Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2022, 11:45 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Another Tucker Carson 'know-it-all' kind of guy. Now don't forget reminding us how our grandfathers fought against the Nazis, you missed that part.

Now that you mentioned him, Tucker Carlson actually asks a lot of good questions from American point of view..
So it's not like he "knows it all" either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcRQd5hctso&t=627s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2022, 11:46 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,021,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Oh, those poor victims, the Serbs?.

Independence and freedom isn't Serbia's strongest point. They were often (well always) loosing to their neighbors and see Russia as their eternal master and "liberator". After Belarus it's the only remaining pro-russian country in the whole of europe and the world.

Old 03-03-2022, 11:48 AM

2,367 posts, read 909,441 times
Oh, ok Tucker Carlson is a TV personality? I don't have a television and I have limited data on my phone so I don't stream TV programs either.

Old 03-03-2022, 11:52 AM

6,801 posts, read 4,243,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Oh, those poor victims, the Serbs? You mean, the only nation of the former Yugoslavia that was at war with all the others? The ones who invented ethnic cleansing?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbia..._Yugoslav_Wars

With pillars of the community, like these guys?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slobodan_Milošević

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...mer_Yugoslavia

Context is king. Thank you for framing the Russian Nazi aggressors in the same vein as the Serb Nazi aggressors for the Yugoslav Wars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yugoslav_Wars

Eerily similar - thanks for confirming.

I was thinking about Serbia earlier because I too saw the parallels. Interestingly enough, the Serbs still control a significant % of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Most people don't realize that the peace accord essentially allowed them to keep their territory in Bosnia. After all the fighting, all the killing, the international intervention etc., in the end it was basically a draw that everyone signed off on.

I recall absolutely hating the Serbs back then, I basically considered Serbia the antichrist. And I know this was a pretty widely held sentiment especially after Srebrenica. It's very instructive though that at the end of it all, an American negotiator sat down at a table with those people and basically got to a compromise solution.

And of course there was the prosecution of the involved warlords etc. afterwards but we did more or less allow them to get a lot of what they wanted simply because insisting otherwise would have been too costly for everyone involved.

Old 03-03-2022, 11:58 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,021,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
I was thinking about Serbia earlier because I too saw the parallels. Interestingly enough, the Serbs still control a significant % of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Most people don't realize that the peace accord essentially allowed them to keep their territory in Bosnia. After all the fighting, all the killing, the international intervention etc., in the end it was basically a draw that everyone signed off on.

I recall absolutely hating the Serbs back then, I basically considered Serbia the antichrist. And I know this was a pretty widely held sentiment especially after Srebrenica. It's very instructive though that at the end of it all, an American negotiator sat down at a table with those people and basically got to a compromise solution.

And of course there was the prosecution of the involved warlords etc. afterwards but we did more or less allow them to get a lot of what they wanted simply because insisting otherwise would have been too costly for everyone involved.

Except this time is very different. America is weaker than it was in the 90s and more importantly: Russia is way stronger than Serbia. If America wants to help the only thing they can do is install a funny president like Trump so we can laugh at this jokes because Biden is a boring old man. Even Zelenski is paying more attention to what the whole of Europe thinks and for a good reason. I consider him a hero and hope for the death of Putin as soon as possible and not Zelenski.

Old 03-03-2022, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
Oh, ok Tucker Carlson is a TV personality? I don't have a television and I have limited data on my phone so I don't stream TV programs either.

He is on Youtube though.
I get tonnes of info from Youtube.

I prefer to see with my own eyes what's going on out there, than to listen to someone else's interpretations.

( Tucker Carlson ( and others of course present their own point of view, and it's up to anyone to choose - to share it or not.)

Old 03-03-2022, 12:04 PM

2,367 posts, read 909,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
He is on Youtube though.
I get tonnes of info from Youtube.

I prefer to see with my own eyes what's going on out there, than to listen to someone else's interpretations.
Youtube uses too much data on my phone.

Old 03-03-2022, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
Youtube uses too much data on my phone.

Gotcha.

I barely use my phone too, just hate using phones for anything but calling and texting.

Call me old-fashioned.

( But I have my comp of course))))

Last edited by erasure; 03-03-2022 at 12:20 PM..

Old 03-03-2022, 01:17 PM

Russians are having an emergency session in the Ministry of Defense.

About 5 million people are held hostage in four major Ukrainian cities- Kharkov, Mariupol, Sumi (300,000+ population) and Kiev, ( thousands of foreigners as well - over 3,000 Indians, don't remember about the rest. But 10 Britons are caught in the situation too, from what I hear.)
Mariupol is the worst the case.

There, the Nationalists (Azov battalion) literally put people in the same buildings where the troops are located and set the mines in buildings too.

Kharkov ( where the majority of foreign students are trapped I assume) - there the Ukrainian troops are not allowing civilians to exit the city.

Same with Kiev.

I think it's time for US gov. to put pressure on its puppets in Kiev, instead of keeping encouraging them.

But I do see that the Ukrainian-Russian negotiations are proceeding, (1:25) so let's hope that civilians will be saved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQJJt0AdgMM

Last edited by erasure; 03-03-2022 at 01:35 PM..

Old 03-03-2022, 01:45 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times
Russia has been fabricating stories to justify the slaughtering of civilians. India exposed that lie. India asked Russia for help with stranded Indian students. Russia claimed the students were taken hostage and used as human shields by Ukraine, a claim India refutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6HcG01QvTA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe