Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2016, 02:10 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
Who is this peoples list on the building?
"They have gone without having become rich. Spring 1994. <Names> Thank you for your work."

This is probably the names of last workers who left the plant and the settlement.

+ I want to clarify - this is not my trip. The authors of stories and photos - known blogger Evgeny Basov.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 02:28 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,859 times
What made these people to work in such difficult conditions? They were prisoners of this concentration camp?

Old 10-18-2016, 02:45 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
What made these people to work in such difficult conditions? They were prisoners of this concentration camp?
No, it was a normal job. I think the main reason is a good salary.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:10 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
1# BS. Motorola was a mercenary and a war criminal. A ruthless opportunist who deserved death. He wasn't a soldier, he was a lowlife mercenary.
#1 Let's look up the meaning of the word "mercenary" - shall we?

adjective:
1.mercenary
(of a person or their behavior) primarily concerned with making money at the expense of ethics.
"she's nothing but a mercenary little gold digger"
synonyms: money-oriented, grasping, greedy, acquisitive, avaricious, covetous, bribable, venal, materialistic; informalmoney-grubbing
"mercenary self-interest"
noun
noun: mercenary; plural noun: mercenaries
1. a professional soldier hired to serve in a foreign army.

Arseny Pavlov ( aka Motorola) does not fit in either description ( what was the "foreign army" he went to serve?) Another thing - I am yet to see ANY Russian national hero, that did anything in the name of money.
Quote:
#2 The enemy of my enemy is my friend. The more evil Russians Pravyi Sektor kills, the better it's for me.
Kindergarten.

Last edited by erasure; 10-18-2016 at 05:26 PM..

Old 10-18-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
We are enemies? Hmm. Russians do not consider you as an enemies. But thank you honestly reported it.
I don't think that Russians living beyond the St. Pet's area remember where Finland is.
Don't pay attention at Ariete; "Russia's enemy's" economy ( i.e. Finnish economy) took a big hit because of worsening relations with Russia.
It's a strange world we live in, when the biggest enemy ( be that of Finnish or Ukrainian people) is refusing to buy dairy products from them or is discussing the price of gas with them.

Last edited by erasure; 10-18-2016 at 06:15 PM..

Old 10-18-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
#1 Let's look up the meaning of the word "mercenary" - shall we?

adjective:
1.mercenary
(of a person or their behavior) primarily concerned with making money at the expense of ethics.
"she's nothing but a mercenary little gold digger"
synonyms: money-oriented, grasping, greedy, acquisitive, avaricious, covetous, bribable, venal, materialistic; informalmoney-grubbing
"mercenary self-interest"
noun
noun: mercenary; plural noun: mercenaries
1. a professional soldier hired to serve in a foreign army.

Arseny Pavlov ( aka Motorola) does not fit in either description ( what was the "foreign army" he went to serve?) Another thing - I am yet to see ANY Russian national hero, that did anything in the name of money.
Kindergarten.
If you dont like the word "mercenary", use the "war crimina"l and "terroris"t. He killed at least 15 prisoners of war, soldiers of the armed forces of Ukraine.

This war crime has no statute of limitations. Miloshovich was convicted. And will have to turn to your imaginary heroes.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
At one time he was, and currently it is not on the database, yet no article about if he was taken off and why.

From a biased source, biased in favor of Ukraine:

https://www.kyivpost.com/article/con...st-357964.html
It looks like he was on the lnterpol list since July 2014

"As of 25 July 2014, Yarosh is wanted by Interpol for "public incitement to terrorist and extremist activities involving the use of mass media" due to a warrant that the Russian government issued.[22][23]"

Although the Interpol does not comment the reasons behind his recent removal from the list, I can only guess that his departure from the Pravy Sector to a newly-organized by him "Governmental Initiative of Yarosh (DIYA)" might be an explanation. *On your guard* however, since it looks like 20% of Pravy Sector members left with him.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:15 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Who is this peoples list on the building?
Seems like some of the last workers, or some work team that left that. I do not know if you know Russian or not, but just in case, it reads "we gone, we did not get rich, Spring 1994", then the names (most Russian, a few Ukrainian), then "thank you for work".

Old 10-18-2016, 07:31 PM

Quote:
If you dont like the word "mercenary", use the "war crimina"l and "terroris"t. He killed at least 15 prisoners of war, soldiers of the armed forces of Ukraine.

This war crime has no statute of limitations. Miloshovich was convicted. And will have to turn to your imaginary heroes.
Again - you can stick any degrading names to anyone, according to the way you feel about them, but it has no bearing whatsoever, because facts are facts.
You can call Motorola a "terrorist" all you want, since Poroshenko decided to name his atrocities towards the civil population of the Eastern part of Ukraine "Anti-Terrorist Operation," however no matter what "patriotic Ukrainians" would love the rest of the world to believe, the world already knows that it is not some "Anti -Terrorist Operation," but in fact a war. And since it's a war, the usage of such labels as "terrorist" in this war is useless, unless you label the actions of the Kiev's government bombing the civil population as "terrorist" as well.
When it comes to definition "war criminal," ( since as you said Motorola killed 15 POWs,) then Ukrainian forces are guilty of these crimes in no lesser way. ( We all know the stories when initially the DNR commandment was quite generous with Ukrainian conscripts at least, returning POWs to their parents, in good health,) but it was definitely not a case with DNR POWs, that were beaten to a pulp and murdered. So I am not surprised that the attitude of the DNR soldiers AND commandment have changed with time.
And as for the supposedly "imaginary heroes" - again, they are not "mine." Russians do not live in the imaginary world as Ukrainians lately it seems, so they have good, sound reasons to consider someone as a hero under the circumstances. There are no such heroes in Ukraine and can't be in this war, because this war indeed gives no honor to Ukraine, since it's based on dumb, nationalist sentiment.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
it reads "we gone, we did not get rich, Spring 1994"
its very sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe