Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 04:50 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,147,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
They had access to the same info. If they didn't, they shouldn't have made the claims!!!!

As I've posted many times before, several separate investigations showed that the Bush administration did not "fabricate" facts. You are fabricating that "fact!!!!"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Wa...ss_destruction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
So when you lose your job, move... OK, sure. Let the bank take your house because you can't sell it and you sure can't afford to keep paying the mortgage on it . Leave all your furniture and personal belongings behind because you can't afford a moving company. Your credit is now shot to hell for the next 7 years or so. Hope you and the family feel comfortable living in a motel because you don't have the money to put up first, last and security on an apartment and you can't pass a credit check. But hey, don't worry you will be able to live hand to mouth on that dishwashers salary, until you get back on your feet, as long as the car doesn't break down and no one gets sick considering that you are now one of the millions without health insurance.

This scenario is playing out across the country with many hard-working families. It's great that you are somehow immune. Most people are only a few missed paychecks away from true financial hardship that could lead to the above consequences. Here in Florida, school buses are now making regular stops at motels to pick up all the children living there. Lines at job fairs stretch for blocks and, yes, IT people ARE flipping burgers.

I for one, would certainly rather have a president who recognizes all these families in distress, 1000's more daily, than one who has the audacity to say that "our economy is fundamentally sound", "this recession is mostly psychological" or "we've become a nation of whiners." Those comments are so insulting and dismissive, it's outrageous.
Great post.

I think many posters on here see only as far as the ends of their own noses.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:25 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,723,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
So do the thousands of people who are losing their jobs and their homes every day.
Yea, the sky IS falling on these people.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:32 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Is it kinda like the repubs running around screaming how we'll all be killed by Muslim terrorist attacks if Obama is elected?????
Exactly like that. But I thought he was change?

Man people are stupid.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:40 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,440,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Quite frankly my dear friend you don't have a clue what your talking about. This problem started long before the Bushies came onto the scene. This started back when our country decided to become consumers rather then producers.

When we gave up making televisions and telephones and let the Japanese take over that was the beginning of the end. Cause after that we slowly let all of our manufacturing jobs go overseas or south of the border.

Who can we blame it on? All of us. We all contributed to the downfall. You can't blame it on any single President.

Can we turn it around? Sure, but not by sinking the country farther into debt. That solves nothing. History has already proven that.

The first thing we need to do is close the border and put American's back to work. We need to become a nation of producers not just consumers.

Don't delay...

Give Tim Geithner (new Treasury Secretary) a call ASAP to advise him on what to do next.

And as to your talking point that the current economic meltdown is not Bush's fault, well, we're pretty much all aware that idiot grandsons of billionaires are well insulated from responsibility in America. Yet, you started this thread with the obvious intention of pointing your finger at Obama.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:13 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,015,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Exactly like that. But I thought he was change?

Man people are stupid.
How much change do you expect in one week of an administration? People should give him a chance to try to make changes. I can't believe people are so stupid to think that change comes instantly.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:58 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,145,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
The unskilled jobs go more to illegals because as the illegal supporters like to say, "It's jobs that Americans wont do". Come here and I will take you to any construction site and I'd bet you that nine out of ten of the workers don't speak english. I understand that does not prove they are illegal, but I'd also bet you most of them are.
"It's jobs that Americans wont do".

LORDY! THAT statement gets my back up!!

How EASY it is to say the same old gibberish! The same old L I E !

"It's jobs that Americans wont do".

B S !!!!!!!

READ CAREFULLY!:
Immigrants legal and otherwise get hired over Americans because:

A.They will accept ANY and ALL abuse that even DOGS shouldn't be subject to!

B. They accept ANY pay, legal, illegal, crappy, dirt wages, slave wages.

THEY ...THEY will RUIN America with their acceptance of 18th century work conditions !!!!!!!!!!

N O W :

MANY AMERICANS have done

and will do

and are doing the "less than delightful" jobs.

BUT , RIGHTLY expect to be treated with respect as human beings.

In my younger days I cleaned for a living holding two jobs at a time....I wiped blood off floors and ceilings, feces off walls and vomit off carpet. It was in a hospital where the standards were high...It was hard work that I was expected to do at top speed....I did it, OTHER AMERICANS DID IT ....and then corporate America found scared little rabbits who may not do it as well but would certainly do it cheaper!

Old 01-29-2009, 08:07 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,145,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
So far the only thing he has down is run around the White House screaming

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!!"

It's already getting old.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sky_Is_Falling_(fable)
Ya, after 8 years of being patted on the head and told to mind our own business everything is just fine, no problems, we get a president who speaks the truth just like he's talking to other adults!

And that scares the repubs!!!
It's not the soothing elevator music they need and expect...those doses of reality are frightening!!!!!

Old 01-29-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
I did it, OTHER AMERICANS DID IT ....and then corporate America found scared little rabbits who may not do it as well but would certainly do it cheaper!
That's what it's about. GWB pressed on us "good-hearted people who will do the jobs that Americans wont do," just as he pressed "I want America to be a, a ownership society," on behalf of his own owners.

I dont see how these people who resent the illegal immigrant situation and are upset about the housing situation still champion Bush. Licking the hand of the master that kicked them....I just dont get it.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Ya, after 8 years of being patted on the head and told to mind our own business everything is just fine, no problems, we get a president who speaks the truth just like he's talking to other adults!

And that scares the repubs!!!
It's not the soothing elevator music they need and expect...those doses of reality are frightening!!!!!
I think the RW media is telling them the US & global economies are actually fine - this is just the wily Obama - now that he's got us in his clutches - moving on to step two, enslaving us. The media are in cahoots of course -I think because they're starry-eyed in love... but not sure on the details of this current fairy tale.

I get this impression from other posts around here clucking the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections