Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2016, 05:49 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,163,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
What's a lot more offensive than any word is Russian aggression against Ukraine.

Any hatred Russians receive is really entirely their own doing: i.e., their invasion of Ukraine, terrorism and atrocities against Ukraine and Ukrainians.

This opinion of Ukrainian society on this matter is not too ambiguous. Ukrainians would otherwise like Russians just fine, were it not for Russian aggression, terrorism, and larceny of lands. Case in point:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_State

Even that 22% figure is likely artificially bolstered by ethnic Russians and self-described patriots of Russia who make up a similar portion of the overall population. Therefore, the opinions of actual Ukrainians are even clearer.

Maidan is really irrelevant in the matter. Not all Ukrainians were entirely positive about it, and that's a legitimate position from a Ukrainian point of view. But supporting any kind of Russian aggression or expansionism against Ukraine.. totally illegitimate from a Ukrainian perspective, and treated as such in Ukrainian society..

And of course, that 93% figure cited was from 2010 so keep in mind it's probably taken a nosedive now. What's the obvious cause? Russian aggression and terrorism against Ukraine and Ukrainians. Much worse than any "slurs" against Russians or such. So obviously, Russians have only themselves and their government to blame for the opinions Ukrainians have of them
I absolutely agree with your point of view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 06:54 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,795,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Ariete...

#1 - Motorola was not a "war lord" - he was a soldier, a very capable and talented commander at that.
He was of humble background but stepped up to a plate when Russia needed him; he was one of those many Russians that come out of nowhere, and in the moment of need turn out to be gifted mechanics, engineers and commanders. Motorola made it very clear that he was not going to be involved in politics, but just doing what soldiers do. He was loved by those around him, and the fact that Ukrainians couldn't beat him on the battle field and therefore had to murder him on his way home to his family, stirs a lot of despise and anger towards them yet again..
So it remains to be seen what will happen next.

#2. There is no "glory" to Ukraine under the banners of the "Right Sector." There is no "glory" to such Ukraine at all.
1# BS. Motorola was a mercenary and a war criminal. A ruthless opportunist who deserved death. He wasn't a soldier, he was a lowlife mercenary.

#2 The enemy of my enemy is my friend. The more evil Russians Pravyi Sektor kills, the better it's for me.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:08 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
The enemy of my enemy is my friend. The more evil Russians Pravyi Sektor kills, the better it's for me.
We are enemies? Hmm. Russians do not consider you as an enemies. But thank you honestly reported it.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:17 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,795,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
We are enemies? Hmm. Russians do not consider you as an enemies. But thank you honestly reported it.
Been for the last 1000 years.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:19 AM

Quote:
I thought we were neighbors.

Old 10-18-2016, 09:57 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times
What's that little town in the valley? And the next photo--is that an abandoned mining center?

Old 10-18-2016, 12:24 PM

37 posts, read 31,435 times
Quote:
Hmm... I don't remember so many big conflicts between Russia and Finland for the last 1000 years, exept the Winter war, I learned this war some days ago in my university and I found a Russian song of those times "Ota meidät vastaan, Suomi-kaunotar" (1939)

https://youtu.be/NRZrH6gdpyQ

Last edited by maxicek; 10-18-2016 at 01:19 PM..

Old 10-18-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What's that little town in the valley? And the next photo--is that an abandoned mining center?
This is the abandoned settlement Iultin. Enrichment Plant (tin, tungsten, indium) and the settlement. Founded in 1956. The infrastructure was built with the assistance of prisoners (ChukotLag). Plant destroyed in the early '90s.

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/basov...1_original.jpg

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/basov...6_original.jpg

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/basov...8_original.jpg

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/basov...2_original.jpg

Old 10-18-2016, 01:49 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,163,964 times

Who is this peoples list on the building?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe