Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Bobby Jindal would make a good candidate for 2012 GOP ticket?
I usually vote republican and think Jindal would be great! 7 18.92%
I usually vote republican and would rather see somebody else 6 16.22%
I usually vote democrat and think Jindal would be great! 4 10.81%
I usually vote democrat and would rather see somebody else 5 13.51%
I am an independent or other and think Jindal would be great! 4 10.81%
I am an independent or other and would rather see somebody else 11 29.73%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 11:19 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,073,043 times

Advertisements

OMG Jindal's an illegal immigrant I don't see no birf certificAte! OMFG! (birther thread FTW)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 11:45 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
The republicans have tons of upcoming stars, he is a few years away.

Newt will be the nominee if he decides to run.

There is a reason he stayed out of the last race and it was because he knew Obama would win and knew Obama would fail. Opening the door for the reps to total control again.

This time they will have to follow the conservative ideals and NOT lean left for any reason.

Jindal has a promising future, but he will have to wait his turn. Way to many rising stars in the rep party right now to know who is going to move.

Oh my gosh, how can any one be worse then what we already have, he is not promising at all. He has been full of it from day 1. Full of hot air!

Last edited by california-jewel; 02-07-2010 at 11:57 PM..

Old 02-08-2010, 05:34 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,234,947 times
People have to wonder.
They (right) came up w/McSame, then it started w/Failin' Palin, then (palin/beck 2012) omg, some righty pulls this guy's name out of a hat (or someone else did) (savage talk radio) then they post this garbage here in a public forum.....
Does the right have any brains at all? It's looking more and more like nobody in 2012 because they keep scraping the bottom of the barrell. If this is all they have, we democrats might get another 4 years of Obama, and that wouldn't bother me one bit. He sure beats the heck out of fear mongering and foreign country invasions.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:08 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,303,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
People have to wonder.
They (right) came up w/McSame, then it started w/Failin' Palin, then (palin/beck 2012) omg, some righty pulls this guy's name out of a hat (or someone else did) (savage talk radio) then they post this garbage here in a public forum.....
Does the right have any brains at all? It's looking more and more like nobody in 2012 because they keep scraping the bottom of the barrell. If this is all they have, we democrats might get another 4 years of Obama, and that wouldn't bother me one bit. He sure beats the heck out of fear mongering and foreign country invasions.

Keep dreaming.

The rep ticket wont be a weak ticket in 2012.

And at this point I think almost any ticket opposite of Obama would beat him.

If things continue as they are because of Obama's policies, it is a sure bet that he will be going back to Chicago being the worse ever.

The left, including YOU, come up with the names of who YOU think will be running in 2012. Then you and the others run with those names.

Keep your eye on Palin and Beck. Spend the next 3 years worrying about those two and I will be happy.

Why? Because you will be wasting your time worrying and getting ulcers about those two!

Let me tell you a secret, Palin will draw millions of people over to the rep candidate in 2012, but she wont be the nominee. Ok, now you know. You can go on to attack someone else now.

Funny how the left attack Jindals beliefs but thought it was none of our business that Obamie the Commie went to an anti American church of hate for 20 years.

What kind of Dad would allow his children to sit and listen to that racist ranting and I hate America crap week end and week out?

The libs need to be afraid, very afraid.

2012, the end of liberalism in America, thanks to the mistake an hour maker Obama.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:25 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,234,947 times
I think you're dreaming.
And hey, if there were not so many stupid republicans, we lefties wouldn't know what to do with ourselves.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:24 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I'm reading his biography and accomplishments in office and am impressed. He seems like a pretty down to earth, normal guy, something that would be very refreshing these days. A few people I know who currently live in Louisiana have told me that Jindal has done quite a bit to clean up the state's corruption issues, and is actively working to correct the state's education, and healthcare systems.

Anyone else here from LA care to chime in on Jindal? I'm interested to hear what people have to say. The man seems pretty intelligent
I feel he would be great, has promise and might very well be our President someday, but I don't think he is ready yet. Let's look at maybe 2020>.

Nita

Old 02-08-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Does anyone here think that the GOP, as a voting group, is as accepting of ethnic minority candidates as the Democratic Party?

In 2004, America's least diverse county (Magoffin County, KY) went narrowly for Kerry. But in 2008 McCain got 58%! what does that tell you?
You can't be serious..I can tell you a couple of minority men and women that could have and would have had the complete support of the party had they decided to run. Your statement shows how narrow minded some peoples thinking can be.

Nita

Old 02-08-2010, 02:52 PM

22,183 posts, read 19,455,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You can't be serious..I can tell you a couple of minority men and women that could have and would have had the complete support of the party had they decided to run. Your statement shows how narrow minded some peoples thinking can be.

Nita
In regards to Jindal, take a look at some of the VERY Republican Parishes he lost during his first run for Governor in 2003. Why do you think he lost them?

Old 02-08-2010, 07:23 PM

52,685 posts, read 47,943,222 times
Jindal is an interesting name to watch. Name recognition may not matter if he can "bring it", but unfortunately, there are many that still don't know much about him. He's got gubernatorial experience. If he does decide to run, he'd best get going sooner and not later. And a new name is always a breath of fresh air.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
In regards to Jindal, take a look at some of the VERY Republican Parishes he lost during his first run for Governor in 2003. Why do you think he lost them?
7 years ago, many things have changed since then...

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections