Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2022, 03:54 PM

9,361 posts, read 14,304,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
. ."
erasure can you, or somebody else, find a professional written translation in English (or Spanish or Italian, even French) of Mr Putin’s remarks today at the Council meeting and/or the signing ceremony with the separatist leaders?

I know that’s a lot to ask, but these live interpreters and snippets from western media just don’t cut it.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2022, 04:09 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
erasure can you, or somebody else, find a professional written translation in English (or Spanish or Italian, even French) of Mr Putin’s remarks today at the Council meeting and/or the signing ceremony with the separatist leaders?

I know that’s a lot to ask, but these live interpreters and snippets from western media just don’t cut it.

Thank you.

As anything else lately, lol.

( As I've said - I've never seen Western media being turned into the blatant propaganda machine as it's now.)

But let me see what I can find.

P.S. You mean Council meeting in Russia, right?

Old 02-21-2022, 09:13 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,729 times
Quote:

Thank you.
Please
Security Council meeting • President of*Russia

Old 02-21-2022, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post

Thank you Zim)))

Old 02-22-2022, 01:38 AM

Quote:
The text sort of ends in the middle of a conversation and at the bottom it says to be continued, so apparently some professional translators are still working on the transcript.

Anyway, thank you for pointing this out and erasure for taking an interest. I can check the site periodically for further installments of the translation.

Old 02-22-2022, 02:06 AM

Quote:
The text sort of ends in the middle of a conversation and at the bottom it says to be continued, so apparently some professional translators are still working on the transcript.

Anyway, thank you for pointing this out and erasure for taking an interest. I can check the site periodically for further installments of the translation.
Yes, there is a large volume there. Most likely everything is in the process of translation.

Old 02-22-2022, 03:13 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,021,563 times
Quote:
Yes, there is a large volume there. Most likely everything is in the process of translation.
Probably being 'vetted' in case there is any censored information!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_...20mass%20media.

Old 02-22-2022, 04:28 AM

Quote:
In one of the texts, Mr Putin mentions Poland and Hungary, that western parts of today’s Ukraine used to be part of those people’s territories.

I believe that Poland and Hungary are currently engaged in disputes with the EU which is even withholding funds from Poland right now.

In English-speaking contexts, almost no one mentions the roles of Hungary, especially Poland and its frayed relationship with the EU and its perhaps more cozy relationship with the US, and even Lithuania in all this.

I still have the impression that the Russians have little interest in the western portions of Ukraine, that those with the most potential to lose politically are Germany/EU, while France is struggling to remain relevant. At the same time the US (and Poland) has something to gain regardless of how much Ukraine’s eastern territory remains in or goes back to the Russian fold as long as it comes at a price in terms of Russian and Ukrainian blood and treasure on the ground: it’s always advantageous to have one’s stooges and adversaries to fight one another.

The only way Germany/EU can gain is if Russian capitulates on Donbass and any other eastern Ukraine territories. It appears that Russia has not done that.

NATO may have a reinforced sense of purpose, but that is more to the advantage of the US than to the EU which appears strained, which is to the advantage of both the US/UK and Russia, and even Poland.

Last edited by bale002; 02-22-2022 at 05:22 AM..

Old 02-22-2022, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Probably being 'vetted' in case there is any censored information!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_...20mass%20media.
Well done. Go get some candy in the closet, you deserve it.

If you strained your brain a little and were able to switch to the Russian version, then you would probably be able to read the full version of the speech in Russian, using the translator built into Google Chrome.

Old 02-22-2022, 03:33 PM

Quote:
In one of the texts, Mr Putin mentions Poland and Hungary, that western parts of today’s Ukraine used to be part of those people’s territories.

I believe that Poland and Hungary are currently engaged in disputes with the EU which is even withholding funds from Poland right now.

In English-speaking contexts, almost no one mentions the roles of Hungary, especially Poland and its frayed relationship with the EU and its perhaps more cozy relationship with the US, and even Lithuania in all this.

I still have the impression that the Russians have little interest in the western portions of Ukraine, that those with the most potential to lose politically are Germany/EU, while France is struggling to remain relevant. At the same time the US (and Poland) has something to gain regardless of how much Ukraine’s eastern territory remains in or goes back to the Russian fold as long as it comes at a price in terms of Russian and Ukrainian blood and treasure on the ground: it’s always advantageous to have one’s stooges and adversaries to fight one another.

The only way Germany/EU can gain is if Russian capitulates on Donbass and any other eastern Ukraine territories. It appears that Russia has not done that.

NATO may have a reinforced sense of purpose, but that is more to the advantage of the US than to the EU which appears strained, which is to the advantage of both the US/UK and Russia, and even Poland.

Sorry Bale, can't comment on your post entirely right away, but I am listening to today's "60 minutes," and it's out of this world.

I wish I could translate it ALL, because it's so important in terms of clues it gives what's going on in the Russian government now, and what are the perspectives of the future developments, but let me stop just at this fragment of Putin's speech ( regarding the Western portion of Ukraine.)

I've never seen such "bad light" in his eyes ( or the smirk, or whatever you want to call it.)
Before him there were two different speakers, and one of them was from the KPRF; ( Communist Party,) he was pretty consistent all these years that Donbass ( South East in general) had to be protected, since "all these agreements, all this our running with "peace negotiations" via diplomatic channels such as PACE, UN and what not, didn't do any good.
Because we saw that within Ukraine, whoever was trying to resolve anything in democratic peaceful manner, were simply beaten up or killed by the Nationalist gangs. We observed it over and over again - all these older people trying to protect their statues of Lenin that belonged to the city, the statues of heroes of the WWII - whatever they believed in - they were simply beaten up with sticks. " ( All true, I saw it too many times.)

I haven't seen the facilitators being so quiet throughout his full speech. It's seldom when they wouldn't interrupt like that.)

Then there was a speech of some functionary ( al lot of them were arguing before how it was "not our people and not our problem - all these "Ukrainian affairs."
Now a lot of them are changing their tune.

But back to Putin and his speech.

"Ukraine came to life as the result of the Bolsheviks policies. We can call it today with the full responsibility (by its real name) "Ukraine named after Vladimir Ilich Lenin."
He is her author and architect. This is entirely confirmed by the archive papers, including his stern orders regarding Donbass, which was literally forced into Ukraine.

And now the "grateful descendants" quote unquote ( meaning Ukrainian Nationalists) got busy destroying all the Lenin's monuments." ( I think it was Poroshenko that signed the law of "decommunisation of Ukraine," while unleashing the Nazi propaganda across the country.)
Putin: "So this destruction of monuments is what they call "decommunisation" over there. *Sigh.*
So you want the "decommunisation?"

Oh well, we don't mind.

But let's not stop half-way here.

We are ready to show you what REAL DECOMMUNISATION means for Ukraine."

Silence.

And now I have to fill in what the facilitator ( Olga Skabeejeva) was saying before she switched the screen to Putin's speech; ( she was weighing down, whether a lot of actions that Russia took in Caucasus or Crimea really "unleashed the war" or "brought the peace," since there were a lot of arguments pro and contra.

But whatever it was, the same case was argued for Donbass now.

The functionary (at 27:42); "I think we didn't start the war, but we actually started the process of unification with Ukraine."
Olga Skabejeva; "A stern warning came from the president Putin to Ukrainians ( the Nationalists first of all of course)

You were dreaming about the "decommunisation?"

We'll show you the "decommunization."
If Ukraine won't calm down, it will shrink down to five regions, the rest will be "decommunised," as you were asking for it."

*Curtains.*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXB1Ou-s4cA&t=261s

Last edited by erasure; 02-22-2022 at 03:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe