Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 04:27 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Sanrene, you were wrong and got called out on it. Move on to stuff that matters, no one cares about this and it speaks volumes about yourself that you do.
I beg to differ - CNN was wrong. I can't help that they didn't know there was a pic of bush without a jacket. That's their problem - shame on them.

Quote:
Sanrene got utterly pwned
I did? Where? Why do people assume sanrene is a guys name? I'm a she.

Quote:
He acts like its our responsibility to refute everything he says immediately after he posts it.
Immediately after? It took about 2 weeks for the pic to come out.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:10 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
disrepect?

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - A major Bush rule gets scrapped by Obama « - Blogs from CNN.com

Not just Bush, but Reagan as well - both showed their great reverance for THE OFFICE of the president. Obviously, obama thinks he is above the office.

Why is it that republican presidents have so much respect for the office of the presidency, while democrats show so much disrespect? I don't think we need to be reminded of what Bubba did in the oval office, do we?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Obama can take his jacket off because he cranks up the thermostat; pumping CO2 and increasing the WH carbon footprint. . . but he wants us to drive hybrids so it's a wash.

As the OP correctly posted, the POTUS takes his coat off. Why do you guys care?
Ask the OP poster ...she seems to be the ONLY one who cares....

Old 02-10-2009, 03:25 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,447 times
Quote:
Wrong. I said why do republican presidents seem to respect the office more than democrats. Kennedy was a democrat.
I agree impeach Obama immediately...

But explain how this ignant sob gets the nerve to wear a HAT, omg a HAT, in the oval office.

I am personally disgusted by such a lack of respect for the office...oh wait he is wearing a flag pin so everything is canceled out.

Personally I refuse to acknowledge any POTUS without a powdered wig and flowing robe. Suits are for the everyman.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:31 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,343 times
Quote:
I beg to differ - CNN was wrong. I can't help that they didn't know there was a pic of bush without a jacket. That's their problem - shame on them.
Way to pass the blame after you are shut down and your whole thread looks ridiculous, from the very title on.

Quote:
Immediately after? It took about 2 weeks for the pic to come out.
Yes thats why I am saying you THINK its our responsibility to shutdown your arguments immediately. It doesn't matter that it was 2 weeks for the pic to come out, its not our responsibility to shut you down pronto everytime you have something ignorant to post.

You look silly, and your posts have lost the respect of anyone visiting this thread.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:18 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Yes thats why I am saying you THINK its our responsibility to shutdown your arguments immediately. It doesn't matter that it was 2 weeks for the pic to come out, its not our responsibility to shut you down pronto everytime you have something ignorant to post.

You look silly, and your posts have lost the respect of anyone visiting this thread.
Shut me down? How have you down that? I'm still here, responding to our inane blather.

That's clearly a photoshopped pic.

It would be an impossibility for one of your ilk to shut me down.

Last edited by sanrene; 02-10-2009 at 06:30 AM..

Old 02-10-2009, 08:00 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Shut me down? How have you down that? I'm still here, responding to our inane blather.

That's clearly a photoshopped pic.

It would be an impossibility for one of your ilk to shut me down.
OMG! Give it a rest! NO ONE Cares!:rolleye s:

Old 02-10-2009, 09:06 AM

CNN didn't post anything in here.

Whatever happened to the repub mantra of accepting personal responsibility for your own actions?

Old 02-10-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
Sanrene got utterly pwned. He acts like its our responsibility to refute everything he says immediately after he posts it.
Can you tell an old fogie what "pwned" means? I thought when I first saw this word it was a typo....

Old 02-10-2009, 02:24 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,829,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Can you tell an old fogie what "pwned" means? I thought when I first saw this word it was a typo....
roughly translates to; "proven to be correct by the degree of hysterical screaming to the contrary."

Old 02-10-2009, 02:53 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
It is a typo, sort of. It means "owned" but computer nerds like me say pwned and its a long story why. Like when a guy makes a thread about Obama disrespecting the oval office by getting rid of a law that Bush made, only to find out that Bush himself broke that law because its inane and silly, that guy just got pwned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.