he should still be able to be President 6 3.41%
No - I don't care, and would still vote for him if not eligible 33 18.75%
No - I don't care - and will not be voting for him 4 2.27%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 10:14 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times

Advertisements

Kooter just doesn't get it. No matter what we say, he will continue on with his rants. Just ignore him and he will finally go away after being bored out of his mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 10:20 PM

789 posts, read 1,334,362 times
Obama has been:
  • Illinois Senator
  • Congress Nominee
  • US Senator
  • Presidential Nominee
I would have to assume that if there were actual suspicions on whether or not Obama is a natural born citizen that they would have been discovered during his public service career. It doesn't make any sense that a bunch of people on the internet would be able to figure this out before the United States government.

The poll is just plain silly.
  • Yes - And if he is not eligible he should remove himself
  • Yes - I care but think he should still be able to be President
  • No - I don't care, and would still vote for him if not eligible
  • No - I don't care - and will not be voting for him
All imply that he is either not eligible or that there are actual suspicions. Where's the option for people that care but also think there is no reason to question the validity of his campaign?

Old 10-25-2008, 10:21 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,367,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
So your saying that McCain and the ENTIRE Republican party with millions of dollars hasnt found anything on this yet? I mean trailing in the polls but maybe they are waiting til November 5th to reveal it.
Maybe its the Oct Surprise? Halloween sounds like a great day to reveal this.

Diane G

Old 10-25-2008, 10:22 PM

6 posts, read 6,785 times
Kooter, I did mean Obama. This does seem a little ridiculous to be arguing about this topic.

Looks like playpro11 stopped the argument in its tracks anyways. Move on to a real topic.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:36 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,306,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by playpro11 View Post
why don't you people do a little research instead of peddling these ridiculously dumb, ignorant lies?

Here's a copy of his birth certificate:
Daily Kos: State of the Nation

Obama was born in Honolulu. He's said so and he's released his birth certificate. Don't you people read newspapers? My god, wake up and stop wasting your time! If you don't like the man, then just come out and say so. If you don't like his policies, then say so. But this trafficking in ignorance and lies is dumb beyond belief, and anyone who dabbles in this nonsense should be ashamed of themselves. Are you really that desperate to turn an American citizen who happen to be an African-American into the "other"? Look into your own souls, people. And wash them well.
The certificate from Hawaii is a CERTIFICATE OF LIVE BIRTH, not a birth certificate. Anyone has been able get a certificate of live birth from the state of Hawaii and it will say the live birth was in whatever city you claim. The certificate of live birth is not a birth certificate that provides all the information always shown on a long form birth certificate, e.g. weight, length, etc.

Here is a copy of the so-called Certificate of LIVE BIRTH issued by the state of Hawaii. Obama was actually delivered (born) in Kenya and the delivery was witnessed by his paternal grandmother. Notice that Barack is a II on the certificate of live birth.
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...ertificate.jpg

Old 10-25-2008, 10:43 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,306,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbFP View Post
Kooter, I did mean Obama. This does seem a little ridiculous to be arguing about this topic.

Looks like playpro11 stopped the argument in its tracks anyways. Move on to a real topic.
It is a VERY important topic. If Obama is found to be ineligible after he is elected then we will have a major problem on our hands. If he is ineligible (and thus Obama knew it) then Obama has fraudulently received over $600 million from Americans. This really is a big problem and needs to be set straight now.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:55 PM

789 posts, read 1,334,362 times
I understand the the qualifications for Presidency are different than those of the Senate and Congress. My point was that I would have to assume that Obama's status would be known by whomever does the background checking of individuals running for office. I highly doubt that the DNC would go through all of the trouble only to be rejected at the last moment.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:02 PM

438 posts, read 503,327 times
This poll is skewed because the following option should have been included:

*Yes I care and Obama is constitutionally eligible.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:08 PM

438 posts, read 503,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
Undeniable you say? Obama refuses to present his certified birth certificate. And both Obama and the DNC have admitted he was born in Kenya. Further, Obama's grandmother says she was at Obama's birth in Kenya. If he is eligible - why doesn't he prove it with his certified birth certificate showing he was born in the U.S. and meets the requirements to be President of the U.S.? The answer is - because he is NOT eligible. Why not get this mess straightened out before the election...instead of afterwards?
Neither the DNC nor Obama has ever said Obama was born in Kenya. That is as ball faced a lie as one can spew. Where is the proof his granny said it? I want a respectable news source not that crazy Berg guy who claims to have a tape of his granny but won't release it. How is Berg going to prove it is Obama's granny? Also his Kenyan family never raised or knew Obama. Only Obama's maternal side knew/raised him.

Your poll is pathetic because of its one sidedness. All options you provide assumes or implies Obama is not constitutionally eligible, way to rig a poll, make it more obvious.

Obama has proven he was born here, his Hawaiin certificate of live birth is the proof. It matters not whether you accept it or not, the point is the law & society accepts it as a birth certificate.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:45 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,640,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
Yes, we hopefully will know in the near future. The case is being appealed to the Supreme Court next week.

Let's just hope if Obama wins the election that we don't learn afterwards that he was not eligible. Then what happens?
I'm surprised that Berg's going directly to the Supreme Court, though I suppose he's worried about fleeting time. But, having just read the decision, I think he is unlikely to be happy with even this Supreme Court's decision:
http://www.obamacrimes.com/attachments/045_Obama,%20Judge%20Surrick%20Ruling%2010%2024%20 2008.pdf (broken link)

The judge cites LaPlante's recent ruling on McCain, but also a 2000 case brought by a voter to stop Bush and Cheney under the 12th Amendment because they were from the same state. No ruling was made on the merits, as the voter did not have standing. (Referred to as Jones)

Quote:
"the court must give the plaintiff notice and an opportunity to be heard on the legal viability of his complaint." ("However, although disfavored, a... dismissal may stand even if the plaintiff is not provided notice and an opportunity to respond where it is clear that the plaintiff cannot prevail and that any amendment would be futile.")

First, a party must have experienced an injury in fact: "an invasion of a legally protected interest which is (a) concrete and particularized and (b) actual or imminent, not conjectural or hypothetical." Second, there must be a causal connection between the injury in fact and the defendant's conduct that is "fairly traceable to the challenged action of the defendant and not... the result [of] the independent action of some third party not before the court." Third, a favorable decision must be likely to redress the complained of injury. Where a plaintiff cannot establish EACH of the three elements, the plaintiff does not have standing and the court therefore does not have jurisdiction over the case and cannot rule on the merits.

The Supreme Court has consistently held that a plaintiff raising only a generally available grievance about government - claiming only harm in his and every citizen's interest in proper application of the Constitution and laws, and seeking relief that no more directly and tangibly benefits him than it does the public at large does not state an Article III case or controversy.

These decisions include the somewhat rare cases that have reached the Supreme Court where plaintiffs allege constitutional harms that affected broadly defined groups of citizens or voters.
Surrick observed that Chief Justice Warren Burger's comments in Richardson seemed appropriate, and it certainly responds to some of the questions I have seen on C-D:

"It can be argued that, if respondent is not permitted to litigate this issue, no one can do so. In a very real sense, the absence of any particular individual or class to litigate these claims gives support to the argument that the subject matter is committed to the surveillance of Congress, and ultimately to the political process."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections