Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2014, 01:47 PM

1,523 posts, read 2,867,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florian73 View Post
There are also some jokes about cowardly French in the german media. I guess those jokes came directly from the U.S. to Germany. I am not sure, but I guess most Germans, at least the older ones, would say that the Americans are the most cowardly people. My father fought in Russia in WWII. He always said that the Russians are very brave soldiers, whereas the U.S. soldiers always need air support to capture a position, even when it's only a small farm. But I think if air support is available, than it's smart to take advantage of it.

If we consider the youth of different countries, it seems to be that the U.S. youth is the most dependent in the western world. In an international tent camp, 20 years ago, the U.S. teenagers had quickly the reputation for being sissies. We called them "softeggs" because that the literally translation of the german word "Weicheier". We were young and didn't know the correct translation (wussies or sissies). 11 and 12 years old belgium girls were tougher than 14 and 15 years old U.S. boys. It was very funny. I don't think that the parenting in the U.S. will lead to brave men and women. I am sure that the average french people is more courageous than the average American. America the brave? Not really.
You couldnt resist could you?

Old 06-04-2014, 07:27 AM

2,737 posts, read 3,167,939 times
Beating the Retreat an annual event in London (on June the 11th and 12th this year) will this year see British Military Bands joined by The Troupe de Marine Band and Band of the Legion d’Etrangere (Foreign Legion) from France and the Vancouver Police Pipe Band from Canada.

Beating Retreat - Ceremonial Events - The Household Division - Official site

Beating Retreat is set to be even more spectacular for 2014

Old 06-08-2014, 10:59 AM

59 posts, read 72,944 times
About the French being cowardly, not at all true , but there are ill effects of lack of true free speech ,hypocrisy ,and suppression of open dialogue from the 'liberal left',has made cowards of many French who are now afraid to break the taboos built up since the revolution ,or rather 1905 .
French people cannot talk about their beliefs as can Americans or even Irish,and there has been a left atheist agenda in public schools for générations ,which is profoundly intolerant.This combined with so many wars,revolutions has made open free speech impossible ,from both sides.
Amerika is the Queen of the internet,and has promoted freedom of expression when others have not. So, thankyou to Americans who still have a unique place in history,not in policing the world,but by teaching the world how to be civilised and 'free' in their minds.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:53 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,891,779 times
It's fun considering that 90 % of Americans I spoke to complain (rightly) about the politically correct attitude in their country.

Old 06-09-2014, 11:11 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,351,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTherese View Post
Amerika is the Queen of the internet,and has promoted freedom of expression when others have not. So, thankyou to Americans who still have a unique place in history,not in policing the world,but by teaching the world how to be civilised and 'free' in their minds.
****, ****, *******, ****, ...

Arghs... I guess the forum software couldn't handle the freedom Funnily enough, "sh@t" is a big no-no here, but "Sieg Heil!" seems to be just fine...

Last edited by viribusunitis; 06-09-2014 at 11:26 AM..

Old 06-10-2014, 04:01 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,840,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
****, ****, *******, ****, ...

Arghs... I guess the forum software couldn't handle the freedom Funnily enough, "sh@t" is a big no-no here, but "Sieg Heil!" seems to be just fine...
And racist about some cities as well. Pula is a big no-no, but Zadar is quite ok.

Maybe the citizens of Pola hate freedom and liberty so they must be silenced.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:15 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,351,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
And racist about some cities as well. Pula is a big no-no, but Zadar is quite ok.

Maybe the citizens of Pola hate freedom and liberty so they must be silenced.
Well, censoring Pula just reaffirms my view, that they just didn't get over WW1...

Old 07-03-2014, 05:35 AM

6 posts, read 4,869 times
Default French Cowards? Examine Yourself First!

This is probably the biggest crock of **** I have ever heard out of all American spewed stereotypes. I believed it all my life, too; then I became a man and learned to see the propaganda. i'll explain the propaganda at the end. It took my me 30yrs.

The truth is most Americans are *******, even some in our military. I find it hard to knock my force, but I am telling you I have seen it. I would like them to join the French Legionnairres for a paycheck or ticket for a bs degree in gender studies at community college and see if they are still men. Every American should do some service, btw.; that is, if we want to survive as a unit. I'm not hating on our military btw. We have a damn good honorable one I think. We have strong institutions. Take the point.

But as a whole, Americans are cowards for not defending their culture and having politicians willing to sell out the soul of the country for a new voting bloc. Same goes for business groups. Whats the point of having a military or a country if one day a different voting bloc will affect our way of life that might not be what we expected or wanted. Our immediate destiny should be in our control as people rulers. That's what makes us special. Thats' my choice and yours as Americans. Giving it up is cowardly or stupid, but I say cowardly bc most people don't have the balls to pipe up and defend it since they think its racist.

So to the point: Would you have put France up for annihaltion just so some ignorant American (who probably has no heritage linked to the war) would have just a tad more respect for you? If an American had a link he is marginalized now. Or, would you,.... after a brutal WWI just give in and hope for the best? Thats what I think happened. Kraut:1 Frog:0 What if you were an old man in charge and unprepared while the enemy was plotting and more strategically advanced? What would you do? Were the italians and Spanairds cowards? YES What about all the other countries that gave in by signature?
Ask yourself what you would have done? Was it COURAGEOUS for Japan to have 2 atom bombs dropped? Is that honor or is that just flat out stupid? I appreciate Russia's defense, but am convinced that climate has protected those poor souls than anything? See France's Napoleon...And dont give me **** he was from Corsica. Hitler was not German, he was Austrian.

Would you tug on superman's cape? Do you spit in the wind? Petain went down hard and it is a treu heartbreaker. A tragedy. He took it though and died in prison. France is our ally despite their arrogance and anti-Americanism. All the European powers are anti-American btw. England used to be our arch enemy. I can tell you where the French have been extraordanrily brilliant in the US and western civ perspective. Read about Lafayette who made American possible and contributed to founding docs. More importanly check out Charles Martel who saved the west from arabs.

The reason why the US spews this bigotry is bc the French have been nasty. They were humiliated in WW2. Its an ego blow esp when the savior comes in at the end from their perspective I would dare say. The French also frequently oppose US efforts overseas with their international pull. That pisses the US off. But they were right on Iraq and they were right on Vietnam. They were also right that French fries are not French, they are Belgian. Do you think Israel has balls by using high tech weapons against their subjects?

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilbert_du_Motier,_Marquis_de_Lafayette]Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Martel]Charles Martel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]

Old 07-03-2014, 10:10 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,741,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post

1-America did not ask for a statue.
Start a petition to send it back. Postage paid by the U.S. of A.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:10 AM

2,737 posts, read 3,167,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Start a petition to send it back. Postage paid by the U.S. of A.
I think the Statue of Liberty would look very nice in the South of France.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.