Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2015, 04:35 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
what I don't really understand is, why we still have the West-East differences.
Is it just historical, fuelled by rhetorics, parades, history speeches
or is there some fundamental conflict about resources, colonies, races,
influence in the world - whatever ?
It's one group of elite squaring off against another for power. Many people need to justify their jobs, generals and the like. Politicians need a cause. Investors need profit.

It's been that way for 1000s of years. When you have elites unaccountable to the people it happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 02:59 AM

235 posts, read 211,312 times
Default Ukraine died

Here bright example of the Ukrainian propaganda.

The journalist says that in Russia there came hunger, bread, milk was gone, and people eat fish waste....

And an inscription on shop - "Red caviar"

Old 05-18-2015, 09:01 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
German state TV not buying what Poroshenko is selling

German state TV not buying what Poroshenko is selling - Fort Russ

Old 05-19-2015, 06:36 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Dissolve NATO - RT.

I really think that NATO is the biggest mess on the floor in all of this. It's Americas occupation force in Europe propped up largely by US tax dollars and supported by a bunch of fat generals in Brussels and corrupt politicians throughout Europe. Most Eastern European states can't even fulfill their 2% monetary obligation to it. The main reasoning you don't hear for a NATO presence in the Baltic States is monetary. Added revenue brought by NATO infrastructure and troops will help out the economies of the countries.

The powerful people of Europe and America do not value peace, they value profit and expansion of their opportunities. Nothing else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=33&v=_LpFYULfKU0

Old 05-20-2015, 07:15 AM

238 posts, read 198,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I only understand that Mozgovoy is a very "left"-oriented" person ( very vocally so,) and that he attracts the left-wing movement on international level. I still don't understand who/what Plotnitskiy is all about, and why LNR never made an attempt to unite with DNR. ( Although when I was watching a lenghty sparring once between Strelkov and Starikov, Strelkov made a very clear hint that it was Kremlin ( Surkov in particular) to prevent this unification.
I like Zakharchenko though. He comes across as a decent, caring and reasonable person as much as Tzarev. It would have been nice if Russia would have been run by this kind of people. ( Putin of course is from a totally different mold - both Zakharchenko and Tzarev can't not to understand it, but they bound by their dependecy on Russia and Putin, unfortunately the way I see it...)

But anyway, this is Alchevsk on Victory day.
D. M. ( I'll give you a link to her FB page if you want) who is a member of "United Communist Party" ( don't know much about it) and who was there during the events, mentioned that 16 countries were represented there, ( Ukraine including by the way.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHxBwJvrGig

Local population looks as enthusiastic as in Donetsk.
I have no idea who is Plotnitsky also, but the same is with Alexandr Zaharchenko, year ago was the first time when I heard about him, though we have common friends. But Zaharchenko seems making more for people and tries to make our lives easier. I heard not much good about Plotnitskiy at the same time. Well maybe they have a reason not to unite with us. Anyway if people here and there will want this, we will find better time to unite our respublics.
To be honest, I had very-very big doubts about Alexandr Zacharchenko in the beginning, but he really does a lot for people. I want to believe that he really was a good choice.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:47 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Lose The Territory, Win The War

Lose The Territory, Win The War | Johnson's Russia List

Old 05-20-2015, 12:53 PM

28 posts, read 20,596 times
The Ukrainian army and the Ukrainian government is killing the residents of Donbass(18+)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=wMjvqXOFtqg

Old 05-20-2015, 01:23 PM

Ukrainian army shelled residential areas of Donetsk (02 may 2015)
Attached Thumbnails
The future of Ukraine-8yuutra27wo.jpg   The future of Ukraine-blavkn48t9o.jpg   The future of Ukraine-c7pd3xi5mxg.jpg   The future of Ukraine-fk2jyohx274.jpg   The future of Ukraine-mlwjfu5piug.jpg  

The future of Ukraine-ptzz0f3m_rs.jpg   The future of Ukraine-x0mq47ym2zy.jpg   The future of Ukraine-zmbeaqiyna4.jpg   The future of Ukraine-um13pbslqpc.jpg   The future of Ukraine-rirbewmkk7s.jpg  

Old 05-20-2015, 01:31 PM

Summary fighting (21.05.2015)

21:35 partial supply of electricity restored. The threat of attack remains! Everyone is in hiding.

21:30 In Gorlovka has lost power.

21:25 Dzerzhinsk, heard explosions and shooting.

21:16 The Ukrainian Army began shelling the Western outskirts of Gorlovka from n of the item Noises and Dzerzhinsk.

21:05 In the direction of Dzerzhinsk is a local fight. Shooting is heard in the Deep area of the Mine. The local militia (Gorlovka) participation in it does not accept.

20:30 Happens tank shelling of Gorlovka by the Mayorsk.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:48 PM

Remember!!! If you see on the screen of your TV the peaceful sky of Donetsk, then you know at night the Ukrainian army kills civilians in Donbass and to do this, use prohibited military equipment, which had to be withdrawn from the separation line.
P. S. Separately for people of Europe! Try to look for alternative sources of information. So you will be more informed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe