Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2020, 06:34 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Have you ever tried cod?
No. It was put in front of me once and it was totally repulsive to me. My wife would buy it sometimes and I'd go vegan. Smoked Mackeral was even worse, she would have her friends over and every cat in the neighborhood was hanging around outside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2020, 06:41 PM

Quote:
You are aware of some weird stuff apparently, that I have no clue about Scrat....
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...714-story.html

I wonder if it isn't moose lips. I've never seen deer like we have in the states over there. What they call elk there is a moose here in America.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:24 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...714-story.html

I wonder if it isn't moose lips. I've never seen deer like we have in the states over there. What they call elk there is a moose here in America.

I lived a*very sheltered life* in Moscow Scrat, so I've never heard of those things, and so I had to check them out)))

It's all people from the country-side are talking, the ones that have hunters in the family.
And in this case they were talking about moose of course. Apparently they know how to cook different parts in different ways - that lower jaw part including, which was referred to as "moose lips baked with lingonberries."

Zimogor lives in Siberia, so this would explain his experience, when it comers to game/fish.

Quote:
bear, rabbit, hare, marmot, badger, elk, roe deer, deer, grouse, duck, goose, bream, crayfish, roach, various carps, pike, trout, salmon, grayling,herring, Baikal omul... That's what I remember.
But me - I am happy with my tuna sandwich.
Thanks.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:52 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I lived a*very sheltered life* in Moscow Scrat, so I've never heard of those things, and so I had to check them out)))

It's all people from the country-side are talking, the ones that have hunters in the family.
And in this case they were talking about moose of course. Apparently they know how to cook different parts in different ways - that lower jaw part including, which was referred to as "moose lips baked with lingonberries."

Zimogor lives in Siberia, so this would explain his experience, when it comers to game/fish.

But me - I am happy with my tuna sandwich.
Thanks.
I once tried the lips of the elk. This is VERY tasty, even tastier than beef tongue in my opinion. But need to be able right to cook it.

Old 01-28-2020, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
I once tried the lips of the elk. This is VERY tasty, even tastier than beef tongue in my opinion. But need to be able right to cook it.

Zimogor, what did you mean by "roach" anyways?

Old 01-28-2020, 09:38 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Zimogor, what did you mean by "roach" anyways?
It's not me, it's Google. I meant fish плотва.

Old 01-28-2020, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
It's not me, it's Google. I meant fish плотва.

Oh, this explains)))
(Initially I've almost freaked out)))

P.S. I live in "Germanic" part of America ( German, Scandinavian descendants,) so we definitely have smoked fish in the local store - at least some of it.
But I still miss скумбрия and other varieties- the kind Scrat is gagging from, apparently))

For those ones you have to look for a Russian store. ( The nearest one is like three hours away.)

Last edited by erasure; 01-28-2020 at 10:38 PM..

Old 01-29-2020, 10:44 AM

Quote:
I know, you're a city kid. I told you about my childhood in Montana already. My mom was surprised I survived it.

I think I understand you opinion of the Chinese and what they will eat. I've heard the saying "Chinese will eat anything with a spine to the heavens" and to one degree or another considering conditions there in the past I won't point a finger at them for it, even today. It's about survival. When it comes to fruit bats in soup just as a stunt to impress your friends or whatever that's not right.

Old 01-30-2020, 01:23 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
So, did Chinese leak a biological weapons or not?

Old 01-30-2020, 02:47 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
So, did Chinese leak a biological weapons or not?
Arguments against this:
- it looks like a standard RNA virus, which came from animals (bats?). Chinese eat a lot of everything and it looks believable.

Arguments for biological weapons:
- Wuhan Institute of Virology is located in Wuhan (laboratory with the highest level of security);
- highest quarantine measures: using an army with military weapons (as I saw in the videos);
- there is little data on the progress of the disease, but so far the mortality rate looks very high:
patients: 7736 (+1739 for last day)
deceased: 170 (+38)
recovered: 124 (+21)
- emergency evacuation of US citizens (other countries also evacuate citizens) from the city;
- Russia closed the border with China by foot and road in five regions of the Far Eastern Federal District;
- emergency construction of medical centers in Wuhan. What for? For the epidemic, temporary tents could be deployed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe