Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 09:49 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times

Advertisements

Many thanks Sanrene, for providing my laugh for today.

In my world removing one's jacket and rolling up one's shirtsleeves means WORKING.

Yes, despite eight years evidence to the contrary, the president is more than just a figurehead.

A difficult concept, I know, but one I'm sure even you will eventually get used to.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:07 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,568,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, I didn't think so. Using the oval office for his own personal sex shop is nothing to be ashamed of.

See, here is a perfect example of the morals and values between a leftie and a rightie. Not to mention the deference and respect my side believes the oval office deserves - no matter who is in office.

Obviously, you could care less for the actual office itself and what it represents.
let's get to it! Clinton lied and nobody died, Dubya lied and thousands died. Huge difference.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:00 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,084,813 times
Quote:
disrepect?

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - A major Bush rule gets scrapped by Obama « - Blogs from CNN.com

Not just Bush, but Reagan as well - both showed their great reverance for THE OFFICE of the president. Obviously, obama thinks he is above the office.

Why is it that republican presidents have so much respect for the office of the presidency, while democrats show so much disrespect? I don't think we need to be reminded of what Bubba did in the oval office, do we?
THANK THE LORD ABOVE,but it's no longer Reagan's nor Bush's office so if he wants to hang out there in his longjohns how is that any of your business.Get a life.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:16 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,631,313 times
What have some of you come to?? Although I don't like Obama, I think him working with his jacket off might be his way to relax and try to stay focus on what is more important, like our economy, Iraq, terrorism, and other stuff. Geez give the guy a break. What difference does it make whether hes wearing a jacket, a dress, or buck a$$ naked, as long as he is getting or trying to get things accomplished.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:42 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,829,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
. . . . I think him working with his jacket off might be his way to relax and try to stay focus on what is more important, . . . .
I think that was Clinton's thoughts with his pants.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:47 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Yeah, I didn't think so. Using the oval office for his own personal sex shop is nothing to be ashamed of.

See, here is a perfect example of the morals and values between a leftie and a rightie. Not to mention the deference and respect my side believes the oval office deserves - no matter who is in office.

Obviously, you could care less for the actual office itself and what it represents.
Obama at least is going to SHOW UP at the Oval Office. He doesnt need to dress in a COSTUME to get into character.

Bush took a record amount of vacation time, holed up in Texas, watching football and rolling off couches.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:47 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
...I think him working with his jacket off might be his way to relax and try to stay focus on what is more important, like our economy, Iraq, terrorism, and other stuff. Geez give the guy a break. What difference does it make whether hes wearing a jacket, a dress, or buck a$$ naked, as long as he is getting or trying to get things accomplished.
Agreed.

I have no problem with Obama not wearing a jacket/coat and I don't think that not wearing one disrespects the office, the position, or Americans. And comments about Clinton and his mistakes/errors/bad judgment/etc. has nothing to do with Obama and is irrelevant to this discussion...

Credit to the OP for originality as this is the first complaint I have ever heard about the President's clothing.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:49 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,002,006 times
I dont care if he is in there naked or wearing a chicken suit. As long as he is getting stuff done then he can wear whatever he wants.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:07 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

NO! I DON'T see! Perhaps you can explain the moral difference you allege between an adulterous Democrat and the adulterous Republican who pursues a witch hunt in search of that Democrat?

NOPE! Still don't see it

Old 01-22-2009, 12:20 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,129,094 times
HA HA HA.. BUSH? Respect? The BUSH Aministration has NO respect for the AMERICAN PEOPLE which is why CHENEY is doing this--> To avoid being later called in about his STUPID choices and illegal activities!!!

RESPECT my BUTT. They are the 2 PERPETRATORS of DEFRAUDING the AMERICAN PUBLIC.

Court Lets Cheney Avoid Disclosure - Los Angeles Times

THANK GOD FOR OBAMA!

Quote:
Not just Bush, but Reagan as well - both showed their great reverance for THE OFFICE of the president. Obviously, obama thinks he is above the office.

Why is it that republican presidents have so much respect for the office of the presidency, while democrats show so much disrespect? I don't think we need to be reminded of what Bubba did in the oval office, do we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections