Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 08:55 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,864,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
The point is that the medial influenced these people.
How are they being coerced?

What would you consider a source of media you find appropriate? I am sorry, I just do not see your point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 08:57 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Hmmm...
Whaaa?? ...
Divisiveness will be lessened by normal people. Sorry. Wasn't clear.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:59 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALDGIRL View Post
How are they being coerced?

What would you consider a source of media you find appropriate? I am sorry, I just do not see your point.
Who said they were coerced? They answered the questions based on the knowledge they had, which was basically what they'd been fed by the media. If you bothered to watch the video you would see the point.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
You need to give it up. Barack Obama won this election because he has a brain and a vision for this nation. John McCain lost the election because he showed impaired judgment in his selection of an unqualified person for V.P. and because he offered no vision. Sarah Palin is an uneducated, hate-mongering, pathological liar--who appeals only to the similarly uneducated, and/or right-wing Christian nutcase, and/or racist. Period. There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. In short, Obama's election spared our nation from going up in flames. Deal.
He won because he had people voting for him who had no idea what the issues were or who key people were.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:00 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,193,007 times
I am sure that there are people who vote with little information about who they voted for, but I have never seen so many educated people in an election before this one. I know people who voted (both sides) who spend months doing research and gathering info. I firmly believe that most voters knew more in this election than in any past election in our history.

Since I strongly feel that Obama is going to be a great leader for our country, I am not worried about the reasons people voted for him.

We don't require tests to vote. If you think they are necessary, then get out there and champion for your cause.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I sent Zogby a copy of her post, along with her "source" website.

We'll get to the bottom of this.
Good. It's not bogus.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:02 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
He won because he had people voting for him who had no idea what the issues were or who key people were.
Utter nonsense. The fact is that the people who voted for Obama were INFINITELY more educated about the issues than were the people who voted for McCain.

1,958 posts, read 2,495,611 times
Quote:

Main stream media wasn't going to let their boy get beat like the last two were, they saw to that. It was like 70/30 positive negative for obama, 30/70 for McCain.

26,411 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Quote:
It's not a fake Zogby poll, but nice try at deflection. There is going to be a documentary called Media Malpractice: How Obama Got Elected based on these findings.
"Its the Economy Stupid!" People voted for economic change. Let's see.. Real wages have been stagnant for years, many states have LOST non-farm employment since the year 2000, and average middle-class Americans want to have taxes lowered. I agree with Obama that the richest Americans SHOULD PAY the same tax rate that they paid under Clinton during the 1990s. Americans have voted that they like the idea of growing the economy from the lower tiers on up instead of relying on greedy CEOs that get golden parachutes to trickle the wealth down.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:06 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,193,007 times
I live in McCain's home state. Even our local media struggled to find positive things to say about him. He was simple (imho) the wrong candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections