Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2009, 08:31 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,023,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Are you serious??? I mean really, are you really ****ing serious???? Who the **** gives a **** what the ****ing president wears when he's conducting business. What the hell is going on here???? You're seriously going to call him out on his business attire????? Even I would not give a crap if this happened in ANY office, I don't care if your republican, independant or what not. Jesus christ sanrene, get yourself some goddamn priorities. This really shows that you can't conjour up anything other than miniscule crap that no one else cares about except for you.
If McCain was in the oval office... you know this thread would not exist..

false outrage is so cliche amongst nutcons on C-D, esp the MENTAL MIDGETS that like to start inane non-sensical threads.. unaware that they are the object of ridicule and amusement for many.

Last edited by minibrings; 01-22-2009 at 08:54 PM..

Old 01-22-2009, 08:54 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post

But, Sanrene, after reading all of this, I am deeply concerned as to whether boxers or briefs are the proper and respectful undergarment for the POTUS. Back then I wore briefs. Now I wear boxers. Am I being disrespectful?

Inquiring minds want to know.
You bring up a good point. I'm pretty sure Bush must have worn boxers, or at least let me put it this way: I'm hoping he did, because I don't even want to know what a debriefing would have looked like.

Actually...for the number of times Bush basically told us to kiss his *ss, we really should already know the answer to this question, now shouldn't we???

Hmmmmmmmm. So many crucial questions, I'll never sleep tonight.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:02 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Are you serious??? I mean really, are you really ****ing serious???? Who the **** gives a **** what the ****ing president wears when he's conducting business. What the hell is going on here???? You're seriously going to call him out on his business attire????? Even I would not give a crap if this happened in ANY office, I don't care if your republican, independant or what not. Jesus christ sanrene, get yourself some goddamn priorities. This really shows that you can't conjour up anything other than miniscule crap that no one else cares about except for you.
As my British friend says, "Too true!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
To some people, conducting business without the jacket is a gross disrespect. You might as well be wearing jeans and a t-shirt. With that said, I think there are more important things to discuss than worry about jacket on or off. What I don't understand is why is this even news? It's not a big deal until the friggin' media reports it.
Well, in Denver, business IS often conducted wearing jeans and a T-shirt. I have seen doctors in jeans, people in jeans at weddings, funerals, etc. And please note that Obama was not proposing that; he was proposing going jacketless. Ever been in DC in the summer?

Old 01-22-2009, 10:08 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,538,091 times
Bush always wore nice suits........... problem is, the suits were always empty.

Bush is the poster child for the phrase "All hat, no cowboy"

Old 01-22-2009, 10:09 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,580,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
Hard work is more easily done with ones jacket off. There wasn't much hard work being done in the Bush or Reagan administrations.
Hold on to your hat folks there is a differant "PRESIDENT" in the oval office . So you may as well get used to it ,. As he stated before to all, it time for change !. I personally think he looks cool. like the rest of us working folk. may be now some real work will get done , " don't ya think "..

Old 01-22-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
When it comes to most topics in this forum, there's asinine and then there's ASININE. I wonder which category this falls into.
Has my vote!

Old 01-22-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
The economy is in the toilet. We are in two wars. The world hates us. There are major conflicts everywhere. Oh my God! Obama is not wearing a jacket. Do you honestly think this is a problem?
Little minds have little problems and not much to talk about!

Old 01-22-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I suggest you put me on ignore and resist the temptation to post in the threads I start. That should solve your affliction.
There you go judging the book by it's cover . please take a good look at the picture . there is finally a man in the White House oval office again that knows it take work to be "PRESIDENT". And knows how to dress for work not just for photo's sessions .

Old 01-24-2009, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,140 times
Wink I agree!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
There you go judging the book by it's cover . please take a good look at the picture . there is finally a man in the White House oval office again that knows it take work to be "PRESIDENT". And knows how to dress for work not just for photo's sessions .

I think that it is absurd to argue that President Obama's jacket off is so disrepectful...after all there are going to be things not continued by the oncoming administration that was static in the previous administration, but to harp on it, as if it really will make a difference to the state of our Country at this time. Please. Right wingers are waiting for the man to screw up and impatiently attacking the first illogical occurence to voice their juvenile opinion. Such sore losers. Grow up. No one expects him to save the Country in 4 years...I mean it did take Bush 8 years to wreck it!

Old 01-24-2009, 01:10 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Here's some photos of Bush not wearing a jacket at work: Bush Drunk at Olympics Photo Image
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections