Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 11:57 PM

3,102 posts, read 5,618,246 times

Advertisements

Speaking about the quality of the Western eating very much all the possible artificial additives such as E with a different index, they are artificial and are very harmful to man, in the USSR of such artificial additives have learnt only from the West. In the USSR all the production of the maximum was natural

Old 10-01-2012, 11:57 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,797,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Only explain now why in the USSR were organized such things that no one today is not able to produce? The USSR passed in the scientific and technical sense of America at the time. And today, many of the technologies that use this technology 20-40 years ago, but today they are new, explain why their West has not created 40 years ago? how did the USSR. Селиконовая valley, who promoted it, why Boeing and Аэрбас more than half of engineering solutions makes in Russia? About this you can look at the website of the Boeing or Аэрбас. Computers in America nebylo, such as they were in the USSR. But America believed that in the USSR, their no. But we launched the moon-stroke who ruled from the earth (Which NASA considered impossible) Shuttle Buran he is technically the most complicated object so far. He is in the automatic mode flew into Space and back. The fact that he himself flew and sat down on the ground, leaned all less than a meter, because of the strong wind. It was created more than1000 of new technologies. America still of the prophet Jeremiah cannot sits down on the ground, constantly drive-by.(landing on water) Helicopter was the best American is the current, before we have created C50 and K52. The submarine with the Typhoon you have created only later 25 years. Europe is a big plane only after 20 years. And after that, you assert that the technology was old.
Karast, I wish I could argue with you but I can't really understand you...

Old 10-02-2012, 12:04 AM

Quote:
The quality was more than excellent. You are very much mistaken. If you don't believe me you can ask those who lived in the USSR, instead of reading delusional article. You think that in the USSR there were Shops and called Birch trees? When and where was this one 2 shop is not the network. If you talk about the dry law, do not confuse these things and don't need to remove them out of context.
Karast I was there. I ate in dirty Soviet restaurants and tried Soviet food: meats, chese, bread, beer that was available to general population and I know that it would never make it to American stores. It was subpar.
Like I said, because Soviet people could not travel to other countries many believed that this is the norm. These who had access to Beriozka for obvious reasons kept quiet. There is a reason why regular people could not even come in to look around.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:05 AM

26,788 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
You know how in the Soviet Union was Liqueur - vodka factories, and sweets such as Factories Red October and rot-Front is still Very highly valued abroad. You evidently think useful literature which is not the objective. Do you know how many Wines were produced and brandies in the USSR? Chocolates are all possible was very much Cheese as well have been made in Russia very much and is made from 18-th century.About it you can ask erasure
Oh god...don't refer Rebel to me pls..
His knowledge is usually quite superficial, he is usually making conclusions on a basis of two facts, instead of three or four that are needed to be taken in consideration.
So there are couple of different issues going on here; one is a shortage of products in the Soviet Union another one - the quality.
Now the further back you go to the 60ies, the better was the quality ( and quantity by the way.)
Some things (chocolate, sweets and bread in particular) remained unchanged until the last days, but were more and more difficult to find, some were of horrid quality, and those were easier to find.
Now speaking about quality of good products ( some of which as you've mentioned had the recipe still from pre-revolutionary times...) well how comparable it was to European products?
I'd say very comparable, just the packaging was awful for the most part ( if you can call a piece of grey paper for wrapper "packaging" that is..) So of course "Beryozka" stuff in colorful packaging looked much more sophisticated and appealing, where the food itself was not necessarily all that better.
It's another thing when all that good quality stuff disappeared and the serious shortages of food began in the early 80ies, then "Beryozka" things already had a different meaning.
Now the second splash of good quality food ( meat specialties in particular) came very unexpectedly at the second part of the eighties, when some private initiative was allowed ( I am talking co-ops,) and the old recipes from older times sprang all of a sudden to life. ( The pricing was very different of course comparably to the 70ies.) Again - very comparable to European foods, and definitely much better than American food in the same category.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:08 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,618,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Karast, I wish I could argue with you but I can't really understand you...
You really do not want to understand, and believe in the fact that the food was of a very high quality. But you start argue, and think that I'm propaganda. This is not so. Manger I am to you is not objective ask others to once lived. I came to this forum to learn about all of you and tell you how to live with us, instead of to listen to and analyze, you start arguing and pointing at those things about which you know only in the Newspapers.
If you say that the products of American, buy it so difficult to understand why? Of course it was interesting how there other people have a natural interest of any person in the same happened in America, if you don't know about it. But later people understood what's what. The American products, stored for a long time but artificial. Today, if I buy an American ham and even some of the current Russian which produce according to your technology, if you eat the rubber, no taste at all. If it is a Russian products and manufactured by the Soviet technologies and their Guests that this is a very tasty and useful food. Until now the products of Russian where there is a quality mark on the package as it was in the USSR sold out very quickly

Old 10-02-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
You really do not want to understand, and believe in the fact that the food was of a very high quality. But you start argue, and think that I'm propaganda. This is not so. Manger I am to you is not objective ask others to once lived. I came to this forum to learn about all of you and tell you how to live with us, instead of to listen to and analyze, you start arguing and pointing at those things about which you know only in the Newspapers.
If you say that the products of American, buy it so difficult to understand why? Of course it was interesting how there other people have a natural interest of any person in the same happened in America, if you don't know about it. But later people understood what's what. The American products, stored for a long time but artificial. Today, if I buy an American ham and even some of the current Russian which produce according to your technology, if you eat the rubber, no taste at all. If it is a Russian products and manufactured by the Soviet technologies and their Guests that this is a very tasty and useful food. Until now the products of Russian where there is a quality mark on the package as it was in the USSR sold out very quickly
Well yes, American food is too blend and it has artificial taste that Russians are not used to.
And I'm sure Americans would be very picky about Russian food as well.

( But I have to admit, that sometimes I refer to American sweets as "sweets of Soviet quality" - meaning the worst type of it)))

Old 10-02-2012, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Oh god...don't refer Rebel to me pls..
His knowledge is usually quite superficial, he is usually making conclusions on a basis of two facts, instead of three or four that are needed to be taken in consideration.
So there are couple of different issues going on here; one is a shortage of products in the Soviet Union another one - the quality.
Now the further back you go to the 60ies, the better was the quality ( and quantity by the way.)
Some things (chocolate, sweets and bread in particular) remained unchanged until the last days, but were more and more difficult to find, some were of horrid quality, and those were easier to find.
Now speaking about quality of good products ( some of which as you've mentioned had the recipe still from pre-revolutionary times...) well how comparable it was to European products?
I'd say very comparable, just the packaging was awful for the most part ( if you can call a piece of grey paper for wrapper "packaging" that is..) So of course "Beryozka" stuff in colorful packaging looked much more sophisticated and appealing, where the food itself was not necessarily all that better.
It's another thing when all that good quality stuff disappeared and the serious shortages of food began in the early 80ies, then "Beryozka" things already had a different meaning.
Now the second splash of good quality food ( meat specialties in particular) came very unexpectedly at the second part of the eighties, when some private initiative was allowed ( I am talking co-ops,) and the old recipes from older times sprang all of a sudden to life. ( The pricing was very different of course comparably to the 70ies.) Again - very comparable to European foods, and definitely much better than American food in the same category.
There was nothing comparable between quality of food in Soviet Union and qulaity of food in Western Europe. French bread or cheese recipies or German meat recipies were way older than Russian revolution, probably older than Russian recipes.
I always wondered how Soviet Union managed to turn everything into a colorless, shapeless and tasteless blob, but than I was enligtened by one Russians who explained to us that in Soviet Union simply nobody cared if it tasted good or not, looked good or bad. What was more important was the fact that the factory reached its objective of producing so many and so many pounds of whatever it was producing. Quality was never a priority. Looking at most Soviet products it seemed like quality was a foreign concept to Soviet people.

Capitalism is based on competition, when there is no competition there is no incentive to innovate and improve. There was no competition in Soviet Union.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
There was nothing comparable between quality of food in Soviet Union and qulaity of food in Western Europe.
Nothing that YOU know of.

Quote:
French bread or cheese recipies or German meat recipies were way older than Russian revolution, probably older than Russian recipes.
What difference does it make? I still prefer Russian bread to French bread any time. ( they don't even know what good black rye bread is.)

Quote:
Capitalism is based on competition, when there is no competition there is no incentive to innovate and improve. There was no competition in Soviet Union.
There is one more thing that you forget about capitalism - that it's oriented for profit and in order to have as much profit as possible, it has tendency to cut corners and to compromise quality, when it's going corporate. America ( and particularly when it's coming to American quality of food) is a good example of it.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Karast I appreaciate your effort but I have been to Soviet Union quite a few times and now have Russian friends living here in America. I know enough about Russia and don't need someone to explain to me anything. I have see what I have seen.

As far as American ham that you buy in Russia today I am pretty sure that it takes like cardboard, I would be suprised if with the difference in average income between Russia and the US, the best US products ever made it to Russia. I am pretty sure most things that are imported to Russia are of rather shoddy quality for the same exact reason.

There are many types and brands of ham in America and some are worse and some are better. It is your choice to buy the onese you like. And if not there are plenty of European and South American products you can chose from. Again, thanks so much for your effort but I think I know enough about Russia as it is. Cпосuбо!

Last edited by rebel12; 10-02-2012 at 01:16 AM..

Old 10-02-2012, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Nothing that YOU know of.
Wow. What a powerful argument

Quote:
What difference does it make? I still prefer Russian bread to French bread any time. ( they don't even know what good black rye bread is.)
And what difference does it make what is your preference? My favorite is Italian semolina bread and I am not Italian.

Quote:
There is one more thing that you forget about capitalism - that it's oriented for profit and in order to have as much profit as possible, it has tendency to cut corners and to compromise quality, when it's going corporate. America ( and particularly when it's coming to American quality of food) is a good example of it.
Its funny when humanists talk about economics

Capitalism does not cut corners, this was Communism that was famous for it. Just look at Russian cars, submarines or nuclear reactors.
Capitalism always looks for improvements in efficiency: how to make things cheaper to produce. Why? Because companies compete on quality but also on price. Does quality suffer in the process? I don't think so. Competition still forces individual companies to constantly improve quality of their products just to stay competitive. Competition forces improvement so cars, computers, electronics and all other products are getting better and better, better and better...

Last edited by rebel12; 10-02-2012 at 01:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe