Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2012, 01:40 PM

231 posts, read 507,023 times

Advertisements

Because those Italians live very well thanks to their supposed "Germanophilia". If they did not play their fake germanic card as rabid poddles, they would not receive a penny from Rome.

Even German papers accuse them of being "cry babys", because they live much better and with much more autonomy that Austrian tyrolese,

Old 09-04-2012, 10:38 PM

1,192 posts, read 3,487,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquemation View Post
Because those Italians live very well thanks to their supposed "Germanophilia". If they did not play their fake germanic card as rabid poddles, they would not receive a penny from Rome.

Even German papers accuse them of being "cry babys", because they live much better and with much more autonomy that Austrian tyrolese,
That's interesting. So are you saying that the Tyrolese on the Austrian side don't really consider themselves Austrian but Tyrolese. Do Tyrolese have strong nationalistic tendancies similar to the Kurds who want their own country - not just spread across other countries' borders?

Old 09-05-2012, 03:20 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,888,714 times
1. Sweden (yes, Sweden is as Germanic as Scandinavian, it's the oldest purely Germanic country, whose language evolved diferrently to Hochdeutsch (exceptthe Sami or Laps)
2. Netherlands -Dutch is a form of Plattdeutsch)
3. Dutch speaking north of Belgium
4. German speaking east of Belgium
5. Luxembourg/ Letzebürg
6. Germany
7. Austria
8. Schwyzerdüütsch speaking Switzerland
9. Liechtenstein
10. Sütyrol/ Alto Adige (north Italy)
I hesitated to add Alsace/ Moselle departments in NE France, I didn't because the German cultural influence has been reduced to almost nothing there since WW2, only old people still speak their German dialect .
Besides they are tiny German speaking minorities (mainly old people) in Poland, Russia, Romania, Kazakhstan, Serbia
There are a lot of Menonnites communities in the US Middle West and Canadian Great Plains and even in Central America, they are pure blood Germanic and use middle age German.
I believe the Germans and German language are more widely used in Mallorca , or the Canary islands, or some cities in southern Brazil (Blumenau) or the former colony of Namibia/Southwest Africa
I know that there are also a lot of German immigrants in Chile (one of them is well-known : Margot Honecker -lol-), Argentina, Paraguay
All in all there IS STILL a pure Germanic component in many nations!

Old 09-05-2012, 03:34 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,888,714 times
The people have remained virulently German for nearly 100 years. Still signs in German, people speaking German, still not liking ethnic Italians, - they embraced me because of my German name and blood (even though I'm American) more than their fellow Italian citizens! They still hunger to be re-united in The Fatherland. Italy better hope that a new Hitler doesn't arise in Austria 'cause S. Tirol will be gone in a flash.

Agreed, but the Brenner border is a joke, it created an artificial division between North and South Tyrol (like in the Caucasus the border between North and South Ossetia drawn by Stalin, fortunately the South Ossetians have reacted and freed themselves from the Georgian yoke), if the Austrians had cojones, tehy would ask a review of the 1919 treaty that "offered" that region to the then kingdom of Italy. But both countries are in the EU where the internal borders have lost the importance they had in the past, so it won't happen.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:36 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,789,937 times
It's better to say one lives in Italy rather than in Austria, anyway
Especially with some Americans. When you say you are from Italy, they say wow, great etc.
When you say you are from Austria they also say wow, great, etc. - until they start talking about how cute koalas and kangaroos are and you feel the need to tell them Austria is not Australia

Old 09-05-2012, 05:09 AM

9 posts, read 8,809 times
And they live better as Italians than as Austrians. They are just a folkloric attraction and attract a lot of tourists and have more self-government that if they were Austrians. And again, there is a confusion between Germanic language and race. Tyrolese are a very ancient Alpine people, Rhaetians, not related at all with Scandinavians or with haplotypes related with ancient Germans. If fact, they are related closely with Ötzzie, the frozen man. Their ancient language was similar to Etruscan, was quite divergent. It was not until the 7th and 8th Century that parts of Tyrol became part of ancient Bavaria and Alamannia. Tyrolese have a romanesque language of their own.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:45 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,407,197 times
Quote:
If you repeat a lie many times, people are bound to start believing it.

The person that coined this phrase knew quite a lot about Germany.
This guy is off his rocker. Check his other posts. Posters here should ignore him, which is easy enough, because he posts almost solely on race based threads. He hates Germans, and this nattering on with the political agenda of dispossessing Germans of their genetic heritage is anti-German hate speech. Period. It's extremely offensive to the large Population of German Americans who, by the way, comprised the bulk of the American fighting force in WWII.

To prove my point, check out this recent hateful quote of his in a now closed thread:

Quote:
Don't loose your time. Germans have no criterion. Americans taught them to be good, not to burn gays, not to be gun nuts, not to be anarchists, not to burn and shoot different people...and Germans assimilated American orders and now are more democrats and Americans that Americans...They even dare to teach democracy lessons to America or to other long standing democracies.

The problem lies somewhere in the future, somebody will come and reprogram their software. They just obey orders.
He hates Germans so much, and has such a low tolerance for what constitutes acceptable revisionism in his mind, that he claims that Americans are responsible for German thought and culture. To state this demonstrates an embarrassing lack of knowledge of German thought and culture, and it's context in history as well as it's influence on the modern west. Then he goes on to spew hate speech that generalizes all Germans as order-obeying automotons, which again validates the critique of his ridiculous cultural-historical revisionsim and, two, demonstrates outright hate for everything and everyone German.

Most abhorrently, his opinions are thinly veiled anti-European communist drivel, essentially hinting at the fact that he doesn't believe in the right of Germans to hold any political power as an indigenous population and, undoubtedly, that by extension all indigenous Europeans lack the right to political power on the basis of their historical presence or evolution as indigenous populations.

Really, he could have saved everyone a lot of reading time, and instead of beating around the bush with this ridiculous revisionism, just came out and stated his communist politics (especially as they pertain to Germans and Germany).

Tell us, Torquemation, what is your ethnicity and genetic heritage?

Here's some more of his racist hate speech, just for fun:

Quote:
You are too proud considering you come from a country fabricated by Americans, that owes his existence to America. Americans are like that, they were not manufactured like Germans. Germans are not mature, and really, the fact that they are controlled nowdays does not mean they have changed a bit.

How could you say that Germans are wiser and modern, when in fact they have no personality. They are programmed machines that will go crazy any day, just like they have done during the last century.
However, you can be assured that he will come back and claim that he doesn't believe in race. Of course, this only applies when he isn't generalizing Germans (despite their Americanization), as he beleives that their barbarism is a racial quality (whilst denying his own racism). See how rhetorically confused communists are, and how muddled thier politics get, out of necessity when attempting to politically segregate and delegitimize a people at the same time? Such self-contradicting nonsense is nothing but noise in the signal. If the moderators aren't going to censure him for hate speech and racism, which they should, than other users will be better off to ignore him.

Last edited by golgi1; 09-08-2012 at 09:12 PM..

Old 09-08-2012, 09:14 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,493,528 times
Lightbulb Raises his hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Tell us, Torquemation, what is your ethnicity and genetic heritage?
Hint: They are getting and taking money from the Germans.

Spoiler

Quote:

Illegal immigrants are more important that legal ones. There are a couple or three millions of illegal immigrants in Spain, and without them we would not have agricultural produce, construction workers. maids, people taking care of old people.

So, there's a hypocrite, forked-tongue speech by many populist politicians against illegal immigration, but it's a false debate, because people that really matter want a large reservoirs of workers with no rights, no social security, etc.

Yes, I know, it's very bad, evil, bla, bla...but illegal immigrants are needed.

If they weren't needed, you can bet your mother in law that they would not be in your contry or in Spain...It's quite curious here, there's an OFFICIAL unemployment rate of 25% but all illegal and foreign workers have jobs....

https://www.city-data.com/forum/europ...e-spain-4.html

Spoiler
Quote:
"South Bay Native" Where is that?
Med beaches are a big piece of sh,it, how do I know? I'm from a med beach.
Right now, we can still bathe during two weeks more (Spain), the rest of the year, forget about it.
That's why people move to the tropics.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/europ...l#post25942067

Last edited by Glucorious; 09-08-2012 at 09:25 PM.. Reason: SPOILER ALERT

Old 09-09-2012, 03:43 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,994,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamba_boy View Post
Good catch on northern Italy. I visited this area last year and the province of the South Tyrol, Italy was one of the most Germanic places I've ever seen - and I've been to Norway, Germany, and Austria. Signs in German, everybody speaking German, architecture Germanic, beer Germanic, food Germanic, Alpine "Heidi" scenery - not warm mediterranean climate but cold. It was part of Austria and carved off as victor's spoils to Italy (in WWI on the allied side) after the German Kaiser/Austro-H. Emporor/Turkish Sultan got their imperial butts whipped.

The people have remained virulently German for nearly 100 years. Still signs in German, people speaking German, still not liking ethnic Italians, - they embraced me because of my German name and blood (even though I'm American) more than their fellow Italian citizens! They still hunger to be re-united in The Fatherland. Italy better hope that a new Hitler doesn't arise in Austria 'cause S. Tirol will be gone in a flash.
I met a few people from south Tyrol. It is unlikely that south Tyrol would be reunited with Austria these days. There is not much point as Austria and Italy is in the EU. Since Austria has entered the EU the borders between South Tyrol and Austria have largely disappeared. In addition Austria has cultural links to South Tyrol and the situation is not as tense as it was over 40 years ago.

At least the German speaking minority was allowed to remain in that region and not expelled as what happened in Poland, Czechsolvia and the former German province of EAst Prussia where the German speaking minorities were expelled at the end of World War 2.

In addition South Tyrol is part of Italy richest region. Its main university which is Free University of Bolzano/Bozen’ is a trilingual university for German, Italian and English speakers

http://www.unibz.it/en/public/university/default.html

Last edited by other99; 09-09-2012 at 03:59 AM..

Old 09-09-2012, 04:48 AM

272 posts, read 908,557 times
Other

EU is not interested in any kind of separatism, seccessionism, etc. Brussels expressed it quite clear recently in the Basque case. The current trend is towards unification. And yes, south Tyrol is the richest part of Italy and they are probably much richer (I don't know) than the Austrian part.

The only reason that I would understand for a reunification with Austria would be taxes, for example, many wealthy French are becoming Belgians and then taking residence in Monaco for tax purposes, but I do not think that Austria has lower taxes.

Last edited by Pizarro; 09-09-2012 at 05:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe