Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Bobby Jindal would make a good candidate for 2012 GOP ticket?
I usually vote republican and think Jindal would be great! 7 18.92%
I usually vote republican and would rather see somebody else 6 16.22%
I usually vote democrat and think Jindal would be great! 4 10.81%
I usually vote democrat and would rather see somebody else 5 13.51%
I am an independent or other and think Jindal would be great! 4 10.81%
I am an independent or other and would rather see somebody else 11 29.73%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 09:18 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I think the whole exorcism issue is going to make it tough for him on the national stage, especially in dealing with moderates and Independents.

Jindal is a Catholic and exorcism is not unacceptable in that religion. It is also not foreign to some other Christian religions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 09:23 PM

768 posts, read 942,486 times
If by promising you mean patronizing, awkward, unserious, and a phony populist speaking in cliche's- I agree.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:05 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Jindal is a Catholic and exorcism is not unacceptable in that religion. It is also not foreign to some other Christian religions.
Jindal took part in an exorcism.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Jindal took part in an exorcism.

Like I said it's part of the Catholic religion, sombody's got to do it...lol.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:09 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Like I said it's part of the Catholic religion, sombody's got to do it...lol.
I am Catholic, btw, its something most Catholics view as the extreme of the extreme, completely and utterly nuts.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:09 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,288,050 times
"Jindal" is just a little too close to the word "jihad" for me. I don't think that we can trust him.*

*This "reasoning" brought to you by Glenn Beck.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:19 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,171,163 times
People who actually believe exorcisms are legit are not fit to hold public office.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
I am Catholic, btw, its something most Catholics view as the extreme of the extreme, completely and utterly nuts.

The Catholic religion has several extreme or odd premises, but that is what freedom of religion is, right? That is what this country was founded on. I can think of worse things people believe in.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:58 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
It'll be Jindal/Lieberman and the slogan will be "see we're not all a bunch of crabby WASPs"
Lieberman will be too old

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Jindal is an interesting name to watch. Name recognition may not matter if he can "bring it", but unfortunately, there are many that still don't know much about him. He's got gubernatorial experience. If he does decide to run, he'd best get going sooner and not later. And a new name is always a breath of fresh air.
"Everybody" says that governors do not make good presidents. I don't necessarily agree but that is the "Conventional Wisdom".

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I do not believe Jindal is a natural born citizen so any opinion I have of him would be moot. He should never be president or vice president if this is the facts.
He was born in the US. He's a natural born citizen.

Quote:
Rice is pro-choice, so that pretty much demolishes any chance of her getting past a Primary. Also her close connection with the Bush administration would hurt in the General. Powell I think is pro-choice as well, and the fact he endorsed Obama would destroy him in a Primary. Watts would have been interesting if he stayed in public office, been out almost 8 years. However, even if he stayed there I doubt much would have come from it. He wasn't going to win statewide office in Oklahoma, and while he had some name recognition, its really hard to make the jump from the House to a strong Presidential contender without higher office, unless you are a major figure.
Powell is too old now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
It has been proven a US birth certificate is no longer a requirement for the Office of President here. BoBo has failed, he will be gone in a few years. Why not give Jindal a chance as well? Then the inane battle can begin as to which non-white on which side of the aisle did the better job. Give diversity an equal opportunitiy chance.
That has not been proven and Jindal was born in the US.

Quote:
I think the whole exorcism issue is going to make it tough for him on the national stage, especially in dealing with moderates and Independents.
Did he perform an exorcism? Who/what did he exorcise?

Old 02-20-2010, 01:12 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Katiana, where did you hear it said, Governors don't make good Presidents? Normally, I think people have the opposite belief. members of the house, don't have executive experience as we are seeing, so they often are thought as by many as not being good Presidentual materials, but not governors.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections