Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2009, 01:53 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,427,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Jindal didn't proclaim "The nation invented the automobile" like some clueless politician just did. It's funny that some are so mesmerized by Obama's celebrity that they are impressed by out-and-out falsehoods.
America didn't even invent the first automobile. The first automobile was created by Mercedes-Benz in Germany.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 01:55 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,846,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by US-Traveller View Post
America didn't even invent the first automobile. The first automobile was created by Mercedes-Benz in Germany.
Well I know that, YOU know that, but does Obama know that? Or does he take everyone to be idiots and he can say stupid things like that?

Old 02-25-2009, 01:57 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,427,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I respect that Bobby Jindal is a Rhodes Scholar, but tonight's speech blindsided me. I expected to hear a good retort -- something in touch with what Americans are going through now -- and that is not what I heard.

I heard a speech about how American's can do it all alone. They alone are solutions to the problem. The real problem is that we have been taking too much taxes from the top guys (the ones who are now being arrested) and are not relying enough on the bottom bunch. We need to do more ourselves.

It was typical Republican pablum: Pass the dough up to the top guys and they will trickle down to you.

But I think, after so many years, we all realize it doesn't work that way.

Jindal is asking us to suspend our brains and just **believe** we are all part of Slumdog Millionaire.

This message is too late and delivered in the wrong decade. The truth is that those who had wealth flowing to them have stolen it from those who allowed it to flow to them ala Madoff. Ponzi scheme? That was how we built our financial house of cards.

Anyway, little Bobby Jindal had a lot of promise before tonight. Now he looks like Sarah Palin's running mate.
Again, it wasn't the greatest speech. He should have brought forward more facts and he should have had a better speaking tone. The speech did have an excellent Goldwater and Reaganesque message, unlike Obama's Carteresque message.

Republicans wan't to abolish income taxes forever or develop a flat tax system, so your saying of "passing the dough up" is not an accurate portrayl of Republican philosophy. Republicans do want to cut the highest corporate tax rate in the world, so that American can again be the best place to do business.

Your other comments were just plain racist and inconsiderate.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:00 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,835,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Switching teams won't be necessary. I don't think switching would be a good thing for you. Jindal gave a little rebuttal speech, not a speech accepting the republican nomination. This is just so funny. You all must know Obama has four short years.
If the GOP wasn't trying to promote Jindal by giving him the chance to make this silly little rebuttal speech then why are you wasting your time with the same response over and over again that he isn't big time in the party right now? After Obamas' four short years who will the GOP run against him? Apparently Jindal isn't being promoted right? Pull the wool.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:07 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,138,900 times
Ah the pre-election redeux.

We got new names but the songs are all the same.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:08 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,138,900 times
Quote:
Blatant stupidity...yeah that's it.
Pretty much.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:09 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,483,088 times
Quote:
I find it so funny that you Obama goofballs are so torn up by a little speech by Bobby Jindal. You all are so threatened by anything and anyone in the Republican party. Why don't you just relax and enjoy your next four years and stop with all of the bashing. Goodness, can't some of you ever just shut up already...lol.
Some people would like both parties to be respectable to ensure some kind of checks and balances. The Republicans becoming a parody of themselves does not help this cause.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:29 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,835,019 times
I'll requote myself since no one on the right is willing to admit that Jindal runs a welfare state. Most republican voting states are also welfare states. Maybe Jindal should refuse all federal money that exceeds what his state pays in federal taxes and then the rest of us "goofball" lefties will listen to him.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:29 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,435,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I liked Bobby Jindal before tonight and his response to Obama's speech. Bobby Jindal seemed so tone deaf to what America needs! Bobby Jindal wants to get government out of America (like we haven't had that for the last 8 years) and thinks we should all just go it alone.

The government is the only entity big enough to save anything in this country! As individuals, we cannot save the banks, the stock markets, or anything else. Giving tax breaks just isn't going to cut it! We need jobs in this country!

As I listened to Bobby Jindal talk, I kept thinking that the next thing he would suggest is dismantling the military and allowing the Boy Scouts to fight our battles because WE JUST DON'T NEED GOVERNMENT SOLUTIONS!

Anyway, <sigh> I think he's way out of touch with reality.
I agree and I have to note here that this is the first time EVER that I have agreed with you. Jindal needs to disappear and go back to the hole he crawled from. This country no longer has a place for such a reject.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:47 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,202,063 times
Quote:
Little does not equate young, it equates smaller than, which is not so good to say.
'Scuse me hon. I feel so awful that I offended your "young un" sensibilities. Lil' Barack and Lil Bobby Jindal are quite the same -- unless YOU make them different in YOUR mind!

They are both younger than I am.

So? Is this a big deal to you? I have no problem with it. They are both younger politicans.

As far as this thread goes, I was very surprised at how far out of touch I felt Bobby Jindal was with the ordinary Californian. Seriously. I thought he was way way way out there. Even farther out than a Sarah Palin parody. Just way out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections