Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are European women just not as big on race when it comes to dating?
No, they care way less about race, it really means nothing to them 21 17.50%
They care but not the extent that American women do 42 35.00%
They care just as much as American women 25 20.83%
They care about it even more 32 26.67%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 12:06 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,535,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestMind View Post
Because america is a bigger market to become rich which doesnt mean middle class people live better than in europe, because Its the other way around..

As I have told often America is only a good place to make money (if you have capital or good ideas), nothing else.

In europe, regardless the country I've witnessed quite often very average black/asian/arab men being not particularly rich married or dating goodlooking women. Tell me how often do you see a white american women really goodlooking dating or married to an arab/african/indian dude who isnt a doctor , lawyer or someone who earns loads of money.. Most guys of those ethnicities either date their own women or end up with the white american women that nobody would date...

The truth is hard...
It's obvious that you've spent little to no time in the U.S. and/or you succumb to stereotypes. Funny enough, I just returned from lunch with a black male friend married to an attractive white woman. And she earns more than he does. If you had spent any time in this country, you would've observed many interracial relationships within the middle and working classes.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:10 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Those incorporation problems have nothing to do with race. As several others have noted in this thread, Europeans judge others mostly on their morals and values, not on their race or nationality. The problem with certain non-Western immigrants is that their values collide with ours because they refuse to adapt. If you choose to live here, you should learn the local language, abide by the local laws and accept the local values. If you can't do that, there's hundreds of other countries to move to. Do you think a Morrocon guy would be welcomed in Japan if he refused to learn Japanese and did not respect the Japanese customs and values? Why are Japanese not called "racist" and "xenophobic" for having certain expectations of immigrants, and Europeans are?

Also, it's striking how there are millions of Chinese people living in Europe and they don't seem to encounter "racism" and "injustice" too much. Could it be that those rioting youngsters have at least some of the blame for the problems they're facing? Also, if you honestly think those thugs were rioting merely out of principle you are delusional.
Actually you just tapped into something that I get frustrated about. As a white American, there is nowhere in Asia I can emigrate to. No one would take us.

So, it is quite interesting that Europe and the Americans and Australia/NZ are expected to incorporate all people from all around the world, but nowhere in Asia (where 60% of the world's population live) would ever consider taking us as immigrants.

My half-Asian non-Japanese son was born here in Japan, and Japanese often ask me if he has a Japanese passport or citizenship. They don't even realize it's not possible here. I even know 3rd generation Americans and 3rd generation Koreans who were all born here in Japan, and parents were born in Japan, and they're all here on foreign passports.

But anyways, I agree with you about the above. I'm not necessarily critizing Europe, but when I meet Europeans who seem oblivious to Europe's 'issues' while assuming that ONLY in the U.S. would racial incidents occur, I just like to quickly make a few comments about that.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:24 PM

484 posts, read 1,286,493 times
Quote:
In europe the problems are about culture shock rather than racial differences unlike the US. Most of those blacks hanging out in cities like paris, barcelona, rotterdam and even london are recent foreigners or refugees and they are completly different culturally-wise from the local population. The situation of the US is completly different most of their black people are just african americans who are part of the mainstream american culture and who have been for centuries there being as american as your white/caucasian people, they are not africans and therefore the culture difference is way less between white and black americans than between europeans and recent foreigners from africa. Tell me how common is to find in southern states of the US a guy that has recently migrated there from senegal or somalia...
Have you even been you been to the USA? Yes they're African immigrants everywhere, include the south (Texas has the largest Nigerian population in the US.) African Immigrants are one of the most (or even the most) successful group of immigrants in the US.

I find this funny, why can Africans come to the US and adapt to American culture and become successful, but can't do the same in Europe? I have a feeling that it's not the immigrants, but European society that don't want them to adapt.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
In europe the problems are about culture shock rather than racial differences unlike the US. Most of those blacks hanging out in cities like paris, barcelona, rotterdam and even london are recent foreigners or refugees and they are completly different culturally-wise from the local population. The situation of the US is completly different most of their black people are just african americans who are part of the mainstream american culture and who have been for centuries there being as american as your white/caucasian people, they are not africans and therefore the culture difference is way less between white and black americans than between europeans and recent foreigners from africa. Tell me how common is to find in southern states of the US a guy that has recently migrated there from senegal or somalia...
Just in Southern States? Okay, Houston, Atlanta and Washington DC...the three main cities of the South. All three have very sizeable and well-known AFRICAN immigrants from the African continent.

THey are well known for their high education, and being a very successful immigrant group. THey are often ranked with Asian groups for both education attainments and later incomes. Higher incomes than your average American income.

We have so many anti-discrimination laws and affirmitive action laws, that it's real easy for an African person with their values to excel very well in the U.S., and they do - statistically you can look it up, and see it all over the web.

Our African emigrants are some of our most successful immigrants. If you don't want Africans in Europe, send them to the U.S., statistically they reach high levels of educational and financial success in the U.S.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:30 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Ironically Indian females and Korean females get it the worst when dating outside of their race from their male ethnic counterparts.

Someday when you land your first 'white girl', I doubt she'll have one-tenth the problems with people discouraging her from dating outside of her race than an Indian female or Korean female would from their respective cultures/families.
Thats interesting, since I always thought that Indian women were discouraged from dating other (than white males) ethnicities

Old 09-19-2011, 12:31 PM

27,567 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Those incorporation problems have nothing to do with race. As several others have noted in this thread, Europeans judge others mostly on their morals and values, not on their race or nationality. The problem with certain non-Western immigrants is that their values collide with ours because they refuse to adapt. If you choose to live here, you should learn the local language, abide by the local laws and accept the local values.
What makes you think this is not the EXACT same issue that the U.S. has with certain immigrants (like illegal Mexicans) and ethnic minorities? Nothing to do with race. LOL, that's funny.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
It's obvious that you've spent little to no time in the U.S. and/or you succumb to stereotypes. Funny enough, I just returned from lunch with a black male friend married to an attractive white woman. And she earns more than he does. If you had spent any time in this country, you would've observed many interracial relationships within the middle and working classes.
100% agree.

THe U.S. military is one the biggest interracial connections by far. Tons of black/white marriages in the U.S. military.

A white friend of mine, all three of his sisters married black men. So when he goes to family reunions, he's the 'white' uncle among all his mixed nieces and nephews.

I just read this article, and 7% of American marriages are interracial:
Interracial marriage flourishes in U.S. - US news - Life - Race & ethnicity - msnbc.com

I could write a 100-chapter book easily on just the black/white couples alone, let alone the constant white/asian and white/latino and latino/black that you meet and see all over the place. It's really not that big of a deal at all in the U.S.

Even the OP of this thread who was complaining about it, it turns out that one of his parents was half white/half black and they married a Persian. So, there are a few mixes already right in there for the American OP. He mentioned that back on Page 2 or so.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:26 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,648 times
Generally, I think white women make awful spouses and are horrible to deal with(millions of American men would agree!) though I do have a soft spot for moderately Catholic, educated, upper-middle/middle class Italian-American women who know how to cook well(mmmmm pasta fazool!!!). If I was going to date outside of my religion/culture/race, it would be with type of woman described in the former statement or a Latina with similar charecteristics.

Note: I strongly suspect that the OP is the poster formerly known as "jgamibi." I'm not sure if he's trying to troll Indians or is just a particuraly bubbleheaded Indian, but he never ceases!

Last edited by TylerJAX; 09-19-2011 at 03:30 PM..

Old 09-19-2011, 03:22 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,243,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
But anyways, I agree with you about the above. I'm not necessarily critizing Europe, but when I meet Europeans who seem oblivious to Europe's 'issues' while assuming that ONLY in the U.S. would racial incidents occur, I just like to quickly make a few comments about that.
Of course, I'm not denying the fact that racism exists in Europe. Unfortunately, racism is a problem that exists all over the world and certainly not just among white people. However, I do believe that Europeans are not as race-conscious as Americans are but instead are more culture-conscious. Think about it: which group of immigrants is most problematic with regard to integration into European societies? Is it Africans? Arabs? Indians? Chinese? Or is it muslims, who may or may not come from aforementioned regions?

If you listen closely to the political anti-immigration parties in Europe, you will find that they do not oppose immigration based on racial or ethnic ideas, and nor do their supporters. However, they believe that certain cultures are not compatible with secular European culture and therefore an influx of people from these non-Western countries may cause instability and lead to an incohesive society. It has nothing to do with "keeping our ethnicities pure" or anything like that. For example, Wilders is married to a Hungarian woman.

Also, I don't think we should turn this into a bigger deal than it actually is. The vast majority of muslims integrate well into European society and lead a successful life here. As a matter of fact, I read an article a few days ago that said 84% of muslims in Amsterdam and 74% of muslims in Rotterdam (= the two largest cities) feel very much at home in the Netherlands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
What makes you think this is not the EXACT same issue that the U.S. has with certain immigrants (like illegal Mexicans) and ethnic minorities? Nothing to do with race. LOL, that's funny.
There's a great difference between immigration from Mexico and immigration from e.g. Morroco. Mexicans are Christian or have Christian-based values and they speak an Indo-European language. Furthermore, since they border on the USA they are much more familiar with American culture than are Morrocons who move to continental European countries. The USA is far more heterogeneous than Europe, its society is built by immigrants and most ethnicities are represented in American society so new immigrants will generally find it much easier to "feel at home" there. Europe has far more distinct national cultures and new, non-Western immigrants are usually not familiar with the languages and customs of continental European cultures, so they have more difficulties integrating. The culture-clash is just much bigger. I don't think this is surprising and I don't see how this would reflect badly on Europeans. It's entirely normal for 99% of countries in the world. If a German would choose to move to Pakistan, he is also expected to learn the local language and respect the local customs so why wouldn't the same be required vice-versa?

Old 09-19-2011, 03:55 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,535,852 times
Quote:
The situation of the US is completly different most of their black people are just african americans who are part of the mainstream american culture and who have been for centuries there being as american as your white/caucasian people...
You obviously have no idea as to the complexity of American culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe