Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2020, 02:54 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times

Advertisements

Russia doesn't honor its commitment to the Saudis and OPEC? Shocker. I guess we won't be seeing Putin getting a royal welcome in Riyadh anytime soon. Good thing for Russia they banked much of their oil funds because they are going to need them very soon. This pain will be felt far and wide. I wonder how far the ruble will fall to, 70?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2020, 04:19 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Russia doesn't honor its commitment to the Saudis and OPEC? Shocker. I guess we won't be seeing Putin getting a royal welcome in Riyadh anytime soon. Good thing for Russia they banked much of their oil funds because they are going to need them very soon. This pain will be felt far and wide. I wonder how far the ruble will fall to, 70?
I heard they were discussing cutting production, no decision has been made yet.

Old 03-07-2020, 01:51 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I heard they were discussing cutting production, no decision has been made yet.
Then you need more up to date news sources. The Russian government said there will be no more limits to production.

Old 03-07-2020, 01:52 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
It seems that Russia is refusing to reduce oil production. I wonder why? Cheap oil will hit the Russian economy, and it’s interesting what they conceived.

Old 03-07-2020, 01:55 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Awesome strings (never met it before)!

Мой товарищ, в смертельной агонии
Не зови понапрасну друзей.
Дай-ка лучше согрею ладони я
Над дымящейся кровью твоей.

Ты не плачь, не стони, ты не маленький,
Ты не ранен, ты просто убит.
Дай на память сниму с тебя валенки,
Нам еще наступать предстоит.
--------------
My comrade, in your death-agony
Don't call your friends in vain!
Instead let me warm my palms
Over your steaming blood.

Don't you weep, don't moan, You are no small child
You are not hurt, you have simply been killed.
Let me take off your boots as a keepsake,
For we shall yet have to advance.

(c)https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ion_Degen

Old 03-07-2020, 04:12 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
It seems that Russia is refusing to reduce oil production. I wonder why? Cheap oil will hit the Russian economy, and it’s interesting what they conceived.
I believe Putin thinks he will play economic war with American oil producers this way. Lower oil prices will drive down American oil production. It's an expensive way to hit us but he can do it if he wants as long as the cash reserves hold out. Its not like Russian people deserve their own money I guess. It won't hurt our economy though as this will be offset by lower energy prices.

Old 03-07-2020, 10:19 PM

1,348 posts, read 625,507 times
I congratulate all the ladies present here on International women's day. Happy Holiday!

https://s1.tchkcdn.com/g-vYbbOadaaVH...40e5_zzsdj.jpg

Old 03-08-2020, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Oil only counts as 10 percent of the gdp. With the changes in the past in taxes, government spending and diversification of the economy these last few years it allows Russia to be flexible and that is power. Saudi Arabia and other OPEC nation's do not have that flexibility.
Russia can call a lot of shots and it knows it.

Old 03-08-2020, 12:18 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,929,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Oil only counts as 10 percent of the gdp. With the changes in the past in taxes, government spending and diversification of the economy these last few years it allows Russia to be flexible and that is power. Saudi Arabia and other OPEC nation's do not have that flexibility.
Russia can call a lot of shots and it knows it.
Yeah I think after 2014 Russia has made it its objective to take the “title” so to speak of world’s leader of oil from the Saudis and punish them the roll they played in destabilizing oil markets.

Old 03-08-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Yeah I think after 2014 Russia has made it its objective to take the “title” so to speak of world’s leader of oil from the Saudis and punish them the roll they played in destabilizing oil markets.
Along with other things such as OPEC countries involvement in the Syrian theatre. Most have proxies in the battle and seem to have no regard to the concerns of Russia in the situation. No respect or cooperation shown, no respect or cooperation returned.

Lower prices are going to hurt US shale oil production too.

Russia went the road of cutting the fat when it comes to trying to be accepted by the west and since there is only abject servitude offered there is little reason not to put Russia first in all matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe