Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 04:27 PM

398 posts, read 629,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by namegoeshere View Post
Yes, it is illegal and the penalty for ignoring the ban is either a fine or prison up to three years. Scientific or historical use (and some sorts of artistical use) are exempt from that ban. Religious use (the swastika in Hinduism, for example) is exempt from the ban, too.
You could have figured that out yourself by using Google or Wikipedia directly. Takes less than 20 seconds.

Swastika - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Strafgesetzbuch section 86a - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You should reconsider the meaning of the expression 'thought crime'. Hint: It has something to do with 'thought'.
no i wont. i feel anyone should be able to express any idea they want without government intervention. but if Germany favors policies that endorse making thoughts crimes that is their choice i chose not to live in Germany

Old 05-01-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
It has nothing to do with PC! Its a symbol of evil, violence and genocide associated with the Nazi movement.
ok fine its a symbol of hate and violence. this does not mean people should be able to make ideals, thoughts, philosophy, or symbols illegal.
i certainly do not want to reside in a place that thinks it can dictate what people think a place that rigid to me is FASCIST, CONTROLLING AND JUST A TAD BUT NAZI like.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
agreed this has nothing to do with being PC
first look up definitions of what POLITICALLY CORRECTNESS means.
its origins are within fascist marxist philosophy

Old 05-01-2012, 04:39 PM

837 posts, read 1,287,520 times
Not only it's illegal to display the Nazi flag, it's ilegal to sing the Nazi anthem or give the Nazi salute.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:06 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,487,090 times
Thumbs down Completely

Quote:
Originally Posted by blan View Post
no i wont. i feel anyone should be able to express any idea they want without government intervention. but if Germany favors policies that endorse making thoughts crimes that is their choice i chose not to live in Germany
Clueless

Old 05-01-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
Clueless
are you really clueless?

Old 05-01-2012, 06:12 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,487,090 times
Default Nice try

Quote:
are you really clueless?
You are.

You can worship the Nazis anywhere you like. In your bathroom, or in your bedroom, maybe even the kitchen on the stove. Nazi dance on the stove. You can choose. It's all up to you. You pick.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
You are.

You can worship the Nazis anywhere you like. In your bathroom, or in your bedroom, maybe even the kitchen on the stove. Nazi dance on the stove. You can choose. It's all up to you. You pick.
who said i worship nazis? i have no affection for the Nazis i never stated that in fact i dislike world views that dictate concepts like censorship, oppression and condemnation of individuals and groups for expressing their beliefs and opinions. do you see where i am going with this? or are you CLUELESS?

Old 05-01-2012, 07:51 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,984,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Is it illegal to put up the Nazi flag outside the house? It would be similar to flying the confederate flag in the United States, especially in the Southeast portion.
There is no comparison with the confederate flag and the Nazi flag. The confederates never committed genocide. Not all black people were slaves in the south. The type of slavery practised by the Nazis and confederates were different too. The Nazis wanted the slaves to work for awhile and stave them to death or eventually kill them. The Confederates never wanted to kill them off and just keep the blacks as slaves for the rest of their lives.

It is illegal to display the nazi flag in Germany, as well as Austria and some other European nations. In addition nazi tattoos are illegal in Germany if the tattoo is exposed for the public to see. It is also illegal to give the nazi salute as well over there.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:04 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
This is not the first time Germany has criminalized the free expression of thoughts and ideas. They did it in the 30s-40s, too. How ironic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe