Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 12:26 PM

1,843 posts, read 2,371,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Meaningless question, your tax money IS NOT going to be used to kill unborn babies.

A minor detail to the true believer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 12:27 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
“We are experiencing an unprecedented economic crisis that has to be dealt with and dealt with rapidly,”

Old 01-23-2009, 12:27 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I suggest you do further research on this matter.

Before this change, any organization that offered abortion as a part of their services which often include AIDS prevention and STD treatment, could not receive funds, even if those funds were going towards AIDS prevention and not abortion.

Therefore, this change is NOT to specifically give money ONLY for abortions, it simply opens up funding to a multitude of other aid organizations who could not receive assistance before, simply because they also offer abortion services in addition to others.
Pesky facts. Thanks a lot

Old 01-23-2009, 12:28 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
I really do not care what women do with their unborn babies, as hearless as that sounds I believe it is between them and whatever God they worship or do not worship.

My concern today is that Obama ran on promises to fix housing and today his press secretary is making noises that nothing will happen with this economy even with the huge additional pile of our money thrown on the fire and that housing and the economy will continue to get worse. I think he is just another pandering opportunist in the W.H. Time will tell.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:

Before this change, any organization that offered abortion as a part of their services which often include AIDS prevention and STD treatment, could not receive funds, even if those funds were going towards AIDS prevention and not abortion.

Therefore, this change is NOT to specifically give money ONLY for abortions, it simply opens up funding to a multitude of other aid organizations who could not receive assistance before, simply because they also offer abortion services in addition to others.
So let me get this right. Paying money to abortion clinics doesn't equate in your mind to funding abortions. Paying money to organization who provide abortions is supporting abortion or that clinic?

Old 01-23-2009, 12:33 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I really do not care what women do with their unborn babies, as hearless as that sounds I believe it is between them and whatever God they worship or do not worship.

My concern today is that Obama ran on promises to fix housing and today his press secretary is making noises that nothing will happen with this economy even with the huge additional pile of our money thrown on the fire and that housing and the economy will continue to get worse. I think he is just another pandering opportunist in the W.H. Time will tell.
It's going to take awhile to "fix housing" you know. The second $350B hasnt been apportioned - in fact some of the first hasnt been. Obama intends the second batch to be virtually transparent and have much stricter criteria.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:36 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
So let me get this right. Paying money to abortion clinics doesn't equate in your mind to funding abortions. Paying money to organization who provide abortions is supporting abortion or that clinic?
The same amount of money that was made available to overseas family planning will not change. That money is not strictly going to fund abortions. It funds organizations that perform a wide variety of family planning services - and now can be spread out even more to organizations that also provide abortions. Will some money now go to abortions? Yes. Will more of that money now reach women in need of birth control, HIV medication/testing, STD prevention/testing, prenatal case. Absolutely. All this does is make services of all kinds more accessible to women overseas.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post

His IRS guy is a genius...nothing get's by him. And Lynn can lobby with the best of them. No worries...business as usual.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:39 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,375,261 times
Quote:

Right, now it's much more certain that some of my tax dollars are going to pay for the killing of unborn children!

Old 01-23-2009, 12:41 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,375,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Meaningless question, your tax money IS NOT going to be used to kill unborn babies.
I guess I misunderstood then. Please explain to me why Fox News was wrong and that no tax dollars will be spent to pay for abortions in foreign countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections