Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 02:38 PM

972 posts, read 1,330,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
A senate resolution cannot usurp the constitution. To amend that "natural born" clause would require an amendment to the constitution.
I have a feeling if McCain had won with your favorite Sarah Palin you wouldnt be typing the same thing. Because for sure we would have had to amend the constitution for McCain if he had won. I will love rubbing it in the wing-nuts face when this is thrown out or even if Obama has to show a judge his BC. The state has verified he was born IN Hawaii, you all are looking like idiots beating this dead horse. Your blind evil hatred has made you lose all sense of reality at this point.

Quote:
State declares Obama birth certificate genuine

Oct 31, 2008
HONOLULU (AP) — State officials say there's no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.
Health Department Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino said Friday she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate.
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...R3dqgD945OLU00
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 03:26 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,638,668 times
Quote:
A senate resolution cannot usurp the constitution. To amend that "natural born" clause would require an amendment to the constitution.
It would.

To define it would not.

Old 11-28-2008, 05:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
They would define it to be tailored to Obama - I see a problem with that.

If he was born in Kenya, there is no way you can tailor "natural born" to fit that.

Old 11-28-2008, 07:13 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,120,095 times
Barack Hussein Obama is the President of the United States of America

Deal with it....

Old 11-28-2008, 07:32 PM

972 posts, read 1,330,733 times
Quote:

If he was born in Kenya, there is no way you can tailor "natural born" to fit that.
I will humor you for a sec. they already tailor made something for McCain who was born in Panama NOT on base, NOT on a military facility--which he LIED ABOUT and who IS NOT natural born and you had no problem with that-- and voted for him. Hypocritical thinking like that is what makes this totally ridiculous anyways. I will love when this case is thrown out or when he has to show it to a judge to say I TOLD YOU SO.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...ml#post6345132

Obama was born in Hi. End of Story.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:30 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,638,668 times
Quote:

Sure you can. Using the law from after McCain was born as my model, roughly something like this:

All citizens born after 1955 to a mother who was a U.S. Citizen at the time of birth, and whose mother had lived in the United States for at least 5 years after the time she turned 10 shall be considered a citizen from the time of birth.

Old 11-28-2008, 09:52 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Barack Hussein Obama is the President of the United States of America
Huh? Bush is president. Technically, Obama is not even president-elect yet. That won't happen until the electors vote - I guess we can give a break to those that are ignorant of the constitution. It is at that point that he would be deemed "qualified".

Old 11-28-2008, 09:57 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends.
Some people started posting it, not knowing what it was.
And they'll continue posting it forever just because->

[repeat ad nauseum....]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections