Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2014, 09:59 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,249,539 times

Advertisements

My grandfather was a medical doctor during WW2 at the frontline. What he saw during that time shaped his life forever.

Like so many others.

He died way too young after the war. I have a picture of a green North State cig pack in my profile, the brand he used to smoke.

To his memory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 10:20 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Johan Bäckman is not a political figure and nothing more but a joke here. He is a persona non grata in the Baltics, because of his beliefs that the Baltic States don't deserve to be independent. He's an agitatior, who got some 500 votes in the last elections. He also participated as an observer in the Crimean "rjeferendum", though mentioned as a Bulgarian.

Bäckman is frequently referred to in the Russian media because his pro Russian imperialist opinions, and as an academic he had some "credibility", but he was kicked out from the University of Helsinki. Only tin foil hats believe in him.

A town fool he is.
I don't care who Johan Bäckman is and your opinion about him. I have never heard this name before.
But the fascist estonian legion is the historical fact. And today estonians are honouring them like the national heroes. Disgrace to Estonia!!!

Old 08-29-2014, 11:25 PM

2,308 posts, read 3,458,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I live near where there is some student flats, and people usually linger around the corner store. Today, there was a group who I think spoke Russian, and returning home I raised my fist from a safe distance and shouted "SLAVA UKRAINI", and they responded "HEROYAM SLAVA". Every single one. I said "thank you" in English and walked home.

Warms my heart.

Maidan fought against the power of the oligarchs, who have remained in power and carry out a punitive war against its own people in the south-east of Ukraine. In fact DNR continues the act of Maidan. So "Glory to Ukraine!" - "Glory to Heroes!" and "Down with Fascism!".

Old 08-30-2014, 12:14 AM

750 posts, read 907,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Лютый View Post
war against its own people in the south-east of Ukraine. In fact DNR continues
You first define citizens of Ukraine or the DNR, but it would appear that the Russian propagandists "methodical literature" are not updated from Moscow.

Russia to build up nuke capability

Putin in hysterics led his final argument.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
You first define citizens of Ukraine or the DNR, but it would appear that the Russian propagandists "methodical literature" are not updated from Moscow.

Russia to build up nuke capability

Putin in hysterics led his final argument.

Same Ukrainians live in the south-east of Ukraine. They continue the struggle of Maidan for the life without the oligarchs, who are destroying their own people. By the way, don't you know that all the ruling elite Kiev junta are citizens of other States, and even far from Orthodoxy? They are simple puppets in hands of the Yankee. So, open your eyes and identify yourself, where you are and whom you are with.

Last edited by Лютый; 08-30-2014 at 12:49 AM..

Old 08-30-2014, 12:55 AM

750 posts, read 907,435 times
Russia destroys only those cities that support the DNR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Лютый View Post
don't you know that all the ruling elite Kiev junta are citizens of other States, and even far from Orthodoxy? They are simple puppets in hands of the Yankee. So, open your eyes and identify himself, where you are and whom you are with.
I don't know what is "junta", is it new name of the Russian Embassy?

Old 08-30-2014, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
Russia destroys only those cities that support the DNR.

I don't know what is "junta", is it new name of the Russian Embassy?
What a claptrap! You've bored me with your delirium.

Old 08-30-2014, 02:09 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,249,539 times
Russia will host the 2018 World Cup at 12 stadiums in 11 cities, including two venues in Moscow.

You've already lost it. No, WC in your country.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/a...18/506147.html

Old 08-30-2014, 02:47 AM

9,361 posts, read 14,304,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Honestly, I don't think that it was "a plan," this "back-and-and forth" approach. I believe that Putin and Co didn't have a unanimous decision, a firm plan on how to deal with whole "South East" (of Ukraine) issue. Russian society is not unanimous on this issue either.
Maybe they've been "feeling out" the western Ukrainian military response and the extent of the west's support, and vice versa the west "feeling out" the Russians for the eastern Ukrainian militias, as well as its first person effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
But I think it was obvious from the very beginning that Russia won't let go of the West without dragging it down in the bottomless pit with it, when being pushed to the edge.
No matter how much denial is out there, the two are directly related and connected if not out in the open, then by very intricate ties.
Yes, this intricate mutual encirclement has been going for at least one thousand seven hundred years, and when they dance themselves into that bottomless vortex the likes of Germanic tribes, nascent Arab Muslims, Turks, Mongols, Nazis, modern-day pirates and other quasi-government rogues, and lately this so-called ISIS fill in the vacuum to their mutual detriment.

While history does not repeat, it rhymes and unfortunately in the west right now the leaders are prosaic.

It may be worth noting that stock market prices for shares in US military companies (so-called "defense stocks") have in some cases almost doubled in the past 18 months or so.

It appears we are heading towards a scenario in which western Ukraine falls under Polish/EU/NATO/IMF domination, while the eastern provinces remain under Russian domination. Up for grabs, it seems, is the northern Black Sea territory straddling Crimea from Mariupol to Odessa. If no negotiations, then more duking it out to see who's right.

I have this image of simple shopkeepers in the center of main street with two rival mafias closing in on them from either side and they have to decide to which of the two to pay "protection" money.

Last edited by bale002; 08-30-2014 at 03:27 AM..

Old 08-30-2014, 03:58 AM

Well, I look at this whole bloody mess in Ukraine, which was created by the USA and its lackeys, and I want to return to the good old "Iron Curtain". Russia is a self-sufficient country and will live without that rotten West and its henchmen.

Last edited by Лютый; 08-30-2014 at 04:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe