Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 05:49 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Are you serious??? I mean really, are you really ****ing serious???? Who the **** gives a **** what the ****ing president wears when he's conducting business. What the hell is going on here???? You're seriously going to call him out on his business attire????? Even I would not give a crap if this happened in ANY office, I don't care if your republican, independant or what not. Jesus christ sanrene, get yourself some goddamn priorities. This really shows that you can't conjour up anything other than miniscule crap that no one else cares about except for you.
Ha ha, I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed this. +1, karfar.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:56 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, I didn't think so. Using the oval office for his own personal sex shop is nothing to be ashamed of.

See, here is a perfect example of the morals and values between a leftie and a rightie. Not to mention the deference and respect my side believes the oval office deserves - no matter who is in office.

Obviously, you could care less for the actual office itself and what it represents.
For the 116th time - Bill was NOT in any way at fault. It was all Monica's doing.

They were walking past the broom closet and Monica grabbed him and threw him on the floor of the closet and tried to jump under him, but he rolled at the wrong time and she missed. She asked Linda Tripp for advice on how to get him to hold still the next time and Tripp called a friend who called a friend, and the next thing you know there was a false scandal brewing because of a baseless rumor.

It was all misreported by the conservative media who could never be trusted to get their facts straight. Poor Bill.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:01 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,192,819 times
Who cares what he is wearing??? He needs to put in countless long, difficult hours. He should be comfortable and ready to tackle the difficult task.

I am also willing to bet that all past presidents have worked in all kinds of attire.

There are far far more important things to worry about.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:03 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,146,867 times
Quote:
disrepect?

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - A major Bush rule gets scrapped by Obama « - Blogs from CNN.com

Not just Bush, but Reagan as well - both showed their great reverance for THE OFFICE of the president. Obviously, obama thinks he is above the office.

Why is it that republican presidents have so much respect for the office of the presidency, while democrats show so much disrespect? I don't think we need to be reminded of what Bubba did in the oval office, do we?
The economy is in the toilet. We are in two wars. The world hates us. There are major conflicts everywhere. Oh my God! Obama is not wearing a jacket. Do you honestly think this is a problem?

Old 01-22-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
disrepect?

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - A major Bush rule gets scrapped by Obama « - Blogs from CNN.com

Not just Bush, but Reagan as well - both showed their great reverance for THE OFFICE of the president. Obviously, obama thinks he is above the office.

Why is it that republican presidents have so much respect for the office of the presidency, while democrats show so much disrespect? I don't think we need to be reminded of what Bubba did in the oval office, do we?
I think it's easy for GWB to have insisted on jackets in the Oval Office since he was rarely ever in the Oval Office.

I mean a handful of jacket-wearing days a year, big shmeel.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Ooooooh boy! Bush respected an office? A bunch of plaster and wood?

Don't mean diddly since he showed no respect for the Constitution or the American people. I'd rather a President working in shorts and a T-shirt showing he gives a rat's behind about Americans than some tunnel-visioned ideologue in a $5000 suit. I'd rather a President fight our enemies while wearing jeans than a suit wearing President sell weapons to our enemies.

Just remarkable how the NeoConfused are so easily won over by style over substance.
EXACTLY. Bush could have worn a kilt and knee garters for all I cared as long as he didn't destroy the country.

Sadly, he wore a suit. And did destroy the country.

Obama can put on false eyelashes and go on pointe with a perfect string-of-pearls entrance into the Oval Office for all I care, as long as he leads well and does his job.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Obama is all fluff and no substance.

I'm positive you were not bothered by what clinton did in the oval office either.
You're comparing wearing shirtsleeves with receiving sexual favors?

Been a while for you, sanrene?

Old 01-22-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
IMO, a more casual environment lends to creativity.
I did not want to tell this to Sanrene. But since you are discussing it, I will tell it.

I spent five years as a chair of state-wide committee on educational policy. I was in Austin several times a month. We had 20 members on the committee--one from each educational region in the state.

Our first few meetings were disasters. About the 4th or 5th meeting, I told everyone on the committee to dress casually and to wear a T shirt from one the schools in their region at our next meeting so we could know where they were from.

Everyone worked better that week. They were more comfortable in the casual wear, and the ideas flowed unbelievably quickly, freely, and creatively. Everyone agreed to dress more casually, and we spent five very productive years setting educational policy. We only dressed in suits when we had to make presentations to the State Board of Educator Certification.

That is my experience with this situation. Good for Obama.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Obama is rolling his sleeves up and working like a maniac to undo the damage left behind. Poking fun at him for not wearing a jacket is desperately grasping at straws. Pathetic. His predecessor raked this country over the coals and people have the audacity to continue to support him. Really pathetic!
It's okay. He WAS WEARING A JACKET. Who cares what else he did.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:14 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
So Bush respected the office? Too bad he didn't have the same scruples when it came to the Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.