Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Bobby Jindal would make a good candidate for 2012 GOP ticket?
I usually vote republican and think Jindal would be great! 7 18.92%
I usually vote republican and would rather see somebody else 6 16.22%
I usually vote democrat and think Jindal would be great! 4 10.81%
I usually vote democrat and would rather see somebody else 5 13.51%
I am an independent or other and think Jindal would be great! 4 10.81%
I am an independent or other and would rather see somebody else 11 29.73%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 12:59 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,918,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Bush-era Republicans should not be given serious consideration. The fact that these idiots are continually mentioned as possible candidates means that Republicans still are immensely clueless.
Not often mentioned, but the names do come up. It is an open field at this time so, of course anyone with any smarts understands the party not in office is going to be mentioning many candidates, especailly when the party now in office is vulnerable.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
He converted from Hinduism to Christianity in high school and he uses the first name "Bobby" instead of his real name. Not to mention he's of East Indian descent and is in the GOP.

Can you say Stockholm Syndrome?
Do you need to go to Sweden to get Stockholm Syndrome?

Nita

Old 02-14-2010, 01:09 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,180,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Do you need to go to Sweden to get Stockholm Syndrome?

Nita
Nope. You just have to swallow the blue pill.

Old 02-14-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Nope. You just have to swallow the blue pill.
I'll have to say, that is a pretty clever comeback...

Old 02-16-2010, 12:02 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,417,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Does anyone here think that the GOP, as a voting group, is as accepting of ethnic minority candidates as the Democratic Party?
In 2004, America's least diverse county (Magoffin County, KY) went narrowly for Kerry. But in 2008 McCain got 58%! what does that tell you?

IIRC it was those self-righteous Dumbocrats that showed Kathleen Baboon Blanco's whiteness as the reason Jindal should be defeated in our 2003 election. When Blanco proved to be one of the most ineffectual governors we've had, she wisely dropped out of the 2007 election.

I was hoping Jindal would stay in DC as our representative instead of running for Governor, but, the natives of New Orleans were getting restless with him, noting openly that he wasn't half the guy that William Jefferson was.

The motto of the Democrat party of Louisiana is, "We don't just tolerate corruption from our politicians, we DEMAND it."

Jindal needs to stay here in Louisiana until the term limits kick in. Then he should run for the Senate (unless Landrieu is defeated sooner).

Old 02-16-2010, 02:00 PM

22,214 posts, read 19,509,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
IIRC it was those self-righteous Dumbocrats that showed Kathleen Baboon Blanco's whiteness as the reason Jindal should be defeated in our 2003 election. When Blanco proved to be one of the most ineffectual governors we've had, she wisely dropped out of the 2007 election.
I was hoping Jindal would stay in DC as our representative instead of running for Governor, but, the natives of New Orleans were getting restless with him, noting openly that he wasn't half the guy that William Jefferson was.
The motto of the Democrat party of Louisiana is, "We don't just tolerate corruption from our politicians, we DEMAND it."
Jindal needs to stay here in Louisiana until the term limits kick in. Then he should run for the Senate (unless Landrieu is defeated sooner).

Take a look at a Parish map from 2003, the reason Jindal lost was due to Republicans not voting for him. He BADLY underperformed in many of the strongest GOP Parishes in the state, turnout in some of these areas were absolutely BRUTAL.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:18 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,187,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
What don't you like about him? Just curious.
If I didn't like him, I wouldn't suggest he would make a good VP candidate. I really like him and his values, I just think he needs a little more experience under his belt. We elected someone this time with little to no experience (less than Jindal) and we can see how that is working out.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:21 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,187,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
I will be posting in 2012 asking where all the naysayers are.
I still highly doubt that, but if we are both here we shall see. He's not a bad guy, but there are better choices. Of course there were last time also and see what we ran with.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
If I didn't like him, I wouldn't suggest he would make a good VP candidate. I really like him and his values, I just think he needs a little more experience under his belt. We elected someone this time with little to no experience (less than Jindal) and we can see how that is working out.
My thoughts exactly. There may come a time, but now isn't it..

Nita

Old 02-18-2010, 02:18 PM

22,214 posts, read 19,509,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
My thoughts exactly. There may come a time, but now isn't it..

Nita

I think the whole exorcism issue is going to make it tough for him on the national stage, especially in dealing with moderates and Independents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections