Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 11:34 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findingmesomeday View Post
And I have asked this before. How does destruction of property (and possibly human life---I guess that was an "oops" on Ayers' part?), justify the protest? There are lots of ways to protest in this country (first Amendment, remember) without destroying personal or government property and taking a few lives in the process.
Ayers has stated that he was very careful to prevent anybody from being injured or killed. They conducted the bombings when the places were closed, and they sent advanced warnings.

I don't dispute there are better ways to protest. I don't agree with the bombings, and feel Ayers should have served time in jail for them.

I've stated this before concerning Ayers ... by quoting a term from Bush:

"When I was young and irresponsible ... I was young and irresponsible".

Ayers was wrong in his actions during his youth. He could have chose better, less radical ways to protest Vietnam.

Quote:
I repeat....what's the difference between what the Islamic terrorists do and what Ayers and Co did? Ideologically, you could say they are the same. And what about terrorist activities against Americans on their own soil? Is that ok then, because they didn't come into OUR country to do it?
Totally different. Ayers did not intend to kill anyone, and he never did.

Ayers was protesting his own government, along with half the country.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Oh good grief!! Keep making excuses for him. You asked me for people that the Weather Underground killed, well here they are. You asked and I showed you, I can not help you if you chose not to see.
Your arguments would not hold up in court. Why should anyone accept them here?

Old 11-24-2008, 11:41 AM

442 posts, read 790,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Oh good grief!! Keep making excuses for him. You asked me for people that the Weather Underground killed, well here they are. You asked and I showed you, I can not help you if you chose not to see.
I too find it sickening and pathetic that anyone would defend the actions of Ayers and his group.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:43 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperIncumbent View Post
I too find it sickening and pathetic that anyone would defend the actions of Ayers and his group.

How about J. Edgar Hoover and his group? Do you defend the killing and destruction they caused because of J. Edgar's insane hatred of black people?

Old 11-24-2008, 12:48 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Quote:
Frankly, I find it downright scary that people like you exist.
Likewise. However, I'm not the one calling an honored and well-respected academic a terrorist, just to create fear and doubt about our President-Elect.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:50 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,088,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Likewise. However, I'm not the one calling an honored and well-respected academic a terrorist, just to create fear and doubt about our President-Elect.

I'm not doing it to create fear about Obama. I'm calling him a terrorist because it's true.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:50 PM

695 posts, read 1,377,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
How about J. Edgar Hoover and his group? Do you defend the killing and destruction they caused because of J. Edgar's insane hatred of black people?
Equally sick and idiotic.

Looks like Ayers stands in good company.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:03 PM

917 posts, read 2,299,304 times
Just finished listening to the audio. Really intelligent and articulate guy.I used to belong to the SDS when I was at Stanford.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:15 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann in Oriental View Post
Just finished listening to the audio. Really intelligent and articulate guy.I used to belong to the SDS when I was at Stanford.
Then I'm honored that you're commenting here in my thread. Thanks!

Old 11-24-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperIncumbent View Post
I find it pathetic that anyone would form their entire opinion about Ayers solely from highly-biased info found on anti-Obama websites, conservative blogs, and the like.

In reality, what you are really attempting to do is to find fault with Obama.

And by creating the delusion that Bill Ayers was some sort of evil "terrorist", and then linking him to Obama, it satisfies your need.

Try listening to the Ayers NPR interview ... instead of getting info about Ayers second-hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.