Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2022, 02:47 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Ruth, as I already said - the DNR is reporting that all major US media outlets arrived in the area, and apparently a big media campaign is planned to paint the LDNR in the darkest colors possible, now that the Minsk agreement is falling through, and Ukr. officials are acknowledging that they refuse to fulfill it.

P.S. I suspect that this drummed up propaganda campaign might come in place in order to justify the upcoming attack on LDNR.

I don't know what in the hell is going to happen. I can't see Russia not acting, if they don't do something to keep the thugs at bay then they might as well hang it up. We know how bullies work. You fight them or they will keep coming back to beat on you.

They're already lining up even more sanctions as we discuss this. It's never going to end so Russia has nothing to lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2022, 03:44 PM

1,503 posts, read 607,520 times
Quote:
Oh, then it's a different story.

You know, I sense that Pu is up to something.

When I was listening to Russian news today ( on everything what's developing,) they are literally loling in that studio "60 Minutes" ( and this includes some MP talking to them directly from Ukrainian parliament, and describing what a mad house going on there.)

Plus this particular point in Putin's demands/requests ( call it whatever you like) addressed to NATO - to roll everything back to the 1997 positions ( when the original agreement has been signed, ) makes me think that he wouldn't make such hefty demand, IF he wouldn't have something already prepared down his sleeve.

P. S. Yes, visiting Hermitage is worth the trouble.
I'm pretty sure he does. It should be something beneficial for Russia and very painful for the US/NATO, but I can't even guess what it could be. For sure it will not be Ukraine. Options range from raising SCO to the NATO level (or even higher) of mutual "defense" or deploying nukes to Cuba, to simply denouncing any IP protection for companies in NATO countries. Heck, just producing and selling any and all drugs to anybody interested without paying a penny to Big Pharma would be a huge punch in a face and pocket of the USA
Again, I don't have a clue what Putin has prepared; but what I'm sure is that these demands were done specifically on purpose of refusing them - it was obvious from the very beginning.

Old 02-03-2022, 04:51 PM

2,367 posts, read 909,441 times
At some point it becomes irresponsible for Russia to not respond.

And due to all the internal conflicts in Ukraine, after it's over I think the borders will be redrawn in every direction, including border with Romania. But I guess that discussion belongs in a different thread.

Old 02-03-2022, 05:43 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
I'm pretty sure he does. It should be something beneficial for Russia and very painful for the US/NATO, but I can't even guess what it could be. For sure it will not be Ukraine. Options range from raising SCO to the NATO level (or even higher) of mutual "defense" or deploying nukes to Cuba, to simply denouncing any IP protection for companies in NATO countries. Heck, just producing and selling any and all drugs to anybody interested without paying a penny to Big Pharma would be a huge punch in a face and pocket of the USA
Again, I don't have a clue what Putin has prepared; but what I'm sure is that these demands were done specifically on purpose of refusing them - it was obvious from the very beginning.

His specific demand to push NATO positions back to where they were in 1997 ( the time of the initial agreement) is rather indicative of that.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
At some point it becomes irresponsible for Russia to not respond.

And due to all the internal conflicts in Ukraine, after it's over I think the borders will be redrawn in every direction, including border with Romania. But I guess that discussion belongs in a different thread.

See, it all goes back to Donbass and the "Minsk agreement."
Who will get out of it ( or rather FORCED to get out of it) first.

Putin is trying to play by the "official rules."
If Kiev will get out of the Minsk agreement, then Russia will be free to recognize the DNR and LNR as separate from Ukraine Republics. Then the economic sanctions that were imposed on Russia for specifically THIS involvement in Ukrainian affairs should be lifted ( yeah right, we all know it ain't happening.)
But if Russia will go ahead and violate the Minsk agreement while admitting the LDNR in Russia OR recognizing them as separate Republics, then Moscow will get all the blame in "annexing Ukrainian territories."

( Minding you, people in those places are still sitting under the flying bullets and explosions, while waiting for the resolution.)
And I think that's what's holding Moscow back for now with any definite response on all other fronts.

( Although it's quietly incorporating LDNR economy into the Russian one as we speak, and even paying the pensions now to the LDNR elderly.)

To the recent indignation of Kiev's government, that considers it "Russia's involvement into internal Ukrainian affairs."

Because this is how Ukrainian government saw it fit; ( see that black/red flag along with Ukrainian flag on the check points these unfortunate people have to go through in order to get their meager pensions? Yeah, that's the nationalist flags of the "Right Sector."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQuKgvPHf2E

So yes, I believe this is the reason of the delay with response from Kremlin - Donbass.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:33 PM

Quote:
So yes, I believe this is the reason of the delay with response from Kremlin - Donbass.
Yes I think it's still too early. Right now it's like a trap and Putin will not blink first. But things will get worse...

Old 02-03-2022, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Yes I think it's still too early. Right now it's like a trap and Putin will not blink first. But things will get worse...

Oh, Putin is definitely not blinking.

Both Macron and Scholz are reaching out to him, and even Boris Johnson was initially planning a call ( but now had to reschedule it, due to some Partygate scandal, he is in the middle of, apparently.
This would explain the look of his tie during Kiev's visit, but whatever. He still comes across as enthusiastic and cheerful person, so what do I care )
Macron said that Russia is part of Europe and that it's "impossible to have peace and stability in Europe without being able to negotiate with Russia."
( Which is true.)

Scholz I imagine needs the gas no matter what.

But that conversation can wait I assume, since Putin is heading to Beijin, and judging by the kind of delegation he is taking with him ( Lavrov, some military ppl, economists and all,) it ain't sport he is going to talk about with Dzin-Dzin.

Lukashenko of Belorussia meanwhile is hugging with S. Shoygu (Russian military chief) and both are observing joint military exercise, while sitting in Belorussia.

All this is happening while the clock is ticking on Donbass.

Last edited by erasure; 02-03-2022 at 08:20 PM..

Old 02-03-2022, 10:09 PM

Just saw this on cspan

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_DTSSv...ature=youtu.be

So now the US preemptively says if Ukraine appears to move first, that'd be fake. The US state department wants us to believe whatever the state department says, without evidence. But if we happen to see a video of Ukraine aggression, we are to believe the video is fake, and the people in it are actors?!

Old 02-03-2022, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Just saw this on cspan

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_DTSSv...ature=youtu.be

So now the US preemptively says if Ukraine appears to move first, that'd be fake. The US state department wants us to believe whatever the state department says, without evidence. But if we happen to see a video of Ukraine aggression, we are to believe the video is fake, and the people in it are actors?!

Yeah, I am listening and this is what I hear;
"In 2014 Russia developed remarkably similar playbook; amassed troops, engaged in 2014 ( historical fact).. engaged in disinformation and propaganda to paint Ukraine as an aggressor, fabricated a pretext for invasion..."

OK, let's see here.

Henry Langston from Vice News - this doesn't struck you like a typical Russian name, does it?

Let's see ( yet again) what he is reporting from location back in 2014, shall we?

"Donetsk morgue overrun with civilian casualties."

Now who would cause these civilian casualties, would this be the "Russian aggression" or... oh horror... this is the Ukrainian aggression - the one, that the White House ( represented by Ned Price in this case) is trying to deny?

Have a look here, what the locals are saying;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zL0...-80Zy&index=59

Now if you ask me, by the sound of it, I am deducing what this is all about ( taking in consideration what I hear from the Russian/Ukrainian sites.)
This whole deal with Minsk agreement apparently is faltering big time, and Kiev is explaining to Washington why it can't and shouldn't be fulfilled ( without the direct admission that the National battalions are in charge of the situation, (not the official government,) and they will NOT accept this Minsk agreement in its current shape and form, no who, no how. So there is no sense for Washington to push Kiev into the Minsk agreement, as Washington tried to lately. The game should be changed from now on.

Yet at the same time, the whole situation with Donbass must be resolved in the nearest time, since it's bleeding Kiev of resources, plus this territorial dispute is yet another hindrance on its "way into NATO."
So now, stuffed with eight loads (cargo flights) of American weapons delivered to Ukraine - the weapons that are already making their way to Donbass, and with Washington's blessing, the Ukrainian army probably feels well equipped by now to attack Donbass. ( DNR is reporting that Ukrainian army amassed about 120,000 troops on their border.)

And that's where this "propaganda campaign" takes roots - to prepare the public for justification of this move, promoting Ukrainian victimhood and the "Russian aggression."

Just a guess.
Now the Russian parliament is on Covid vacation (?) or whatever, and planning to be back on February 14th, to make further decisions.

The Communists are proposing to Putin to include LDNR into the Russian Federation, while the "United Russia" wants to send there the advanced weaponry.

I am not sure how much time anyone has, since it looks like the smear campaign is already starting, and the same Clarissa Ward (CNN) that was reporting during Afghanistan withdrawal, is already in Donbass, along with other major media outlets.

Last edited by erasure; 02-03-2022 at 11:46 PM..

Old 02-04-2022, 01:13 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Breaking news!

Lyrics: Cho Ren Chu (I'm not sure how the name of this Korean poet is translated into English, Russian: Тё Рен Чур).
Music: Letov.

The Song About Chinese National Volunteer (eng sub)

https://youtu.be/1KHDC4S7mj0
(translate have mistake, the river is Amnok)

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 02-04-2022 at 02:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe