Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Bobby Jindal would make a good candidate for 2012 GOP ticket?
I usually vote republican and think Jindal would be great! 7 18.92%
I usually vote republican and would rather see somebody else 6 16.22%
I usually vote democrat and think Jindal would be great! 4 10.81%
I usually vote democrat and would rather see somebody else 5 13.51%
I am an independent or other and think Jindal would be great! 4 10.81%
I am an independent or other and would rather see somebody else 11 29.73%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 07:58 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,920,836 times

Advertisements

I don't think so. Bobby is a "preexisting condition!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 09:39 PM

22,254 posts, read 19,575,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
7 years ago, many things have changed since then...

Nita
Those parishes are still VERY racist.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:40 AM

8,455 posts, read 12,239,268 times
Quote:
You can't be serious..I can tell you a couple of minority men and women that could have and would have had the complete support of the party had they decided to run. Your statement shows how narrow minded some peoples thinking can be.
Alan Keyes? He's run in perhaps twelve primaries -- I think he got the nod in one. And of course, he lost the election.

I have not seen an acceptance to minorities by the electorate of the Republican party. Sad but true.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Alan Keyes? He's run in perhaps twelve primaries -- I think he got the nod in one. And of course, he lost the election.

I have not seen an acceptance to minorities by the electorate of the Republican party. Sad but true.
Keyes actually got the GOP nod for Illinois Senate in 2004 against Obama and got demolished.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:08 PM

9,802 posts, read 16,264,044 times
Tim Pawlenty will be the Republican candidate in November of 2012.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:11 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,114,195 times
I do not believe Jindal is a natural born citizen so any opinion I have of him would be moot. He should never be president or vice president if this is the facts.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:00 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post

There was more to th Keyes situation than race..I wonder what would have happened if Condi would have decided to give it a try or J.C. Watts, maybe Collin Powell?

Nita

Old 02-09-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I do not believe Jindal is a natural born citizen so any opinion I have of him would be moot. He should never be president or vice president if this is the facts.
of course he is...

marmac, I will be interested to see if you are right, I was sure he would get the nob for VP but it didn't work as we all know.
Nita

Old 02-09-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Those parishes are still VERY racist.
Of course some are, but this goes for any situation, any place. There are many that would not support Obama because of race, many who have a problem with Romney and Huckabee as well as even Liberman. We could go on and on. There was a time when some wouldn't support a candidate from the south and there were no southen Republican elected men and women..What about what Reagan had to overcome: a movie star, not a great one at that and from a no nothing college plus he was divorced. We are changing our way of thinking, thank God.

Nita

Old 02-09-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
There was more to th Keyes situation than race..I wonder what would have happened if Condi would have decided to give it a try or J.C. Watts, maybe Collin Powell?

Nita
Rice is pro-choice, so that pretty much demolishes any chance of her getting past a Primary. Also her close connection with the Bush administration would hurt in the General. Powell I think is pro-choice as well, and the fact he endorsed Obama would destroy him in a Primary. Watts would have been interesting if he stayed in public office, been out almost 8 years. However, even if he stayed there I doubt much would have come from it. He wasn't going to win statewide office in Oklahoma, and while he had some name recognition, its really hard to make the jump from the House to a strong Presidential contender without higher office, unless you are a major figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections