Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2012, 08:06 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times

Advertisements

Roseanne Barf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 08:15 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I can't stand Jim Carey. I don't understand why people find him funny. He just seems like the kid in class who is always doing stupid things to get attention.

Letterman was good when he was younger and first became famous. Now he's just sort of cranky.
Not a fan of Carrey's humor, but in one movie, "Man In the Moon"; where ironically he portrayed the late and sometimes strange, Andy Kaufman; I thought that he gave a once in a life time, once in a generation performance.

You can keep "Mask" and all that other stuff though.

Kaufman was a strange and cerebral genius, and an acquitted taste.

Trust me though, you needn't be a Carey or Kaufman fan to love this film.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:21 AM

742 posts, read 1,228,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveChick View Post
Omg I watched that HBO special with Lisa Lampanelli and I can say I could barely laugh. Most of her opening was based on old racial jokes that got tired way into her show, but she kept on and on about it. Even the audience barely laughed, if they did it was forced laughs lol
Oh, and Wanda Sykes too. I used to like her, but I watched her new HBO show, and I only had or 3 laughs. I was highly anticipating it too, but I wasn't impressed.

I guess you would consider those two "popular". HBO gave them shows and they dont just give them to anybody.
ugh shes a vile disgusting woman. I cant stand her, all she does is make jokes about sleeping with minorities.

Syikes isnt funny either by a long shot, shes just loud and offputting.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:09 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,846 times
If your routine can be summed up with a catch phrase, I probably don't like you. The only exception being Rodney Dangerfield.

If you now host a talk show or game show, you're probably no longer funny. Ellen was brilliant as a young standup. Now, not too funny.

If you use props, odds are pretty good you're not very funny. Or you are the first time I see you, but your act gets tired really fast.

If you think Dane Cook is funny, we're not going to get along.

I think the problem with most comedians is that they find being just a comedian too limiting. And that's when they tend to lose me.

I hope Bill Burr never does a sitcom. Would hate to see him become unfunny.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:24 PM

1,855 posts, read 3,609,960 times
Paul Reiser. Gilbert Gottfried. Adam Sandler.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:43 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
1. Andrew Dice Clay - Anti-funny. The worst of the worst.

2. Andy Dick - Want to bring a good comedy roast (which I love) to a screeching halt? Invite Andy Dick.

3. Bill Cosby. Painfully unfunny standup. How his show topped the ratings for five straight seasons, I'll never know.

Jack Black
Chevy Chase
Bill Engvall
Andy Kaufman

Old 03-25-2013, 02:55 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,451,833 times
Like already mentioned, Dane Cook! He annoys the crap out of me.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:12 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Farrell has probably done some funny stuff on SNL, but his movies...meh.
Chappelle is good.
I thought Whoopi's (old) stand up was great. Her movies, except Ghost, suck.
Griffin is unfunny
Barr's (old) stand up was great. I once read a reviewer's article (regarding a made for TV movie) state that "Barr is the next Lucille Ball!"
Dane Cook sucks, I don't get the attraction
I never cared for Jim Carey
Leno, in his stand up days was pretty funny
Dennis Miller was funny, now he's just another right wing hack.

Lewis Black and Chris Rock are probably the two funniest stand up guys around. There are a couple of funny ladies, Susie Essman, Sarah Silverman and some others whose names elude me right now.

golfgod
I have to disagree on Will Farrell's movies. You seriously didn't like Talledaga Nights, or Anchorman, or Step Brothers? I thought I'd die laughing watching those movies. I guess comedy is subjective. I agree with you on Dane Cook, Lewis Black, Chris Rock, and Sarah Silverman, but can still appreciate Dennis Miller. I'm conservative, but I still enjoy all those left wing hack comedians since I respect other people's opinions even if they differ from my own.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:46 PM

92 posts, read 267,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy2788 View Post
Like already mentioned, Dane Cook! He annoys the crap out of me.
I have heard this same opinion from so many people. I personally have never listened to his comedy. What exactly is annoying about him?

Old 03-27-2013, 04:03 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times
I hate Jim Carey with a passion that defies logic.

Pretty much every comedian who has had a special re-run endlessly on Comedy Central...their shtick got old and they kept on regurgitating the same stuff even after it wasn't funny anymore because we've already had it POUNDED INTO OUR HEADS...yeah. Those Comedy Central specials (hopefully) pay well, but they can kill ya if they're shown too much.

Seinfeld, Colbert, most late night talk show hosts (except the classic--Johnny Carson, and also Craig Ferguson who is captivating to me.) Dane Cook goes without saying. There was also this one guy who always looked stoned and did a lot of exaggerated faces and I can't remember his name but I hated him too.

I do like Lewis Black. Something about the way he talks just appeals to me. I dig it. Most of my friends are big into George Carlin too...I admit he made a lot of good points, but I was never a huge fan.

I hate Andrew Dice Clay. In my opinion he is pretty much everything that is disgusting in a man. Blech, indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts